New Site Update Bugs & Feedback

BlindMango

4 hours ago, BlindMango said:

That bug where the site strips black color from images is still around for avatar images on the new trophy cards. Like Han's trophy card here.

That's gotta be the weirdest bug I've ever seen :blink: I don't know how trophy lists are added to websites (probably by capturing from Sony somehow) and I've never seen such a bug attacking pictures before, didn't know it was possible. Yesterday I saw it was fixed for some trophy lists images like Torment Tides of Numeneria, Shantae,... and other lists released on the site after that. But the bug is still present on images for Flying Bunny, Arcade Archives Samurai showdown, Touhou shinpiroku, Motor Strike (Thumbnails) and every trophy of Trove. If the bug was fixed on all lists after these games maybe you just forgot them so it will be easily fixed too.

Thanks and keep up the good work ;) 

• Like 1

What I have noticed and don't see in the OP yet:

10 hours ago, BlindMango said:
  • While creating/editing a post we don't have the ability to convert it to text to see how it is composed (text, tags, links and whatnot)
  • While creating/editing a post it isn't possible anymore to select everything with CTRL+A to save it to a txt (not that it would help, because of point 1). This is a big problem because it made easier to work with big posts like Project Platinums and Check Lists.

Do you mean the option to see BBCode with this? I'm guessing you do but otherwise, I'd like to be able to see the code again.

The signature space has gotten a few pixels smaller - see my (current, as of this writing) signature, the text underneath the image has been cut off while I initially created the image so that the text would still be visible. I would like it if those ten or so pixels could be added back to signature height, or if the reason behind the missing height could be explained.

Votes in forum posts:
In the old version of the forum it was possible to change your vote. E.g. you could delete your vote and choose another option afterwards. Now it's not possible any longer. Is there a possibility to add this feature again?
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/43623-giveaway-shantae-half-genie-hero-download-code-eu-version-vita-ps4/?do=findComment&comment=1191994

It's a really frustrating process but I was thinking about editing my trophy checklist since it was decimated in the update. Problem is I can't edit it at all. I can't seem to put the cursor in the box to edit anything. There is a skinny box at the top of where I'm supposed to start editing and it's the only area the mouse will click in to. It might not even be a bug it might just be me being not doing something right. :dunno: 

EDIT: Also, how do you delete something from "My attachments" ?

checklist.png

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

Not all of my games are showing on my profile. I cannot see anything similar on the list. Seems to only include games I have got a trophy in 2016

Edit: If I change to alphabetical it only goes as far as M and won't show Watch Dogs which I played last night.

Edited by SDB--1982

This is sort of an extension of the 'please fix for our OCD' post. The way completed games are shown has a strange spacing. Some take up 4 lines because the completed time displays too much text or something.

Compare my Galaga plat (3 lines) with Code:realize https://psnprofiles.com/BeautifulTorment . Its a subtle difference but it makes the list look all messed up with strange spacing.

17 hours ago, BlindMango said:

The Forums:

• Double spacing when pressing Enter We can't fix this, use Shift + Enter and it will make a single space ;)
  • Bring back BBCode! We can't, it only existed because filtering HTML was unsafe, it isn't anymore :(
  • While creating/editing a post we don't have the ability to convert it to text to see how it is composed (text, tags, links and whatnot)
  • While creating/editing a post it isn't possible anymore to select everything with CTRL+A to save it to a txt (not that it would help, because of previous point). This is a big problem because it made easier to work with big posts like Project Platinums and Check Lists.
  • Choosing a custom color for text using RGB code.

Ok, the shift+enter thing is good to know. Not very user friendly, since at best it should be working the other way around, but at least now we know it.

I don't understand, though, if BBCode is not coming back, how are we supposed to compose our posts? The basic interface is not enough for everything. It would be good to know what to write to get the desired effect. The RGB thing was just an example. I'd like to know what to write in the edit box to get most any other effect that could previously be obtained with BBCode.
It would be optimal to at least get back the option to toggle on/off between text and formatted post. That would allow us to experiment in a way more useful way. It's still a bother to have to relearn everything though.

