What Developers do you Trust the Most?

Warm_Regards

CD Projekt RED

Fromsoft

I trust Naughty Dog to release good single player adventure games but I don't like the fact they feel the need to tack a multiplayer mode onto everything and charge $80 for some stickers and virtual currency.

Your game is not an MMO Naughty Dog, no one cares about costumes in a shoddy multiplayer no one will play after 4 months.

Really? Who are you to say that? What qualifies you to speak in the name of the entire gaming community or to tell to the best video game developer what they should do? I've invested more than 1000 hours in Uncharted 3's MP and I still play it almost daily. It's the most fun and complete MP I've ever played. And for your information, the game was released 4 years ago and there are still tons of people playing it and enjoying it. There are absolutely no problems finding people to play with in most game modes. And btw, why shouldn't people be allowed to buy extra characters if they want to? I myself have bought 3 or 4 extra characters and I have enjoyed them all. Ignorant and selfish opinions make me really sad... Oh, and I hope that Uncharted 4 doesn't have 105 trophies, but 200, since hunting those 105 trophies was the most amazing journey I ever had in my trophy hunting.career.

Really? Who are you to say that? What qualifies you to speak in the name of the entire gaming community or to tell to the best video game developer what they should do? I've invested more than 1000 hours in Uncharted 3's MP and I still play it almost daily. It's the most fun and complete MP I've ever played. And for your information, the game was released 4 years ago and there are still tons of people playing it and enjoying it. There are absolutely no problems finding people to play with in most game modes. And btw, why shouldn't people be allowed to buy extra characters if they want to? I myself have bought 3 or 4 extra characters and I have enjoyed them all. Ignorant and selfish opinions make me really sad... Oh, and I hope that Uncharted 4 doesn't have 105 trophies, but 200, since hunting those 105 trophies was the most amazing journey I ever had in my trophy hunting.career.

Subjective opinion, hypocrite much?

I never said I was qualified to speak on the behalf of an entire community? Who are you to tell a dev what to do? We give feedback and negative criticism is as valid as praise.

A few months is usually as long as any tacked on multiplayer modes last. No one cares about them but a minor handful of people such as yourself.

I wouldn't consider a handful 'tons' and you said it yourself 'most game modes', which means some are dead.

It's your money to throw at the game and I really couldn't care if you flip 100 burgers so you can play as Nathan in a pink shirt.

My opinion is no more selfish or ignorant than yours is, because that's what it is - an opinion.

''I liked Uncharted MP so I want everyone else to play it.'' Yeah dude so wise and selfless.

Edited by Maftet

Trust is... very flexible.

I liked Blizzard, because their name was like a synonym for quality... But since they are with Activision... meh.

I would say Nintendo. You get what you expect and its always fun ^_^

CompileHeart seems to be a studio you can throw blind your money at. Lookup their games, most/all of them seem to be nice.

... What does "trust in a company" actually mean?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As the title says, what developers/studios do you absolutely trust to deliver a quality game, with no bait-and-switch tactics or extremely buggy launches and you have complete comfort in preordering their game.

My top 3 would have to be Naughty Dog, Rockstar and Bethesda.

You trust Bethesda to not have a buggy launch? Christ, have you played literally anything they release? Also Naughty Dog haven't made a good game since Jak 3, in fact the MINUTE Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin left the very next project (Jak X Combat Racing) had bugs and glitches that could (and did) wipe your Memory Card and force you to play without it. In fact they flat out REFUSED to fix it to the point where Sony had to step in to give people replacement Memory Cards. Uncharted is an incredibly boring and generic third person shooter series and to me The Last of Us while not offensive doesn't strike me as particularly ground breaking or interesting. Honestly, Naughty Dog are scum now and the amount of DLC they shoehorned in to Uncharted 2,3 and The Last of Us is beyond offensive. Fuck them. Got nothing against Rockstar; I don't find their games particularly interesting but they generally produce well made games.

Anyway, if I had to name three current ones off the top of my head it'd be Nintendo, Ubisoft Montpellier and Platinum Games. Nintendo for obvious reasons, and Ubisoft Montpellier has a REALLY good track record with the Rayman series and Beyond Good and Evil. The rest of Ubisoft may be shit right now but that division is still up there. Platinum Games are pretty consistently good with the exception of Anarchy Reigns, as Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising and Vanquish are all quality titles. Back when they were Clover Studios as well they made quality games. God Hand is a fun game and Okami is one of the greatest games of all time. Oh, and Japan Studio are a pretty great dev team too. 

