SMB Bitching Thread

TheYuriG

9 hours ago, esstee11 said:

i don't need to visit this SMB bitching thread again cuz tonight i got the impossible boy trophy bagging my platinum WOOP WOOP! 

chuffed to bits its overrrrrr haha 

good luck to the rest of you, a lot of you are very close so i know you'll make it :D

Very nice!

Hope to join you soon

Just got a no death run with one last level to go for girl boy, the last level.  One of the easiest ones for me out of the lot for that world.  Died on the first row.  Must of been the excitement and anticipation of finally getting it done plus the nerves. Seriously FUCK this annoying piece of shit game that is all it is at this point now.  As much as I'd like to get the plat for the stupid amount of time I've invested in it so far I just can NOT be arsed with it anymore, there is literally no enjoyment playing this game for me now its just annoying and no fun at all.  I see alot that say if you can get zombie boy you can get the plat but na I can live without it.  I only get on it bored at work on the vita and if I carry on I can see myself smashing my vita.  Not gonna waste any more time on this absolute twatwaffle of a game.  The very best of luck to everyone else.  Zombie boy will do for me.  And you know what the worst part is?  I'll probably play it again!  Why are we doing this!?  ?

5 hours ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

Just got a no death run with one last level to go for girl boy, the last level.  One of the easiest ones for me out of the lot for that world.  Died on the first row.  Must of been the excitement and anticipation of finally getting it done plus the nerves. Seriously FUCK this annoying piece of shit game that is all it is at this point now.  As much as I'd like to get the plat for the stupid amount of time I've invested in it so far I just can NOT be arsed with it anymore, there is literally no enjoyment playing this game for me now its just annoying and no fun at all.  I see alot that say if you can get zombie boy you can get the plat but na I can live without it.  I only get on it bored at work on the vita and if I carry on I can see myself smashing my vita.  Not gonna waste any more time on this absolute twatwaffle of a game.  The very best of luck to everyone else.  Zombie boy will do for me.  And you know what the worst part is?  I'll probably play it again!  Why are we doing this!?  1f62c.png

Probably because stopping so close before reaching the finish line is kinda dumb. I stop now after getting blood clot boy and salt boy, got them easily to be honest, but i know there is almost a zero percent chance i get demon boy due to it having too many stages that kill me multiple times in a row, let alone maggot boy, zombie boy, girl boy or impossible boy. Stopping with so many soul crushing trophies left is fine with me, i gave it my best and know this is where my skill is just not sufficient, but you bet i would keep on going if i already tortured myself for like a hundred hours to get insane things like zombie boy and the plat now hangs on like 2 trophies. Someone who can get demon boy and zombie boy honestly can get the others, rapture worlds are actually harder for me than most cotton alley worlds.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 1

So, I decided to come back to this after a few months. this will probably be my last hurrah with SMB. I (finally) got the Cotton Alley trophy this morning (and wondered why it took me so long to do so). I need 6 more dark worlds to challenge the boss there. I think I can get the Hell Light World and Hospital Dark World trophies. But after that, I think I might call it a day. I might go for the 100% trophy, but I'm still a ways from it, so I might instead just go for the warp zones.

Once again, respect for all of you that platted this (legit, of course). I won't be joining you, but I'll be proud of where I end up, wherever that it.

• Like 1

Good luck to all going for it!

Had another go today and I'm 100% done with it for sure. Game deleted and never to be gone on again. The cotton alley no death runs and the plat can lick my hairy crack lol. Just annoying and no fun to play anymore for me now. To all that have platted well done ?. I don't have the patience for those shit levels.

Looks like taking a break from SMB for 2 weeks actually paid off. On day 2, my gameplay increased significantly. Instead of raging and succumbing to pressure, I kept a level-head and got an 18/20 run. So many decent no-death runs ruined by the likes of 7-1X, 7-13X and 7-20X:

18/20 - x1

16/20 - x1

14/20 - x1

13/20 - x5

12/20 - x10

10/20 - x14

Just now, if I didn't leave 7-1X and 7-9X for last, I would've obtained the Platinum. These are the levels that I consider a threat:

7-1X (slowly getting better)

7-6X (mostly from slipping)

7-7X (missing the magic pixel)

7-8X (getting better)

7-9X (all about feel)

7-13X (mostly from slipping or dropped inputs)

7-16X (positioning)

7-19X (getting better)

7-20X (died the most)

Impossible Boy and The Platinum are within sight. I should be done in a couple of days.

Note: I posted my progress in the "Tips for Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl and Impossible Boy" thread, but it's outdated.

EDIT: Nevermind, my gameplay is volatile; as usual.

