Dishonored II: Pre-ordering or waiting?

NavFromTheNorth

Dishonored II: Pre-order or Wait?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Dishonored II: Pre-order or Wait?

• I'm pre-ordering the game. I don't care about reviews.
    • I'm waiting for reviews before buying.
    • Neither. I'm just waiting for the game to launch before buying.

Hey folks,

I'm sure that we're all well aware of Bethesda's new policy regarding sending out review copies of their games (or lack thereof) ahead of release. So with the company's next high-profile game -- Dishonored II -- on the way, I was wondering how those who are planning on purchasing the game are going about making their purchase. 

I'm a big fan of the first game and I will almost certainly be purchasing the sequel. However, like with most games, I don't plan on pre-ordering it. I'm going to wait for it to launch, not necessarily for reviews, rather simply because I don't believe in giving a company money before they've provided me with an actual product. 

Hey folks,

I'm sure that we're all well aware of Bethesda's new policy regarding sending out review copies of their games (or lack thereof) ahead of release. So with the company's next high-profile game -- Dishonored II -- on the way, I was wondering how those who are planning on purchasing the game are going about making their purchase. 

I'm a big fan of the first game and I will almost certainly be purchasing the sequel. However, like with most games, I don't plan on pre-ordering it. I'm going to wait for it to launch, not necessarily for reviews, rather simply because I don't believe in giving a company money before they've provided me with an actual product. 

I'd say wait. The only times I preorder is if the series has been pretty great so far (Uncharted, Ultimate Ninja), or I want the bonus maps (CoD Zombies), but you only have one Dishonored to base your opinions on. As for me, i'll be playing through the first game to decide, so I'll say check reviews.

Edited by ArmoredSquirreXD

In case nobody knows if you pre-order Dishonored 2 in the PSN store then you get Dishonored Definitive Edition for free.

I might just to get the first one free.

That is a great deal. Though I did purchase D:DefEdition for 12$ back in aug and i dare say a lot of retail stores will have it for 9.99 this holiday season, especially on black friday or cyber monday week.

I really enjoyed the game on ps3 and ps4 so D2 is on my to-buy list but i think since having so much to play this holiday season. Id have to wait for a price drop to at least 40$. Hopefully in 3-5months after release.

I have to be one of the very few not impressed by what ive seen so far. I feel like a lot of people are being wowed by flashy graphics and not looking deeper into whats being projected on your retinas. I think a lot of these 8th gen game releases are going to suffer NMS-alitilis.

Hopefully for everybody's sake, I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I'mma just waste a post and some time on a sentence that no one is gonna actually do, cos why would you wanna save money and prevent being annoyed on day 2 when you finally have the day one patch downloaded.

Never pre order unless its the physical collector's edition.

The first game was pretty good, but that doesn't mean I just gonna blindly purchase this one before I know how good it is. From what we've seen so far, it doesn't even look that impressive. I remember watching that presentation at Bethesda's E3 conference and I was almost falling asleep. :P

So yeah, I'll probably buy this a few years down the line when it's dirt cheap. I would of considered getting this around launch, but since Bethesda is being anti-consumer, they can kiss my money goodbye. :)

Edited by Undead Wolf

Pre order! 

I have done it.

Dishonored 1 on PS3 was great! 

Loved it! best new IP for many years! 

Pre Order the LE edition so you get the base game with all DLC for free!!! 

In my country (Netherlands) there is a retailer that sells the LE version cheaper or just 2 euro expensive then the normal game (with outy the free dlc)... 

I cant's wait! 10 day's till release! (if you pre-order the game!)

Wait . . .Bethesda games always have glitches that need to be patched. That collector's edition does look nice but I would wager it will still be available and less expensive after the holidays

True about glitches! 

But don't have all games have glitches? (some are helpfull for trophies  :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:)  

Even after patch number 4 a game can have glitches! 

But Arkane Studio's is making this game NOT Bethesda.... Bethesda is just the publisher! 

Take Star Wars Battlefront! it's 1 year old but I have still some strange glitches... 

I 99% of the time don't preorder but there are certain ones I do. Rise of the Tomb Raider and Skyrim is an example but Dishonored 2 I'm going to wait. Especially now with the new review copies policy I won't be preordering any games. My advice is don't ever preorder unless you 100% know it's good.

Edited by DF007gamer

I 99% of the time don't preorder but there are certain ones I do. Rise of the Tomb Raider and Skyrim is an example but Dishonored 2 I'm going to wait. Especially now with the new review copies policy I won't be preordering any games. My advice is don't ever preorder unless you 100% know it's good.

"Think you'll get your own squad after what happened last night?"

I've already pre-ordered the game. Don't care much for reviews or anything else.

"Shall we gather for Whiskey and Cigars tonight?"

xD I think yall know my answer

• Like 1