• Like 1

You trust Bethesda to not have a buggy launch? Christ, have you played literally anything they release? Also Naughty Dog haven't made a good game since Jak 3, in fact the MINUTE Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin left the very next project (Jak X Combat Racing) had bugs and glitches that could (and did) wipe your Memory Card and force you to play without it. In fact they flat out REFUSED to fix it to the point where Sony had to step in to give people replacement Memory Cards. Uncharted is an incredibly boring and generic third person shooter series and to me The Last of Us while not offensive doesn't strike me as particularly ground breaking or interesting. Honestly, Naughty Dog are scum now and the amount of DLC they shoehorned in to Uncharted 2,3 and The Last of Us is beyond offensive. Fuck them. Got nothing against Rockstar; I don't find their games particularly interesting but they generally produce well made games.

Anyway, if I had to name three current ones off the top of my head it'd be Nintendo, Ubisoft Montpellier and Platinum Games. Nintendo for obvious reasons, and Ubisoft Montpellier has a REALLY good track record with the Rayman series and Beyond Good and Evil. The rest of Ubisoft may be shit right now but that division is still up there. Platinum Games are pretty consistently good with the exception of Anarchy Reigns, as Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising and Vanquish are all quality titles. Back when they were Clover Studios as well they made quality games. God Hand is a fun game and Okami is one of the greatest games of all time. Oh, and Japan Studio are a pretty great dev team too. 

I have played games from Skyrim, Oblivion and Fallout 3 on the PC (And New Vegas if that counts). I have not experienced a lot of bugs as many have reported, except for the occasional hiccup or freezing issues. But mainly my trust for them comes from knowing that despite any potential bugs at launch, they will still deliver a great, enjoyable game that I can immerse myself in and play for hours. I've immensely enjoyed those 4 games mentioned earlier and I am confident enough in Fallout 4 to deliver quality gameplay as well. That's where my trust comes from.

I can't tell if you're purposely aggravating me or are serious. Your response was very unfair and very slightly immature so I'm not going to bother answering the rest nor read any response so that an argument doesn't start. That's perfectly fine that you don't enjoy ND games and do not trust them as a developer. But much of your reasoning as to why you disagree with MY trust in ND (using mainly your personal opinions on their games) is laughable and the manner in which you presented it is just begging for people to argue with you.

Edited by Warm_Regards

what about developers we DO NOT trust? me personally i do not trust any but there are a few worst offenders. the closest company to getting my trust is XSeed but they are a publisher and Vigil games (R.I.P.) got dragged under by the terrible THQ.

Someone already used your idea :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I have played games from Skyrim, Oblivion and Fallout 3 on the PC (And New Vegas if that counts). I have not experienced a lot of bugs as many have reported, except for the occasional hiccup or freezing issues. But mainly my trust for them comes from knowing that despite any potential bugs at launch, they will still deliver a great, enjoyable game that I can immerse myself in and play for hours. I've immensely enjoyed those 4 games mentioned earlier and I am confident enough in Fallout 4 to deliver quality gameplay as well. That's where my trust comes from.

I can't tell if you're purposely aggravating me or are serious. Your response was very unfair and very slightly immature so I'm not going to bother answering the rest nor read any response so that an argument doesn't start. That's perfectly fine that you don't enjoy ND games and do not trust them as a developer. But much of your reasoning as to why you disagree with MY trust in ND (using mainly your personal opinions on their games) is laughable and the manner in which you presented it is just begging for people to argue with you.

How is pointing out incredibly shitty business practices and terrible programming laughable? Yeah I'm not a fan of their recent work but it doesn't take away from the fact that they're an incredibly disingenuous, lazy and money hungry entity now. Mate, I used to love Naughty Dog when they made Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter and I've already stated why I hate them now. Did you completely ignore what I said about their DLC milking and MEMORY CARD CORRUPTING PROGRAMMING? The fact that you are completely ignoring my points (no, flat out REFUSING to address them) and accusing me of immaturity shows your blind fanboyism and hypocrisy. Also if you're going to accuse someone of immaturity have the balls to flat out call it immature. Don't call it SLIGHTLY immature, just call it what you think it is. At least have the balls to stand by your opinion and not be passive aggressive. I know you're going to read this, and it's funny to see you covering your tracks so early saying you won't respond because you know I'm right. It wouldn't have mattered how I said it, you just can't stand anyone slagging off one of your favourite companies for completely legitimate reasons. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yacht Club Games - The fact that they released Shovel Knight, which is one of my favourite games of all time, Plague of Shadows and still have two more free expansions scheduled makes them pretty trustworthy;

Japan Studios - They stole my heart with Puppeteer  :lol: ;

Naughty Dogs - Since Crash Bandicoot, and recently The Last of Us, they proven to be good developers.