If Sony allowed you to change your username, would you do it?

Aalicia

I wouldn't change my username. It's pretty cool I got the username I wanted, especially seeing as it's only 4 characters! :)

Because of a Japanese "weirdo" I couldn't use my official gaming nickname and now I'm having to use this forever :'(

* I have nothing against Japanese weirdos but I mean look at their games.. They are WTF.

Uncharted, LBP, R&C:ACIT, Heavy Rain, SFIV, LBP2, FFXIII, Uncharted:GA, WipEout 2048, Burnout Paradise, LEGO Indy 2, Sports Champion, Katamari Forever (<3 <3 <3), GTAV, FIFA15, Destiny...

What's wrong???

Probably put this up on here before, probably more than once...either way, I don't remember. Anywho, I've embraced my stupid PSN name fully at this point.

Plus it's fun that there's some other asshole out there who calls himself stoogebag on the internet. Although he uses the name on Twitter, Facebook, and everything, like he actually thinks it's a good name. Spoilers! It's not. It's a shit name. If you can live with the fact you made a stupid name on your PSP in 2009 because you never thought the name would be public on anything, and roll with the joke, that's fine. If you can be proud of the fact you're a grown ass man who calls himself "stoogebag" on every online service he can find, you're an odd one.

stooge.jpg

I just did. I created this account January 3rd for two reasons:

I) I wanted a new PSN ID.

II) I wanted an excuse to play many of my games over again.

At first I wanted to create a new account only because of reason 1, but figured that it would not be justification enough. I did have 2000 trophies after all. However, after thinking it over for a few days, I realized that I would actually like to play many of them over again. So I decided to create a new account, and this time I wanted to do it right; instead of taking the first and best name I could think of, I tried to think it through. Spend a few days, waiting for the perfect name to magically appear. ... it did not happen. So I tried out a few names to see whether they were available or not, and just tried out a bunch of names related to my real name, to a nickname etc, and ended up with this. The first day or two I regretted it, really thought about just leaving it behind and continuing on my main account, but I stayed with it and now I love both the name and the fact that I've got a new user.

I hate whatever sony did to my name. It wasnt all caps. Because i hated all caps but i dont remember when it happened but they changed my bame to all caps. I could haf been a glitched in their system i dont ;#=;_(=$@# know. But they said they cant do anything. Sony could had made money off of me and probably the other millions of people but they havent yet. Stupid. The " real name" request is all we got i guess. No one reallly use their real name anyways. We should just be able to allow everyone to see that name instead with an option. Damn sony and their half ass features. Are they really afraid to use up all the good ideas so Ps5 wont get much new???

• 3 months later...

I definitely would, and if I was able to fix my Location that'd be so great as well. 

According to what I know, Microsoft lets you change once and then pay for it (aye?), which is cool if you're not the usual xX_D34TH-4NG3L_Xx that's changing every x time. 

sobbing silently

Nope, I have no need to change my name.  I like what I picked :).  That being said, I can understand why some people would like to change their names, same reason people don't tend to keep the first email address they make (I know I didn't).

• Like 1

I definitely would, even if I had to pay a small amount to do so. I created my PSN account ten years ago next year so it's about time for a change! I even know what I'd change it to... not telling though in case someone steals it :P