When you feel like you have a problem, what do you do?

Crzy Minus

Like lately I've been feeling somewhat troubled for reasons and it's not like it can be fixed easily, sadly I don't think I could fix my own issues myself based on my perceptions. Since I see it as being harder when the issue its related to something about myself, in short it's personal stuff.

And this can also count to other type of problems, physically, emotionally, etc. When you feel like something is really bothering you (and by that mean Really bothering you), where do you get help from?

Of course I'm talking about problems you think you cannot fix yourself and don't know how to fix them.

Edit: Therapy doesn't do shit, I won't count that.

Edited by CrazyMv94

I'd say, try a different therapist. Someone I know saw three cognitive behavioral therapists before she found one who she could get on with.

I'd also say try getting some exercise if you don't already. It stimulates your brain to release those "feel good" chemicals and hormones which can affect your overall mood. 

And you may wish to consider seeing your doctor. I don't know what things are like in Canada, but here in the UK there are multiple services available for mental issues including depression. It won't necessarily mean having to go on meds. 

Also, getting some perspective can help - talk to those close to you about what you're going through. Be honest with them, and ask them what they think. They may have been through similar situations and have some advice for coping. Try to see yourself from that other person's point of view and think about the problem objectively.

Remember that whatever it is you're going through is likely only going to be a temporary state of affairs. 

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 4

Of course I'm talking about problems you think you cannot fix yourself and don't know how to fix them.

I don't get the thread? If you can't do shit, what the hell are you looking for?

Because if you can do something, even if it is collateral to your problem, you can actually do something and your statement is false.

Like grabbing a tree when an avalanche is happening, you aren't stopping the avalanche itself, but you are trying to reduce damage as much as possible, which seems to be the case of your question.

My only suggestion is to brace yourself about what is to come and pray.

I avoid them. There just may be some things on that to-do list that will go away if you wait long enough. Let’s say repairing a kid’s shirt is on your list. Wait long enough and the kid will outgrow the shirt. Problem solved. Or maybe you want to paint your house this summer. Wait long enough and it will be October, when it will be too cold or wet for the paint to dry. Problem gone!

• Like 2

Physically; Probably go to the doctor if it's bad enough.

Emotinally; I usually go and be alone for a while, I have a mental disability so it only makes me worst if someone confronts me when I'm either sad or pissed off. It's the kind of thing that wears off if you give me my alone time. As for my mental disability, nothing I can do about that, can't be cured, only thing there is, is drugs which I don't use as I'm drug free.

I don't do the help thing much and mostly keep my problems to myself let them just be. Apparently that isn't healthy so lucky there's alcohol.

If the problem is that bad then I usually talk to my brother or one of my very good mates. They always help me out. So try talking to friends or famiy if you can't there's always sweet non judgmental alcohol.

Edited by feral611
  • Like 1

Like lately I've been feeling somewhat troubled for reasons and it's not like it can be fixed easily, sadly I don't think I could fix my own issues myself based on my perceptions. Since I see it as being harder when the issue its related to something about myself, in short it's personal stuff.

And this can also count to other type of problems, physically, emotionally, etc. When you feel like something is really bothering you (and by that mean Really bothering you), where do you get help from?

Edit: Therapy doesn't do shit, I won't count that.

I am going to have to say that this is probably a terrible place to look for help, as from the posts are either harsh or downright asshole-ish.

I must agree with Stricken, and speaking from experience, you can't let things like these overwhelm you (and they will, no matter how much you think they wont).  The deeper you go down this path, the harder it is to get out.  There are plenty of professionals that you can seek out that are trained to help you with this sort of thing, and I highly recommend you do.  I let mine go too far, and I ended up losing a year and a half of my life, and got very close to ending it a few times, all because I thought I could do it alone.  I eventually got help, thanks to my friends who pushed me to, and now I am many times better than I was.  It never fully goes away, but you can develop tools to help manage it.

On a side note, Alcohol is a TERRIBLE solution, and I am not sure if it was suggested as a joke, or a serious suggestion, but do not go down that road.  That road makes everything worse, and makes it much more difficult to come back from.

