Macross_Mark-1

Worst Multiplayer ever?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Multiplayer ever?

• You read my mind! it sure is.
    • nope its great!
    • i'm the person with the shock and crossbow. ITS FANTASTIC

43 minutes ago, Lagoon Aris said:

I'm not entirely sure as I never played the Bioshock games. But my roommate, who absolutely loves them, told me that the plat of Bioshock 2 for PS3 isn't obtainable anymore because the servers got shut down. And since you need those MP trophies, well... Your best bet for 100% is to play Bioshock 2 on PS4 if you have it. There are no more MP trophies, so no risk of missing out on a plat/100%

41 minutes ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

As a person who did BioShock 2 multiplayer totally legit, I can say the trophies aren't that bad... but I also did it in 2011, when the server had some life in it. Personally, I suggest to skip the PS3 version and go straight to the PS4 port, the technical improvements in it are quite nice!

Yeah thanks for the quick replies guys, I really appreciate it.

With that advice, I am going to skip the PS3 version and play the PS4 version only for Part 2. But then I guess I won't be cool and get lots of pussy on PSNP then :(

LOL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Primeape
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2017 at 4:06 PM, Lagoon Aris said:

I'm not entirely sure as I never played the Bioshock games. But my roommate, who absolutely loves them, told me that the plat of Bioshock 2 for PS3 isn't obtainable anymore because the servers got shut down. And since you need those MP trophies, well... Your best bet for 100% is to play Bioshock 2 on PS4 if you have it. There are no more MP trophies, so no risk of missing out on a plat/100%

I got up to Lv20 with a boosting group last night so I can confirm that the servers are still up. I typically avoid a lot of mp games so I'm probably not really qualified to say where on the spectrum of crappy to awesome mp this game falls but I think the grind is worth it for the plats on this classic series.

• 6 months later...
14 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

I've heard from my trophy hunting discord that there are a few randoms who play the game 24/7, messing up boosting lobbies that still have room. Are they still active?

Until the severs get shut down at some point in the future, there will always be randoms and hackers interfering with your boosting session so make sure you have enough people to lock out a lobby and keep those pests out.

As for the OP's question, It's not quite the worst MP ever but it's in my top 5.

• 4 months later...

Nah, I played it back in 2010 when it came out and honestly enjoyed the majority of my time levelling up to 40. I don't really remember much about any particular loadout being borked too badly or overly unbalanced, but maybe I just don't remember it that well. Might also have been less obvious with constantly full lobbies and different people for each match. Never bothered getting the DLC, don't really intend to now either, I do recall the DLC maps rarely ever existing in the rotation from discussions back then, however.

• 3 months later...

This was easily my favorite mp ever! Original weapons, characters, powers and maps. So much better than the generic copy-paste cod maps...

Did all the trophies legit and they are absolutely doable if you put in the time. I was really disappointed that they didnt port it to ps4, would've liked to do it all over!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, colia100 said:

This was easily my favorite mp ever! Original weapons, characters, powers and maps. So much better than the generic copy-paste cod maps...

Did all the trophies legit and they are absolutely doable if you put in the time. I was really disappointed that they didnt port it to ps4, would've liked to do it all over!

This! ♥ 

I was so gutted that it wasn't there on the remaster. I still play it on the PS3 I don't see how I'll ever get bored of it either. There are so many immense plasmid and weapon combos you can do for some top kills :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2017 at 4:06 PM, Lagoon Aris said:

I can say that as of right now (July 20, 2019), the servers are and always have been up and running on PS3, as that's what I'm finishing my multiplayer grind on.  In fact, there are still enough people playing on PS3 that trying to boost can occasionally become frustrating because of max-level randoms that like to troll boosters.  There's also a small but dedicated player base that plays legitimate games from time to time.  Not very many, but enough.  The servers aren't completely dead yet. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've never understood the hate for the MP of this game.  It was my first plat back in 2010 and it will always be special to me. ?

As with any game that has had a MP up for as long as this, the "community" of players would be pretty niche and now new players or low level players would be the fodder i guess.  I know i wouldn't want to be just starting out now.

I never did complete the Metro DLC, i wouldn't mind making a comeback to the game to get through it but what i am reading here scares me.

I don't "hate" it, per se. Bioshock 2 has just fallen victim to the same old trope where given its age, max level players grief low level people just trying to get through the trophies. What doesn't help is the continuous stacking of rebirthed level 50s all on one team where I, and the rest of the people under level 25, get murdered.

The multiplayer is fine, just not fun as it is now.

Edited by thistleboy
Spelling

Changing my vote to worst ever. I don't know if there are aimbots or damage hacks out there, but I spend 15 minutes getting one-shotted and there's no way I can get a kill in less than three shots. My increased damage elephant gun took three headshots to kill my idling alt account, three grenades, seven machine gun rounds, etc.

My plasmids are useless and NEVER stun people. If I manage to shock or freeze someone they one shot me before I have time to even pull the trigger. If I get shocked I'm stunned for at least three seconds and immediately killed.

This MP is straight ass. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2020 at 7:08 AM, thistleboy said:

Changing my vote to worst ever. I don't know if there are aimbots or damage hacks out there, but I spend 15 minutes getting one-shotted and there's no way I can get a kill in less than three shots. My increased damage elephant gun took three headshots to kill my idling alt account, three grenades, seven machine gun rounds, etc.

My plasmids are useless and NEVER stun people. If I manage to shock or freeze someone they one shot me before I have time to even pull the trigger. If I get shocked I'm stunned for at least three seconds and immediately killed.

This MP is straight ass. 

Hey, I remember you from the Bioshock 2 multiplayer!

Actually you're not totally wrong, this mp could be really frustrating but after 10 levels it gets easier. The problem is that there are too many players at level 40 or 50, so you have to be very persistent.

I'm at level 16 and I'm enjoying these online matches. Once you get used to them, it's somehow comforting to always read the same nicknames of the players who still play 24/7 ?

Including me! Just stick with them and try to kill as many people as you can, don't worry if it's too hard at first. Be stubborn.

Edited by Raine_Ai

4 hours ago, Raine_Ai said:

Hey, I remember you from the Bioshock 2 multiplayer!

Actually you're not totally wrong, this mp could be really frustrating but after 10 levels it gets easier. The problem is that there are too many players at level 40 or 50, so you have to be very persistent.

I'm at level 16 and I'm enjoying these online matches. Once you get used to them, it's somehow comforting to always read the same nicknames of the players who still plays 24/7 1f605.png

Including me! Just stick with them and try to kill as many people as you can, don't worry if it's too hard at first. Be stubborn.

Oh, I finished it as fast as I could and moved on. Didn't enjoy it at all. I played Bioshock Infinite immediately after and believe the title was alluding to the fact that Infinite is infinitely better than Bioshock 2.

Hope you're done with this soon. No one should have to suffer multiplayer this bad.

• 4 months later...

I still recall the multiplayer being pretty fun, honestly. That may change, as I just bought the Ultimate Rapture edition and I never got the Rapture Metro pack before, so it'll be interesting to see if going back in now will change my opinion of it. I assume the progress is server-side so hopefully I'm still level 40 and have full access to everything.

• 1 year later...

This is one the worst multiplayers i have ever played, this whole super power thing surely is fun in the singleplayer but online meh.

Tryhards jumping around like fortnite spamming this powers make u immobile etc

Plus the gun handling is absolute garbage.

If wanted to play normal i dont find any players once we boost randoms join, mind u people who only have 1-2 games on their profile,keeping their ps3 on all day just to find a group of boosters to bother