I would also like to re submit the fact that we have less options when filtering trophy lists on our profiles.
We have "100%", "not 100%", "platinum" and "platinum not 100%". The "not 100%" shows both games were you already got and didn't get yet a platium, but I remember that previously it didn't show games with platinums. Moreover, games with platinum and not at 100% are already covered by the filter "platinum not 100%".
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong. Maybe it wasn't "not 100%" and there was a 5th filter, but I clearly remember that I could view the list of games that (aren't at 100%) && (have no earned platinums yet).

Edited by Doctor Doom

1 hour ago, SDB--1982 said:

Not all of my games are showing on my profile. I cannot see anything similar on the list. Seems to only include games I have got a trophy in 2016

Edit: If I change to alphabetical it only goes as far as M and won't show Watch Dogs which I played last night.

I'm able to see all of your games on your profile. Do you have the option "Hide games on profiles with 0%" selected in your settings? I'm also able to view all of them past M when viewing your list in alphabetical order.

Statistics page graphs not working on mobile. Info isn't showing up when I click on the Trophy progression or Monthly Progress. 

Also I don't know if this was intentional or not. In the notifications setting we get this option:

Someone replies to a status update I posted, is on my profile, or I have also replied to

This should be 2 or even 3 different settings. I would like to see when people respond to my status, or even when people to one on my page, but I don't need to follow every status I chime in on. 

Site looks great and it's getting better by the day. Keep up the good work all. 

Edited by Hemiak
Removed double post.

5 hours ago, Doctor Doom said:

Ok, the shift+enter thing is good to know. Not very user friendly, since at best it should be working the other way around, but at least now we know it.

I don't understand, though, if BBCode is not coming back, how are we supposed to compose our posts? The basic interface is not enough for everything. It would be good to know what to write to get the desired effect. The RGB thing was just an example. I'd like to know what to write in the edit box to get most any other effect that could previously be obtained with BBCode.
It would be optimal to at least get back the option to toggle on/off between text and formatted post. That would allow us to experiment in a way more useful way. It's still a bother to have to relearn everything though.

I've tried to find answers to this on other boards on the internet for ages and I'm still amazed at the lack of options and customisation on offer. Never mind the lack of explanation about what there is. So, so annoying. Anything we can do here to fix it would be amazing.

2 minutes ago, stpatty said:

I've tried to find answers to this on other boards on the internet for ages and I'm still amazed at the lack of options and customisation on offer. Never mind the lack of explanation about what there is. So, so annoying. Anything we can do here to fix it would be amazing.

Well way to go then. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

This feels so stupid.

Edited by Doctor Doom
  • Like 2

I'm mostly just annoyed at how awkward it is to put more than one image in a post. It auto-embeds things like youtube videos and links to other parts of the forum, but it can't when you post an image url?

Actually, that's one of my suggestions. Auto-embed images when you paste the url. If it's possible.

6 minutes ago, stpatty said:

I'm mostly just annoyed at how awkward it is to put more than one image in a post. It auto-embeds things like youtube videos and links to other parts of the forum, but it can't when you post an image url?

Actually, that's one of my suggestions. Auto-embed images when you paste the url. If it's possible.

Maybe you're not pasting a url that ends in an image extension, seems to work fine for me.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, stpatty said:

As have I, it seems IPBoards/services is moving away from bbcode entirely with v4.0.  Seems they're not budging on that issue. I personally don't believe in retiring something regardless if it was created in the 90s without a replacement of equal value. And the editor is not of equal value. 

They left some bbcode in, but it's not what it was. And there's no viewing the source. 

Leaving us and Sly few easy options. Apparently Sly has the option to allow html access for everyone, or none. No in-between, or restrictions for groups(as far as I know at the time) to prevent malicious html. Apparently it is possible to make a group have html access, however the security risks are still there. 

A client in this post on ipboards stresses the issue and gets the answers. The responses aren't what a client would want to hear imo, and I'm completely turned off by ip boards now by the flip flop responses. This explains the bbcode issue the best I believe. 

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/417407-ips-40-the-current-state-of-bbcode-and-its-future-is-bbcode-officially-abandoned/

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1