Anyone else dislike summer?

u2mad_Bro

• 11 months later...

well, me! I always hated the summer becouse i always felt really unconfortable with warm temperatures.

i love winter and low temperatures...it can be -3 and my clothes choices are always just a t-shirt and a jacket.

im a really hairy guy so that doesnt help either

• Like 1

I love summer. The weather is much more fun than in the winter, and I love going on a big summer holiday. Also, during the high season, thanks to all those weird people who wanted to have kids being off I can finally drive to and from work on normal times without being stuck in a traffic jam.

Finnish summers are so short that you are kind of "required" to enjoy them. It doesn't really get that warm (+20 Celsius, give or take) although we might get heat waves sometimes but they're not common. 

Personally, I love summer and the best thing about it is the amount of light. The midnight sun amazes me every single year although you'd think I would have gotten used to it by now.

• Like 1

Every time the grass starts to show as snow melts, I groan. The sun is too bright, the temperature is too high, and the bugs come out. It's either too hot to do anything or there's too many biting flies. At least when it's cold, you can keep bundling up. Plus, all those kids on their bikes and scooters who don't know how to clear off the road. The ear-piercing sound of dirt bikes as they pass the house on their way to the trails.

I love summer :)  I have some issues with vitamin D deficiency which can cause a lot of bodily aches and pains, and dramatic shifts in mood.  Summer is great and alleviates those feelings immensely. 

I love summer nights too, being able to sit outside and enjoy a nice cool drink, listening to crickets and cicadas.  

I mean, I like the extra day I have to play games or go outside in an attempt to interact with people but I hate the heat. Especially when I'm working, I work in a bakery so the last thing I need is an oven blasting out 200 degrees at me when I open the door. That's usually the time I go into the walk in freezer without the protective jacket and sit on a box of bread while I cool down. 

On 6/16/2016 at 11:51 AM, u2mad_Bro said:

Hi everyone,

haha before someone says "you could make this a status", the reason I am posting it here is because everyone can see and who the heck even bothers to check my statuses xP. I guess the reason I dislike summer is because a) don't really have a family, just two parents being bad at parents; B) everyone is ofc busier; and c) having to go to university soon, no one seems to want to hire me for part time...which means that if i really wanted to work, i would have to be a porter Dx. I cannot get work that is why i have been volunteering and it is okay i suppose haha keeps my references fresh on the c.v. i suppose x3. 

idk i guess the past really is something i cannot get away from x3 that is why i am here to meet people, chat and just have genuine fun without being fake or ultra p.c. xD I have games to complete, books and journals to read, yet I dislike my summers. I guess if my parents did not move so much i would be able to make life long friends x3, am 21 btw and will be trying to get my master's a second time. 

I don't particularly look forward to university, but it is something i need to do to show that i am worthy of being hired as an assistant psychologist or anything related to it. Funny enough maybe that is why i always end up feeling low and lonely, because i just see university as a means to an end; trying to rush through everything just so that i can get a good degree. 

I mean sure, i could be like the rest of my peers, either go into the workforce for several years then go to university, but even then those people have had help from family or have connections. 

Anyway haha, summers for me are like this long dreaded abyss that i have to go through. that or i have to be like a monk and wait it out x3. 

Best wishes,

u2mad_Bro

p.s. am almost constantly looking for part time and volunteering, so it's not like i sit on my ass all day xP =D

You're young, you have plenty of time to consider getting a masters. It's definitely an investment that will greatly help you out over the long term.

I'm still in the process of deciding what major to get into.

• Like 1