What are some "easy" ultra rare trophies/games?

Lordidude

Hello everyone.

I recently played a few games and got some of the ultra rare trophies. I realized that the trophies were quite easy to get although being ultra rare.

For example many trophies in Duke Nukem 3D on PS3.

What are some games that also fit this category in your opinion?

• Like 2

Grand Theft Auto IV - easy as shit, just the online is a grind

Grand Theft Auto V - same story as IV, but if you get both versions you can cross save so you get 2 sets of UR trophies

Star Wars Jedi Starfighter - only playing through it on PS4 now and holy shit the trophies are rare. Beating the game on easy is like 1.68%

Duke Nukem 3D - as you said. Before I got flagged I was the first with the 100% in that game too on here :'(

Blacklight Retribution - grindy as shit, but there's a lot of 1.XX% trophies that only require you put in the time

That's all that comes to mind that I've recently played

• Like 2

Seems to defeat the point of going for UR trophies if you're just going for the easy ones. 
If you don't care about getting the platinum, razing storm and battle fantasia have a stupid amount of easy URs. 
The platinums are hard to get though. 
Easy plat with an unbelievable amount of URs would be Magicka 2. 
Arcana Hearts 3 Love Max and its stacks have a silly amount of URs as well. 

• Like 3

Knytt Underground has a bunch of easy ur trophies. Use a guide. Also, DC Universe Online is grindy, but I think it's supposed to be relatively easy compared to other ur trophies.

Lastly, Bleach Soul Resurrection is an easy ur platinum, but is a 100-150 hour platinum of horrible boringness. Enjoy.

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God is a reasonably easy UR plat with a few UR trophies if you don't mind a decent amount of grinding.  Just takes knowing the infinite money trick and getting yourself a good weapon and shield pretty much.

Mind 0 has a UR plat and three UR trophies and really the only hard trophy to me is the one to beat the game on expert mode, but even that one is way more doable if you just do a second playthrough and carry over your stuff from your first run, though that will be a bit longer of a plat than the guide says.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters looks to be a reasonably easy UR plat with a good number of UR trophies.  A big part of why most people stop in that one pretty fast is that the battle system is a bit confusing and luck based because you have to predict the ghost's movements, but once you get the hang of it, it's not a hard game at all.  I'm working on this one myself and am finding it pretty easy.

• Like 1

Samurai Warriors 4 is an easy UR plat, even the grind won't take longer than a week or two. The only problems I can think of are a buggy objective on Osaka Castle (which you more or less just have to cream the enemy big time to get to a locked room in time) and I think one of the music files doesn't load on the PS3 version of the game IIRC. Actually, it amazes me it's still a UR plat.

Killzone Shadow Fall is also very easy, mind you I got the MP trophies when it was still a fresh game. Might be significantly more AIDS right now. Dat LS Fors though... absolutely smoking.

Tales of Zestiria is pretty easy. There is an RNG based one but you can afk about 30 minutes at a time throughout going for it if you dont get it naturally. The grindiest trophy took maybe 40 minutes. And the difficulty ones surrounding the final boss become trivial with an extra 10 minutes of grinding to get Lailah enough Lindwer boosts. If you do it in 2 playthroughs the plat is even more painless.

• Like 1

Some people here are saying some ultra rare platinums are easy when others are saying the opposite.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood, the initial PS3 version requires you to get a fair number of trophies in multiplayer. Unfortunately unlike newer games like DOOM, Assassins Creed Unity and Call of Duty Black Ops III, the multiplayer in Brotherhood is basically dead most of the time, so you essentially have to boost. I try to do everything I can to get a multiplayer trophy without having to boost, since I personally hate boosting myself. But these days, since the PS4 has superior multiplayer and is current gen, for most games on PS3 you *have* to boost the multiplayer trophies, because those games aren't as active as they used to be. Plus for Brotherhood you have to have a dedicated team of players, since a couple trophies require coordination if you plan to get them as quick as possible.

