would this be considered a shameful platinum?

Rambo-TH100

I give no fucks and have no shame, so to me personally it isn't shameful.

I get how people think it is - because it IS an easy plat. Will fully disclose that. Still no shame on my end tho. Idgaf how other people trophy hunt (as long as they're not cheating) so idgaf what people think of my hunting.

*finger guns*

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized what is my concept of shameful.

Spoiler

jz5eXKb.png

G14RHsN.png

OApX6yK.png

U1ffzCn.png

XqVrowE.png

qmQ87FY.png

All from the same profile.

If he wants to waste money buying a game three or more times because it's easy is up to him, but there is any fun (personal realization) involved on prioritizing quantity over quality?

On 4/16/2017 at 0:13 PM, Rambo-TH100 said:

I don't think it's on par as to Hana Montana. I feel like it's so easy that it jumped away from being shameful but I want to know what you guys think.

my opinion is that it isn't a game that holds any value from a gameplay standpoint.  It is solely a gimme trophy hunters game where you can pop a bunch of trophies real fast to rank up.  To me ranking mean absolutely nothing because all the top ranked players play nothing but super easy games.  A person can spend 20 minutes playing my name is mayo and get 1200 plus points while I spent 150 hours playing MGSV for the same amount of points.  With that being said if its important to you to be ranked high then go ahead.  Playing and stacking games such as my name is mayo is the only way to get high up in the ranks.  Personally I will play any game I think I will get enjoyment out of.  I don't see clicking a mayo jar as being enjoyable.  I gave telltale two chances and was bored both times so I won't do it again most likely.  Ranking up means nothing giving the scenario I outlined above.  Having a nice looking list of games I enjoyed to reflect back on does appeal to me.  Looking at your list you have a nice list of games so i think that I would keep doing what I was doing and think hard about putting my name is mayo on there.  Just my opinion. 

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 3

A little bit, sure, but whatever.

I don’t think its so much that its a point of shame to have the plat - more that it is a point of pride to not have it.

I really don’t think it matters though.

Cheating is proper shameful. Making use of legitimate, if a bit silly, easy games to pad out a list is nothing really.

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

my opinion is that it isn't a game that holds any value from a gameplay standpoint.  It is solely a gimme trophy hunters game where you can pop a bunch of trophies real fast to rank up.  To me ranking mean absolutely nothing because all the top ranked players play nothing but super easy games.  A person can spend 20 minutes playing my name is mayo and get 1200 plus points while I spent 150 hours playing MGSV for the same amount of points.  With that being said if its important to you to be ranked high then go ahead.  Playing and stacking games such as my name is mayo is the only way to get high up in the ranks.  Personally I will play any game I think I will get enjoyment out of.  I don't see clicking a mayo jar as being enjoyable.  I gave telltale two chances and was bored both times so I won't do it again most likely.  Ranking up means nothing giving the scenario I outlined above.  Having a nice looking list of games I enjoyed to reflect back on does appeal to me.  Looking at your list you have a nice list of games so i think that I would keep doing what I was doing and think hard about putting my name is mayo on there.  Just my opinion. 

well said. You're like me, someone who plays games that I enjoy the most and then accept the challenge to platinum it or try at least :D 

Edited by PhantomBlade19

2 hours ago, Primeape said:

If you plat this game, your dick will fall off. 

Well, crap. xD Looks like I'm screwed.

I'm not really ashamed of it.  Even though it's a stupid game, it's sorta funny.  I might actually hide the trophies later on too.  But at the end of the day, I have enough hard plats to offset Energy Cycle and this game, so I feel like I'm in the clear.

Edited by Froopy
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Froopy said:

I'm not really ashamed of it.  Even though it's a stupid game, it's sorta funny.  I might actually hide the trophies later on too.  But at the end of the day, I have enough hard plats to offset Energy Cycle and this game, so I feel like I'm in the clear.

you have GTAV platinum, i think effordwise this should count as maybe 2 plats, so i think its legit if you add yourself the mayo on the plat list ^^

• Like 1

On 23/12/2017 at 6:26 AM, Froopy said:

12 hours ago, StoRmAreA said:

you have GTAV platinum, i think effordwise this should count as maybe 2 plats, so i think its legit if you add yourself the mayo on the plat list ^^

Make the Mayo and GTAV platinums the only two trophies in your trophy cabinet, then post in the thread "What Does the Above Person's "Trophy Cabinet" Say About them?" :D

• Like 2

On 12/23/2017 at 9:14 PM, reinhardtwlhelm said:

I don't think it's shameful when you buy it once to have fun with it, but when you buy the game for every region you really only buy it for the easy platinum

haha i have the game of thrones scene in my head... shame ? shame ? shame ?

lyzerx.png

Edited by lyzerx
  • Like 1

To be honest, no :platinum: should be labeled as shameful. It's only like that due to numerous hacked trophies or people forming up in teams to get trophies. Some use trophies as a dick measuring contest to see who's more rarer than others. It's YOUR money you spent on a game you wanted to enjoy. So, are they  paying your bills, food in your home, gas in your car, helping you pay for school, etc? No? So why care for what others think!! Do you!! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, reinhardtwlhelm said:

hahah i want to platinum that one because it was free i have never even watched the show and ive read a bit of the books

The game is a typical  Telltale game easy Plat. Like watching a movie and pressing few buttons sometimes and deciding how the story goes. 

I recommend the series, but i find Vikings abit better than game of thrones

lyzerx.png

Edited by lyzerx