Rumor: LEGO Star Wars: Episode VII

Amazon Italy leaked the existence of LEGO Star Wars Episode VII. A leaked PR e-mail from WB suggested a new game involving two of the world's most popular entertainment brands on February 2. On top of Episode VII, the game is reported to have exclusive content to help bridge Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/02/lego-star-wars-episode-7-rumored

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Disney wants to make as much money as they can with the Star Wars licensing!

Well of course they do. At least they're not like Microsoft who will buy the rights and choose not to make money with them.

(RIP Banjo, Perfect Dark, Hydro Thunder etc.)

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I would rather they wait until the end of Episode 9 so they can make another Lego game trilogy. Lego Jurassic World included all 4 of their movies and Lego Avengers did it with 2. Not sure how I feel about them doing it with just one.

• Like 2

I heard about this earlier today, apparently it's confirmed now from the looks of previous posts.

I was hoping for either

A: A re-release of The Complete Saga with Ep 7 content for PS4/Xbone.

B: A re-release of The Complete Saga for PS4/Xbone.

C: Literally anything but a whole Lego game devoted to one movie. If I wanted to play a Lego version of A New Hope, I'd bust out my PS2 disc of The Original Trilogy.

Jokes about Force Awakens being a retread of A New Hope aside, this game is probably going to be 5 minutes long, or stretched paper thin if the whole thing is based off of one 2 hour movie. That being said, it can't really disappoint me anymore than Clone Wars Lego did, I'm down for this ... Know the only thing I hope it has?

NO VOICE ACTING PLEASE!!!! I love the old school Lego Star Wars games and their silent approach to retelling the story. I haven't watched the trailer yet, so if they talk then forgive my ignorance, but I really hope they don't.

• Like 1

Unsurprisingly I will be buying this day one if/when it comes out on ps4, it's not very widely know but I actually do play LEGO games occasionally :P

Really :o I never noticed :P 

OT: this seems like yet another fun LEGO game to play so I may have to pick this up at some point :)

• Like 1

Jokes about Force Awakens being a retread of A New Hope aside, this game is probably going to be 5 minutes long, or stretched paper thin if the whole thing is based off of one 2 hour movie. That being said, it can't really disappoint me anymore than Clone Wars Lego did, I'm down for this ... Know the only thing I hope it has?

NO VOICE ACTING PLEASE!!!! I love the old school Lego Star Wars games and their silent approach to retelling the story. I haven't watched the trailer yet, so if they talk then forgive my ignorance, but I really hope they don't.

First line is pretty much my fear. I was disappointed when Hobbit DLC failed to take shape and they left the trilogy incomplete (avoided purchasing because of it), and Episode 7 will definitely be paper thin for being based on a single movie, though they'll probably squeeze in some orig trilogy stuff to fill the gaps, even though they've done full games based on them.

Also you're the first person that I've come across that agrees with the voice acting. While I haven't played all the previous LEGO Star Wars games (however I do own them), I have played the Harry Potter games, the first Batman game and Pirates of the Caribbean, and I love the humour that comes from lack of voice acting, the communication through other means had incredible charm. LOTR, the first voice acted one I believe, is probably my least favourite, and the only LEGO game I've truly loved since voice acting came in was LEGO movie. They've only been so so otherwise, in my opinion.

I'm probably gonna wait for a complete trilogy edition if they do one, once all 3 movies are out (and of course, made into games).

Edited by LukaLaurent
  • Like 1

I thought I was the only one that enjoyed the silent Lego games far more than the voiced ones. Trying to convey a story with no help from any dialogue made the games really humorous and gave them a special charm.

• Like 1

I thought I was the only one that enjoyed the silent Lego games far more than the voiced ones. Trying to convey a story with no help from any dialogue made the games really humorous and gave them a special charm.

Not to mention that they're just getting fucking lazy with it. They literally just rip out sound clips from the movies of said franchises and don't even bother to try and negate the background noise that was happening in the movie.

Lego Batman 2, the first Lego game with voice acting, was probably the only one where it was good.

It's no surprise, they've already got the franchise rights for the Star Wars Lego games, a proven sales record and are getting pretty hot on pushing out tie ins with the big IPs they have (Marvel, DC etc)

It must only be some sort of license conflict that stops Marvel lego appearing in the Dimensions games (that or some soft of agreement with DC)

It's no surprise, they've already got the franchise rights for the Star Wars Lego games, a proven sales record and are getting pretty hot on pushing out tie ins with the big IPs they have (Marvel, DC etc)

It must only be some sort of license conflict that stops Marvel lego appearing in the Dimensions games (that or some soft of agreement with DC)

They already have their own toys to life game with disney infinity so I guess thats why neither marvel or star wars appear in dimensions