Nobody is forcing you to do any of these suggestions, but remember, you reached out for help, not the other way around.  You cannot just wait around until someone says something you wanted to hear, because that renders all the help useless, and you should have just done that in the first place.  Therapy does work, you just need to try different people and different kinds.

• Like 3

Whenever I have a problem that bothers me that I don't know the solution yet, I just stay fk it and move on. I've learned to hate sitting around wondering what to do and letting something bother me when I should be moving forward. Life is full of uncertainty, that's just how it is. So it's best to at least get something done instead of nothing when this happens. Just try keep trying different things which leads to new experiences and eventually solve the problem.

Talk to someone who cares about you such as a friend, parent, aunt, uncle, etc and ask them what to do. Relying on us for guidance (people you hardly even know and have never met face to face) when we really don't understand your situation at all is not the best idea.

Maybe if this was a forum of psychologists, we could help you, but please talk to someone you're close with. My friend was abused in highschool and asked me for guidance. I got him the help he needed.

I'm sure others would do the same for you, whatever your issues are.

• Like 1

Talk to someone who cares about you such as a friend, parent, aunt, uncle, etc and ask them what to do. Relying on us for guidance (people you hardly even know and have never met face to face) when we really don't understand your situation at all is not the best idea.

This...

For physical problems, just go see a doctor. :dunno:

On a side note, Alcohol is a TERRIBLE solution, and I am not sure if it was suggested as a joke, or a serious suggestion, but do not go down that road.  That road makes everything worse, and makes it much more difficult to come back from.

Yes the suggestion of alcohol was a joke. Hence why I wrote the more serious suggestion of talking to someone that actually knows him and he feels comfortable talking to.

Edited by feral611

Yes the suggestion of alcohol was a joke. Hence why I wrote the more serious suggestion of talking to someone that actually knows him and he feels comfortable talking to.

Just wanted to clarify, that was all :-)

Edited by Sir_Bee

If I was asking for help the thread would be trashed all over which unnecessarily is already happening, I thought I'd be interesting to make a thread about how you yourself can fix your problems.

Even if I don't know how to fix my problem, I don't think it can even be fixed with my solitude..

And yes therapists are useless, I have experience from 3-4 different therapists.

Edited by CrazyMv94

Understand yourself and all your best qualities and flaws. See how you can use those to tackle the problems or ask someone level headed for advice.

Therapy only works if you're willing to let it work. Way too many people lie either to themselves or to the people helping them (including therapists) and hence they won't ever get accurate advice and can't solve the problem. There's no such thing as a problem with no solution.

• Like 2

And yes therapists are useless, I have experience from 3-4 different therapists.

Therapy only works if you're willing to let it work. 

This is a good point. Part of the reason my friend took so long to settle on a therapist was because she was so down that she was suspicious of them and pessimistic about the outcomes. Once she found a therapist who knew what to say to her to get her to actually do the exercises they were probably all recommending and trained to provide, it started to work. 

That depends on you, many people ask for advices and never pay attention to the people providing them, that means the person with the problem just want attention or think that just having people around will fix the problem.

If you're not open to therapy you should talk with people who really know you, otherwise you'll just get advices based on their own reality and that you cannot apply due your personality.

I'm a fan of taking long walks. If something's really stressing me out and there's nothing I can do to help it, I'll pop in my earphones and head out for an hour or so to lose myself a bit.

If something's really dire I have a habit of just sleeping it out until it goes away or something comes up though I don't really recommend that one.

On the subject of therapy, it's kind of a two way street. You gotta give to get and all that. It really helped me with some of my anxiety issues a few years back and, while I'm still not Miss-Uber-Party-Extreme, I'm a heck of a lot more sociable than I used to be. I guess it varies on problem to problem too.

Edited by RisingSenpai616

Try to figure it out on my own first, which usually doesn't solve anything or I forget about it until it comes up again. Then I talk to someone usually. I see a counselor myself and I feel like it (mostly) works, but there's a bit of a trust thing that needs to be established.