Death By Disco

DarkMegamanSX900

I think this trophy is a little buggy - some people report getting it halfway through New Game+ and some people can only get it when they kill the last boss. I got it on my second challenge playthrough after I killed Doctor Nefarious, even though I got him on my first challenge run. So for me, it definitely had to be done in one go.

• Like 1

One "enemy" that may not be obvious are the fish-sharks in water on Rilgar (or Kalebo), and the slime (that doesn't harm you ever) on Veldin.

I'm going on my fourth playthrough, hopefully I can trigger it this time. Otherwise, I think I'll go insane.

EDIT: Yeah, following all the enemies on PowerPyx's video guide, with the addition of the purple birds on Pokitaru made the trophy pop. Good luck everyone!

Edited by ghostehkins

So far I missed a few enemies on the first play through. Completely anniliated Nefarious with the RYNO and forgot to use disco weapon. Hopefully I can get this trophy in Challenge Mode because it's extremely easy to miss.

Apparently, If you do not use the Groovibomb on ALL types of enemies before you start challenge mode, the trophy will not pop on that play-through. I can verify this because I did not use the groovibomb on the Helicopter Blarg on my first run, and going back in challenge mode and using the groovibomb on them did not unlock the trophy, and to make matters worse for me I ignored everything else on my challenge mode play-through except for the blarg helicopter, meaning I only used the Groovibomb on one enemy for that run. No trophy after beating the game. I had to re-do challenge mode, being careful to use it on everything before killing it, THEN it popped as soon as I hit Nefarious with it.

tldr; Use the groovibomb on everything before killing it in one run. Once you start challenge mode it resets your death by disco progress. 

Apparently, If you do not use the Groovibomb on ALL types of enemies before you start challenge mode, the trophy will not pop on that play-through. I can verify this because I did not use the groovibomb on the Helicopter Blarg on my first run, and going back in challenge mode and using the groovibomb on them did not unlock the trophy, and to make matters worse for me I ignored everything else on my challenge mode play-through except for the blarg helicopter, meaning I only used the Groovibomb on one enemy for that run. No trophy after beating the game. I had to re-do challenge mode, being careful to use it on everything before killing it, THEN it popped as soon as I hit Nefarious with it.

tldr; Use the groovibomb on everything before killing it in one run. Once you start challenge mode it resets your death by disco progress.

I'm not discrediting what happened in your case but for me that wasn't true at all. I used the Groovitron on everything after I bought it halfway through playthrough 1, obviously missing enemies that came before, then a few planets into my challenge mode playthrough the trophy popped. So my progress definitely didn't reset upon starting challenge mode.

• Like 2

I'm not discrediting what happened in your case but for me that wasn't true at all. I used the Groovitron on everything after I bought it halfway through playthrough 1, obviously missing enemies that came before, then a few planets into my challenge mode playthrough the trophy popped. So my progress definitely didn't reset upon starting challenge mode.

I'll second this. Mine popped on the first or second planet of run 2 

I'm having trouble with this as well.

Anyone knows if at the end of ng+ I can start a new ng++ or I need to start from scratch?

Not 100% sure. I did a 3rd playthrough challenge mode instead of grinding all weapons in one spot. It carried over my weapon xp progress again so I presume it would for this too.

Edited by VitalFury

Something strange happened to me, It was like some enemies had some kind of "resistance to dance", e. g. Dr. Nefarius did not dance in my first playthrough even if I shoot him several times. I think that maybe the raritaniums upgrades are needed to some monsters.

The animation of the dance must happen, check that out!

PS: The trophy popped for my just in my second playthrough versus Dr. Nefarius :)  

• 4 weeks later...

Followed the PowerPyx guide (and also got a few others that the guide missed - Fish in the stream on Novalis and Purple Pterodactyl things on Pokitaru) and got the trophy eventually on my second Challenge mode playthrough.

I was one of those that got it after dropping a Groove on Dr. Nefarious at endgame, even though I'd definitely used it on him in Story mode and Challenge playthrough #1 when I leveled all my weapons up to the max. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

For my run at this trophy, my last one for platinum, I focused entirely on upgrading the Groovibomb over everything else, always made sure I was stocked up, and landed one into each and every arena where enemies were. The trophy popped for me at the Dr Nefarious boss fight though. I was expecting to have to go back to get those weird plant things on the train at the beginning of the game but happily, I didn't. Whether this is a glitch or not, I'm not really sure, however I'll take the platinum for sure. :)

• 7 months later...

I don’t know if people knew but since the game is going free in March, I’m sure more people will come in here.

for this trophy simply use it on all enemies that you see, multiple time. That’s how I leveled it up and it’s really useful. Don’t forget to do it on the bosses since they count, 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the Disco counter resetting or not has to do with the difficulty you start Challenge Mode on? Like, if you completed the game first time around on Normal and started Challenge Mode on Casual, the counter would go to 0. Or it may even have different counters for all the difficulties. That could explain why some people only get it at the final battle with Nefarious (Challenge Mode) even though they made him dance in the first encounter (provided, of course, they completed regular and challenge mode on different difficulties).

Then again, this is just a conjecture. ☺️ I'm going through Challenge Mode now, spamming the groovibomb to every group of enemies I see. Wish me lucc

I found this trophy quite fun, once I had completed challenge mode I had to play through again to upgrade all my weapons. Before every encounter I would throw one down not only did it make it easier but I managed to get my trophy on the first attempt :)

The ones that almost caught me out were those green slime things at the start of the game and the killer fish on the sewer level on Rilgar, you need to kill them when they're in the water and when you suck up the water as well.

On 3/11/2018 at 0:55 AM, KenjiCBZ said:

Before you ask, I confirm you that the enemy progresses DO carry over.

On my third run, I hit all enemies except for one, and once I hit said enemy on my fourth run, the trophy pop. And so did the plat :)

Yup, I got it very early in my challenge playthrough.

On 3/16/2018 at 11:44 AM, Rui_One_544 said:

Maybe the Disco counter resetting or not has to do with the difficulty you start Challenge Mode on?

I can with certainty say that this is not the case. I got it on Aridia in my challenge mode run. I think I popped it because of some special fire throwing enemy that held the dogs off, thought for sure I had done that in my first playthrough, apparently not. Anyway, it does carry over from normal to challenge mode.

Edited by MMDE

On 16/03/2018 at 10:44 AM, Rui_One_544 said:

Maybe the Disco counter resetting or not has to do with the difficulty you start Challenge Mode on?

9 hours ago, MMDE said:

I can with certainty say that this is not the case. I got it on Aridia in my challenge mode run. I think I popped it because of some special fire throwing enemy that held the dogs off, thought for sure I had done that in my first playthrough, apparently not. Anyway, it does carry over from normal to challenge mode.

You're right. My conjecture was wrong ? turns out I got it after making those fish with sharp teeth dance, early-ish on my Casual challenge playthrough (on Rilgar, iirc). Since I completed the game on Normal the first time, my theory goes nullified. Oh well

• Like 1

Am I the only one that got this on the first playthrough? I’m confused since I don’t remember having the groovitron when I was on the train with the tentacle monster.  I was keeping a list of which enemies I’d used it on and was expecting to have to redo that part on challenge mode. Mine popped as soon as I used it on the last boss. 

Edit: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ratchet-and-clank/292889-death-disco-obtainable-first-playthrough-due-patch-1-04-what.html

so apparently the tentacle monster isn’t required. I was pretty meticulous with going back to each planet and that’s the only one I can’t remember using it on.

Edited by Charizarzar