Edited by DJY8898

12 minutes ago, DJY8898 said:

Well everyone, it's finally over. After struggling for 32 consecutive days, I was advised to take a break for a week or two. After doing so, I managed to progress more than I ever did in 2 days. On day 3, I got an 18/20 and a 16/20; I was completely aware that I was close to achieving the goal yet I did not know when it was going to be over. On day 6, it happened, I idiotically left 7-9X for the very end - the most luck-based level in the entire game and I crushed it. Impossible Boy has been conquered and I have finally obtained the monstrosity of a Platinum. A big shout out to @greenzsaber, @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y and @OJ9999vr for their guides and support. Also, a big shout out to @lilpain97 and @KaKrackle for making me realize that the death count does not mean anything. So @Spaz, @ZachSmoke, @PlatynowyKot or anyone else who is reading this and strives to beat Super Meat Boy 100%, though I would normally say good luck, if you lack any redeeming qualities that this game gives you - persistence, patience, precision or reflexes; you will get them eventually. Until then, have fun with this addictive yet very demanding game and see you all in the Platinum Club.

Death count - 62, 061. @reckscollie I am one clumsy yet persistent player.

I no longer need to see this tread. I'll probably follow it for a little while longer, but I'll leave eventually.

Congrats! The quest has finally come to an end. 62,061 deaths doesn't mean a thing. You're a champion!  ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, reckscollie said:

Congrats! The quest has finally come to an end. 62,061 deaths doesn't mean a thing. You're a champion!  1f600.png

Thanks. The quest is over and my heart rate has never gone so high. Fact:

2015: Died on almost every level in the Forest light world and rage quit after beating the Hospital Boss.

2018: Beat the game 106% and obtained the Platinum.

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DJY8898 said:

Well everyone, it's finally over. After struggling for 32 consecutive days, I was advised to take a break for a week or two. After doing so, I managed to progress more than I ever did in 2 days. On day 3, I got an 18/20 and a 16/20; I was completely aware that I was close to achieving the goal yet I did not know when it was going to be over. On day 6, it happened. I idiotically left 7-9X for the very end - the most luck-based level in the entire game and I crushed it. Impossible Boy has been conquered and I have finally obtained the monstrosity of a Platinum. A big shout out to @greenzsaber, @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y and @OJ9999vr for their guides and support. Also, a big shout out to @lilpain97 and @KaKrackle for making me realize that the death count does not mean anything. So @Spaz, @ZachSmoke, @PlatynowyKot or anyone else who is reading this and strives to beat Super Meat Boy 100%, though I would normally say good luck, if you lack any redeeming qualities that this game gives you - persistence, patience, precision or reflexes; you will get them eventually. Until then, have fun with this addictive yet very demanding game and see you all in the Platinum Club.

I no longer need to see this tread. I'll probably follow it for a little while longer, but I'll leave eventually.

Huge congrats man :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJY8898 said:

Well everyone, it's finally over. After struggling for 32 consecutive days, I was advised to take a break for a week or two. After doing so, I managed to progress more than I ever did in 2 days. On day 3, I got an 18/20 and a 16/20; I was completely aware that I was close to achieving the goal yet I did not know when it was going to be over. On day 6, it happened. I idiotically left 7-9X for the very end - the most luck-based level in the entire game and I crushed it. Impossible Boy has been conquered and I have finally obtained the monstrosity of a Platinum. A big shout out to @greenzsaber, @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y and @OJ9999vr for their guides and support. Also, a big shout out to @lilpain97 and @KaKrackle for making me realize that the death count does not mean anything. So @Spaz, @ZachSmoke, @PlatynowyKot or anyone else who is reading this and strives to beat Super Meat Boy 100%, though I would normally say good luck, if you lack any redeeming qualities that this game gives you - persistence, patience, precision or reflexes; you will get them eventually. Until then, have fun with this addictive yet very demanding game and see you all in the Platinum Club.

per aspera ad astra

Wow, my congratulations, you deserve it!
You have really shown patience and skill! :)

The platinum is really something special to my mind. :)

So now @Bizzy_Montana_ and @BigBossImBeamer it's your turn.  It would be a good choice for the 1000th platinum or the 15000th Trophy :D

Edited by S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y
  • Like 2

On 09/10/2018 at 0:09 AM, Spaz said:

Jesus Christ how are so many people now getting this platinum?

I think (unlike the ones of us that post in here our hardwork n how it's going etc) a lot of bastards have found a way to cheat recently. Like look at the guy couple days ago on the 1st Oct, Gabriel something... Smb plat in 13 seconds... LOL...YEA OK!

Ratbags. FLAG.

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

I think (unlike the ones of us that post in here our hardwork n how it's going etc) a lot of bastards have found a way to cheat recently. Like look at the guy couple days ago on the 1st Oct, Gabriel something... Smb plat in 13 seconds... LOL...YEA OK!

Ratbags. FLAG.

That guy is an obvious Vita hacker. Just report him and he will be removed soon enough.

1 hour ago, esstee11 said:

Ratbags. FLAG.

