Telltale's Game Engine Is Getting An Upgrade

Parker

This is fantastic news. I have enjoyed the Telltale games that I've played but there is really no excuse for them to run as poorly as they do, especially on the PlayStation 4. This makes me look forward to their Batman series even more. 

Parker

I knew it would be worth it. Batman is a very huge IP and I couldn't imagine TT not doing anything but big with it. 

Glad to hear.

I know it's a long shot, especially given the very "comic book-esque" artistic style they deploy for most, if not all, of their properties... but how great would it be to get a Walking Dead Season Three with Quantic Dream level of production quality.  I'm sure that'd require more than a modified version of their current engine, but a boy can dream.

If nothing else, hopefully their games from here on in run better, at the very least.

Edited by Dreakon13

The newer games ( Borderlands and Game of Thrones ) ran terribly on PS3, so many problems. The two games I  played on PS4 played much better but it's good to see that they're improving the engine. 

I was amazed at just how poorly TWD Season 1 ran on the PS3.  Maybe the digital copy was better, but my physical copy was almost impossible to play with.  It took so long to read from the disc that scenes were over before they even finished loading.  Given how easy these games are, the fact it was actually difficult to finish was a really bad sign.

If there was ever a game that desperately needed a "install to HDD from disc" option.

Edited by Dreakon13

Took them long enough, their games have been running and looking like arse for quite a while now.

And can they please get on with The Walking Dead S3? After that incredible ending I really want to see what happens next with Clem.

I think you're going to have to wait on that one. Before "Michonne" ends, nothing else will be released.by them. My guess is,Autumn this year, so they can alternate between Batman and WD season 3. Just like they did with Tales and GoT.

• 4 months later...

you guys who's saying Tt games run poorly on ps3, I was just wondering.... is it the physical version you are taking about?

because all the Tt games I played was the digital version and had no problem with them at all, except sam and max: the devil playhouse the penal zone, that game was the actual poorly optimized Telltale game on ps3. it run below 30FPS, lag everywhere, control may get some delays, but still never crushed my ps3 or even frozen.

you guys who's saying Tt games run poorly on ps3, I was just wondering.... is it the physical version you are taking about?

because all the Tt games I played was the digital version and had no problem with them at all, except sam and max: the devil playhouse the penal zone, that game was the actual poorly optimized Telltale game on ps3. it run below 30FPS, lag everywhere, control may get some delays, but still never crushed my ps3 or even frozen.

I haven't own a physical game by Telltale buttheir digital games are so horrible to play that my opinion of Telltale made me changed so much of how my save file got corrupted for Michonie, and how god awful Gane Of Thrones was including the final episode of Tales From The Borderlands. Don't even believe jack if they will fix their engine on ps3 where I won't pay attention to this game until they ever fix it.

To answer your question, I bet it has the same problem as well if you own a retail copy of their own games

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

I haven't own a physical game by Telltale buttheir digital games are so horrible to play that my opinion of Telltale made me changed so much of how my save file got corrupted for Michonie, and how god awful Gane Of Thrones was including the final episode of Tales From The Borderlands. Don't even believe jack if they will fix their engine on ps3 where I won't pay attention to this game until they ever fix it.

To answer your question, I bet it has the same problem as well if you own a retail copy of their own games

as far as I know Michonie and especially Game of Thrones is Telltale's most buggiest games ever created, even PC users are complaining about the performance of Game of Thrones which had sounds get cut at some places, game crashes a countless of times, framerate are still gets a nose dive here and there.

in Tales from Borderlands most people complain about episode 5 and I can see why, there's a lot's of loading screen on that episode, not sure about the current gen and PC version but when I was playing it on ps3 the ps3 version got some lagging here and there due to the auto save, especially in the final fight which hade a lot's of checkpoints as if that episode been cut into a tiny parts and each part had its own loading screen and checkpoint and the loading for some reason unknown could be so long! I believe the game only frozed on me once while I was finishing it exactly on that final fight, but when I rebooted it it never froze again.