Rebel Galaxy Trophy List Discussion Thread!

FlareXV

Back from prison I see...

Trophies look like an intense grind, expecting it to be a long plat.

Lol, nah. British prisons are soft you see, I got a PC with a NVidia 970 and a PS4 in my cell.

I totally agree with what you said about the trophies.

Edited by FlareXV
  • Like 1

Silly question, but is this online and similar to EVE? I hope not, I hate spread sheets.

Its entirely singleplayer, havent played EVE so idk. Its essentially Assassins Creed 4's ship combat in space. You can only move horizontally just like a ship. Looks pretty fun, most trophies seem to come naturally on your way to the end game. Edited by Saltyie
  • Like 1

in terms of grind it truly is not bad.  in a typical battle you fight about 1-3 capital ships and 3-6 fighters.  torpedoes are fired all the time and there are plenty of side missions to do.

the main thing is not getting overwhelmed.  there are a lot of time it looks like an easy fight but boom more enemies show up and surround you.

• Like 1

I've sunk 10 hours into this game constantly doing side missions and my net worth is only half a million, so you can imagine how long reaching 50 million is going to take. If you're going to play this game, make sure you constantly sink your cash into upgrading your ship because if you don't then things get hard real fast. And keep a mercenary with you all the time because once you hire one they stick around until you dismiss them or they die. I jumped out of the first planetary system thinking I was the baddest mofo around until a random pirate in the next system almost mopped the floor with me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Got a platinum today. 20 Pirate lord trophy was most time consuming because of the completely random spawns. So I would advice to leave all the grind related trophies for when You will be searching/force spawning these pirate lords. Took me about 45 in game hours and my net worth at the end was about 90 mil

So got the platinum last night. I was trying to do the pirate lords without the docking / reloading if no pirate lords were spawning. it just takes far too long so i gave in (even tho this method still takes awhile) i actually got the pirate lords trophy before killing the 1000 ships and 2500 smaller ships. In-game time was about 65 hours but i think about 10 hours of that was me just sitting in a system waiting for events to change

Overall actually a good game but the pirate lord trophy spawn rate is a bit all over the place. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Soo...is this game good after all? I'm reading that it gets boring really quick and now I'm reading about those 20 pirates and it seems like a constant grind...

I thought that devs were already smart enought to avoid such stupid trophies but it seems not...

I had a lot of fun with it and didn't have to grind the Pirate lords at all, they just appeared. In fact I had to avoid them at the end since I had 20 already. The gameplay was so much fun that throughout the entire trophy list I was still enjoying myself. 

The most annoying trophy for me was getting the Pirate faction reputation to neutral because I waited for that till the very end where it obviously was as low as it gets. It's a small grind but my issue was that I kept getting the same missions where the people I had to defend always died and I ended up losing reputation again. In hindsight I would get them neutral in the very beginning to make it less of a grind.

Edited by DennisWilles

4 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Soo...is this game good after all? I'm reading that it gets boring really quick and now I'm reading about those 20 pirates and it seems like a constant grind...

I thought that devs were already smart enought to avoid such stupid trophies but it seems not...

I really enjoyed the game, it's nice to play, not too hard, a pretty simple platinum (although it does take some time), but if you like the simple mechanics of the space fights you won't mind the grind part. Personally I did not find the pirate lords so annoying as some describe it here.

But yes, there is some grinding required if you want the platinum.

Although it did not take as much time as a lot of other platinums require.

A nice different game. Story is very simple, but game play is really enjoyable, and loved all 50 hours of it. Trophy list is good, and if you are on the look out for the pirate lords, you will get them no problem. The money trophies are easy, as later in the game, as your ship and armaments become more powerful, you pick up load of extras, that can be sold. I finished the game with 90 million nett. Also with all ships and upgrades having the same buy/sell prices, you can find the right setup without any penalty to cash.

Wish No Man's Sky had cool space battle system like Rebel Galaxy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I already finished it and plat. Very good game, but I think the amount of fighters and capital ships to destroy was way too much. I even did Pirate Lord before that.

I hope they will release some sequel to this game with much wider universe and of course more ships and customizations. More different missions would also be cool as here we just fly to point A, destroy everything, done (or go back if death drop). It gets kinda boring after time.