Yeah, I'm afraid you're right.  Although, I don't know if it's gotten much worse lately or not.  It's been possible to hack trophies on vita for a while now, and I'm sure this game is a target since it's so rare and well known.

In any case, I'm not worried about the obvious cheaters.  It's the less obvious ones that are a real problem.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

Yeah, I'm afraid you're right.  Although, I don't know if it's gotten much worse lately or not.  It's been possible to hack trophies on vita for a while now, and I'm sure this game is a target since it's so rare and well known.

In any case, I'm not worried about the obvious cheaters.  It's the less obvious ones that are a real problem.

I just don't see any point in when they do that to get the plat for a game. I mean it's obviously so they've got it on the profile and they can show it off making out that they earned it legit but how is that false victory going to give them any good feeling whatsoever. 

I gave up when I got zombie boy. If I tried those awful annoying cotton alley levels again for a good while I know I could get it but I just don't have the patience for them and it got to the point that there was zero enjoyment for me anymore. No point for me wasting any more time on it, moved on so I can play games I enjoy it makes sense.

Mad props to those that do EARN it though! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmland12 said:

Yea. Agreed about the less obvious being the problem. Only the dumb ones let it be known. I have become skeptical of basically everyone in the top 50 fastest platinum achievers and anyone who has got the plat in a week or under. N I really wish I didn't care. But it's really starting to bug me.

Another of the very recent achievers, I find laughable, bout 20 plats n the ONLY thing on their profile is mega ezpz like mayo, 3 energy cycle, Mr massagy, 2 little adventures on the prairie, 5 soundshapes, then oh just slip super meat boy in there too yea one week no bother. 

Anyway I'm gonna try stop thinking about it or I'll get wound up.

Huge congratulations and huge respect to the genuine players out there who busted their balls like me for this special, notorious, and satisfying platinum. 

• Like 1

Just now, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

I just don't see any point in when they do that to get the plat for a game. I mean it's obviously so they've got it on the profile and they can show it off making out that they earned it legit but how is that false victory going to give them any good feeling whatsoever. 

I gave up when I got zombie boy. If I tried those awful annoying cotton alley levels again for a good while I know I could get it but I just don't have the patience for them and it got to the point that there was zero enjoyment for me anymore. No point for me wasting any more time on it, moved on so I can play games I enjoy it makes sense.

Mad props to those that do EARN it though! 1f44d.png

I absolutely agree.  It's a cliché, but when you cheat you're just cheating yourself.  It's better to give an honest effort, whatever the result.  I know I was pretty tired of this game after Demon Boy.  I had tried for Zombie Boy, but it was just as you described.  I wasn't enjoying it and didn't want to keep trying.  So, I took a long break and eventually, I did come back to the game with a fresh mindset and willingness to put in the effort.  Maybe you'll come back to yours later too.  Or maybe not.  Whatever happens, I've got a lot of respect for anyone that tries for these no death trophies, and especially so for those that achieve Missile Boy or better.

Just now, esstee11 said:

Yea. Agreed about the less obvious being the problem. Only the dumb ones let it be known. I have become skeptical of basically everyone in the top 50 fastest platinum achievers and anyone who has got the plat in a week or under. N I really wish I didn't care. But it's really starting to bug me.

Another of the very recent achievers, I find laughable, bout 20 plats n the ONLY thing on their profile is mega ezpz like mayo, 3 energy cycle, Mr massagy, 2 little adventures on the prairie, 5 soundshapes, then oh just slip super meat boy in there too yea one week no bother. 

Anyway I'm gonna try stop thinking about it or I'll get wound up.

Huge congratulations and huge respect to the genuine players out there who busted their balls like me for this special, notorious, and satisfying platinum. 

I know what you mean.  After putting in a lot of effort in something like this, the idea of someone else just cheating it and trying to take credit is awful.  Personally, I just try to achieve whatever trophies I can get at my own pace and not worry too much about what others are doing.  Someone else will always come along and say they did it much faster or that it was easy or whatever.  Maybe it was for them, or maybe not.  In many cases there's no way I'll ever know for sure.  It would be nice to know which is which, though.  :P

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 2:34 PM, UltraRareBoy said:

I'm @ Zombie Boy atm and i think i'm going to get it soon. So tell me Girl Boy & Impossible Boy are much more difficult or is it a tiny bit ? O and i think many PPL buy this plat from trophy Services cause the profile will Look good with meatboy in it lol or maybe i'm wrong who knows.

This. I see loads of accounts with almost no hard games but poof SMB done in 1 week. Not saying if you have 0 hard plats you can't plat SMB but it seems weird at times lol.

• Like 2

Haha This site is quite literally full of cheating ♥s, ruining trophy raritys. 

I also regularly recieve messages off of idiots, offering me money for trophies. My answer to them is always the same....”NO!!”

I have often considered starting a naming and shaming thread, but since Im such a nice guy ‘n all I usually let it slide.

• Like 3