OMG, You never told me Lego games weren't just for kids

AffectatiousDonk

I like to think of it as a shared title. Lego holds fond memories for many people. With things like star wars and marvel you get your own passions with lego etc. More often than not i see adults buying lego with their adult children. I still buy lego because its fun. And the games reflect that. So man up and buy your lego games in the store

• Like 3

I used to really enjoy the Lego games, but Marvel really put me off. That one just dragged on and on with its hundreds of collectibles scattered around the overworld.

I do love me some Vita Lego games though - they don't have an overworld so it isn't as tedious - and will happily play them when they're on PS+. After Marvel though, I'm skeptical about actually buying them. My favourite was Indiana Jones, followed by Batman 2. Harry Potter 1-4 was pretty good too.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

I've been saying this from the begining :D

One of us! One of us!

They are my favourite game series/franchise, I love collecting everything in these games and think they are really good value for money!

I don't care who knows that I love em, screw them if they think it's childish, I'm happy and enjoying them and that's all that matters. I'll often go straight to the nearest game store on release day and grab the PS4 and/or Vita versions of the latest LEGO game :)

Edited by DJROE95
  • Like 4

I rented the Marvel Superheroes one, should be here today :)

I love a good Lego game, but can only play them in moderation or they get super repetitive. Marvel, Lord of the Rings and Batman 2/3 look like the best ones because they all try something new.

Edited by Saltyie

I remember when the movie franchise based games started, I would've been pretty young at the time and my first game order of Sonic Heroes came with a Lego Star Wars the Videogame demo. It was so fuuuuun! I decided to get my parents to pre-order it for me and I haven't actually missed a game other than Jurassic Park since! ^_^

I've always said these games are marketed towards 25 - 35 year olds but are disguised as kids games.

Not that there's anything wrong with adults playing them, but what makes you think they're marketed towards that demographic?  I've only really played the Star Wars ones and The Lord of the Rings one, but there's nothing particularly "adult" about them.  Though I guess Star Wars in particular, being a product of the 70's/80's, would appeal to an older generation more than the young ones.

I think the games are meant to appeal to older gamers, that want something wholesome (but fun) to play with their kids.  IMO.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 1

I've always loved the LEGO games. I have the full collection of available titles on Steam and always have fun playing them. 

Now I'm playing more on PS4 I would love to have more on console, but there are too many to buy, sadly. I did re-buy Jurassic World and have the platinum for that, though.

• Like 1

Not that there's anything wrong with adults playing them, but what makes you think they're marketed towards that demographic?  I've only really played the Star Wars ones and The Lord of the Rings one, but there's nothing particularly "adult" about them.

Kids aren't old enough to have watched Star Wars/Lord of the Rings when the movies first released. It could be seen as a nostalgia trip for adults who enjoyed the franchises.

• Like 3

Kids aren't old enough to have watched Star Wars/Lord of the Rings when the movies first released. It could be seen as a nostalgia trip for adults who enjoyed the franchises.

Star Wars sure... but Lord of the Rings?  The first movie came out in 2001.  Harry Potter?  Pirates of the Caribbean?  It's all recent stuff.

EDIT: Though I guess I do consider things over a decade old "recent", apparently.  Where has the time gone...?

Edited by PleaseHoldOn
  • Like 2

Lego games are fun stress free gaming and easy platinum's as long as you put in the time.  They can be a little long sometimes if your going for 100% completion finding all the mini kits etc... Working my way through Lego The Hobbit at the moment and I'd say by the time I get completed i'll have clocked between 25-30 hours.  Well worth the money as you get good value.

• Like 1

I also like them for the most part. They're great to just pick up and play, well-made and generally without glitches. The movie adaptations are good, if not great and give them a silly undertone, which I appreciate.

Recently played/playing through the vita ones and only Legends of Chima is good. The Nindroids ones are farily average, if not bad.

Favourites so far are: Legends of Chima, Batman 2 and Harry Potter 1-4.

Unfortunately I'm not looking forward to Lego Dimensions at all, as it's pulling a Skylanders with the podium and figures and crap.