But I got this game in Plus, so Im not complaining, very good game but with much space to improve :)

I was a bit disappointed, liked the character designs but the trading simulation was lacking, story was bland and missions had zero variety. Whatever you did you ended up in a fight sooner or later, or both sooner and later. You could see all the events and trade prices were pure RNG, never had the feeling you'd have an actual impact in the game universe.

Trophies were bland too, do this or that one thousand times. Having you shoot down umpteen missiles but flak that is purposed to shoot things down not counting was hilarious. Ended up chasing a Viridian dreadnaught for an hour while spamming Scatter Turrets "somewhere over there". The game has an auto-targeting system even on manual targeting, that pulls your crosshair to where you don't want it to be at every moment and you can't turn it off, which is infuriating.

Pretty stable game, crashed once or twice. I don't agree with people complaining it's unstable and corrupts saves. Caching is a whole different matter, objects in the game world might take seconds to actually load and be visible. The collision detection only activates once they do. You hyperdrive to a station and since the game has some sort of a pretend of mass motion you hope the station actually spawns in front of you before you crash on it. Once the game spawned a planet right on top of me upon exiting hyperdrive and I exploded watching camera glitching all over, losing an hour of gameplay. Thanks, buddy.

The weapons have little diversity. Since trophies dictate you have to mine and lo and behold, mining lasers have the best DPS in the game you just end up spamming mining lasers in every turret location and drinking coffee, while they auto-target and eat up anything that comes even close. The tactics you can use are either broadside barrage and if your shields on that side get depleted, turning to your other side and broadside more. Or what I did, ramming the behind of every bigger ship and drinking more coffee.

I wanted to make a missile boat and watch dozens of fireballs burn everything to a crisp, but since every battle after the beginner systems is a space opera with dozens of enemies, it's useless to try anything which actually.has ammunition because you'll just run out. There's a missile turret that has infinite ammo, quite a cool one actually! But it's also a random drop from a specific race, has some 0.1% chance to drop at highest quality, and you need a dozen of them, you'll sooner be a lotto millionaire before that happens. So mining lasers it is.

On the notion of space opera, the game spams enemies like no other because there is zero challenge in combat. I guess I made that pretty clear already. If you have lower grade weapons than your enemies you're in trouble, but if you have same grade weapons they just go poof in seconds. There's a rudimentary ship refitting system but no strategy involved, there's just one slot for every aspect from shields to hyperdrive, and you just keep spamming better and better stuff in the slot. Absolutely no choices to made like "if I equip massive speed I don't have power for all those lasers and must use some projectile cannons." Nothing of that sort. Just kill an enemy, tractor in the loot, see if it's higher tier and slot it in. Then do it again twenty thousand times..

You get three types of shields and zero tactical importance which one you'll equip, same for your sub-drive engines. Once I got myself a boxy cargo hauler I played through the whole game in it. Yes, a cargo hauler with three mining lasers per side will eat up the capital ship of an enemy race come to conquer the known universe, that's how hard this game is. It's only ultra rare because no one gives a jack about all the grind the trophies demand. That means they can't even be arsed to play the game for 40 hours.

On a scale of 1-10 I'll give it 5 for good effort. There's some fun to be had, but then repetition kicks in and the game has no dynamics whatsoever. You'll just do a single and the same thing over and over until you become braindead out of boredom or common sense kicks in, whichever happens sooner. Ship and character design isn't bad, the game shows promise. It just feels like this one left Steam's Early Access way too soon. Faster Than Light it isn't, X2: The Threat it isn't, Star Trek: Bridge Commander it isn't which are all pretty cool games this one tries to replicate, but is sorely left far behind it's much better predecessors.

Edited by ars
grammar

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/12/2018 at 10:03 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Did this game not have a trophy guide at some point? I could have sworn that there was a published PSNP guide on this in the past. 

Oh well, that's what I get for waiting to play something. Anyway, as far as trophies go, they look like they'll embiggen me?

It did have a trophy guide. I used it. Guess the author took it down for some reason. If you have questions, ask me. I will gladly help guide you to the Plat.

• Like 1