Magicka 2 is a co-op game front, right and center, if you're a solo guy like me then getting that ultra rare platinum would be insanely difficult. Somebody posted here on PSNPROFILES they did in fact get the platinum solo, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Grand Theft Auto V is more of a grindfest than anything else, usually taking around 100 - 150 hours to get the platinum. However there are some 'difficult' trophies, such as fulfilling all the optional objectives for all the story missions and flying a helicopter or plane under bridges and between skyscrapers. You have to spend dozens of hours in BOTH single player and multiplayer each, equaling to over a hundred hours. It's not too difficult a platinum no, but it's far from easy.

Fighting game franchises like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat rely on skill from the player along with a lot of time playing multiplayer. Most of the games from both franchises have some pretty challenging trophies, which is why their platinums are so rare. Since I'm terrible at fighting games and generally refuse to buy them since I'll probably never finish them, I avoid them whenever possible.

Killzone Shadow Fall, like the fighting games, has a lot of multiplayer involved. Same can be said with Killzone 2. A lot of work not just in the multiplayer portion but also the single player. It's very much like Grand Theft Auto V, so I don't know if I'll ever buy Shadow Fall since I'll probably never finish the game.

I don't go out of my way to get ultra rare trophies (or any rare trophies in fact), I just play the games I want and have fun while earning trophies. I'm about to earn my first ultra rare platinum pretty soon, but for that game I'm playing (Red Dead Redemption) I am playing it because it is probably my all time favorite last gen game, regardless if it's trophies are common or rare.

• Like 4

On December 24, 2016 at 4:22 AM, Lordidude said:

I agree. But the algorithm that categorizes trophies right now is flawed.

Well to be honest several games that have ultra rare trophies are supposed to be more of a challenge. But that isn't always the case.

DLC packs are most flawed when there is only one trophy. The algorithm calculates this by the number of owners, aka the number of people who have earned this trophy.

So something like say Call of Duty gets a DLC pack with just one trophy (which honestly should be free either via update patch or DLC off PS Store) that ONLY 100 people "own". Millions of people play Call of Duty on an almost daily basis and the vast majority couldn't care less about trophies or achievements. Then you have this website and Playstationtrophies.org that has mostly trophy hunters, that are in fact the minority. Even less of us care all that much for DLC, let alone striving to get 100 percent completion even if that means getting insanely difficult trophies. Assuming the 100 people who got this one trophy are indeed completionists, I would assume some of them are a little irritated it is a common trophy, and not an ultra rare trophy. 

So yes, the algorithm is flawed. However I don't know if there is a good way to calculate this. So I'll just leave the conversation here.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

Some of the easiest ultra rare trophies are in very hard games, where players see the difficulty and stop before they get there. Of games I have, there are some very easy ultra rare trophies in Retro/Grade and Chariot, although completing those games with 100% is much harder. Stealth Inc 2 is also much easier than its rarity - 9/12 of the trophies are ultra rare and many are easy... even the lowest at 1.02% is only moderately challenging. I think its low rarity is because of its length + lack of platinum. 

For completing, by far the easiest UR game on my list to complete, is Vessel. It's ultra rare but it is a nice relaxing puzzle game and not hard at all. Of games with platinums, I would say LittleBigPlanet 3 is my easiest ultra rare platinum. Some levels are a bit challenging to ace, might take some time, but they are very doable.

Edited by Midnightwards666
  • Like 1

The Disney Infinity games are easy URs, and don't take that long. With the servers going down next year this won't be changing. 

One or two of the Skylanders games are UR as well. 

I agree that Vessel is by far the easiest UR 100% I've earned. 

10 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Starwhal - 15 ultra rare trophies. You'll need 2 controllers though (or 1 controller + a Vita). Warning: the game sucks, hence why the trophies are ultra rare.

:o Those are fighting words sir. :D

The game is actually a lot of fun if you don't take it seriously. My kids especially find it hilarious to battle each other and friends. It's UR because you have to beat all 32 levels with platinum scores, and because there are like 4 different grindy trophies to earn. Even still it's only like a 6/10, 15 hour Plat. 

Now Greg Hastings Paintball 2. It's about a 20 hour UR Plat and not that difficult, but that is one bad game, lol. Graphics are cutting edge ps1 era, and there are some seriously wonky character animations. 

• Like 1