would this be considered a shameful platinum?

Rambo-TH100

54 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Now, that's interesting. A few years ago when I did a thread asking for help to decide my platinum #50. You were the only person who judged the games of my list.

Now, you actually made me look this up because I didn't remember you. To see if I had to apologize but I think you're confusing me with some of the other guys who replied on your topic.

This is what I wrote:

I command you to make a decision for yourself!

This little joke doesn't seem to be a judgement on you trophies to me.

Edited by HellcoreFire
There was something wrong with the layout.
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

This little joke doesn't seem to be a judgement on you trophies to me.

You're right. Maybe I got confused because you did something similar (trolling) to some people who asked for help in the following years. That's probably why I remember you lol.

Nah, this is a game you either buy for the platinum or for the experience.  I was in a gaming slump when this game came out and after watching the trailer (because everyone on my friends list was popping the plat) I had to at least try it out.

I legit enjoyed my time with this game the first time through.  The second time through on the PS4 was meh since I knew everything, but it made me laugh quite a few times.

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

Telltale games actually attempt to offer some narrative incentive to keep their users playing their games. There's actually a purpose to see it through to the end and enjoy the experience.

Mayo is literally nothing but tapping a jar over and over for a bunch of trophies. There's no meaningful narrative, no engaging gameplay, no replayability. Its only purpose at all is to get trophies - if you're not a trophy hunter, it's completely useless. If you're not a trophy hunter, you can still enjoy a Telltale game.

Also unlike other clickers, there's no cost/benefit analysis or maths to partake in.

I think it's disgusting a game like this got a platinum honestly. It really should've been a standard 100% list because there really isn't enough meat on the bone to warrant a platinum at all.

I mean, there's kind of a narrative. All the mini stories. But not really :P

1. I personally think it's the most shameful plat. I actually never thought of a plat as "shameful" till this one came out. It's a game that was created and sold for the soul purpose of an easy plat. It's like whoring out the system for a profit. At least Hannah Montana and Terminator Salvation had some production value and a target audience.

2. Just because I see the plat as shameful doesn't mean I look down on people for having it. To each their own. If you enjoy seeing those trophies pop then by all means go for it, don't let the opinions of some randoms influence you. Trophies are different things to different people and you should get them the way you want to get them, screw everybody else.

• Like 3

Hannah Montana is a shamefull plat. There is no excuse if you plat that game and say "My daughter played that one for me." The game is hard for a young child because of the "4 player" trophy. I have a few PSN friends that say i shame for it i wish i never put that game on my list. My Name Is Mayo is different it's all about laughing and clicking. The easy plats from now are different from back than. Look at Jazzpunk etc those are fun and easy.

• Like 1

I wouldn't platinum it. Do what you want though, stop caring about other people. You should be earning trophies for your own satisfaction not for other people to validate you. I'd get no satisfaction out of this, as the 'game' doesn't interest me in the slightest. Where as something easy like Aab's Animals [100%] actually interests me as a concept, even if it literally just gives you free trophies for just having the game open like 5 minutes.

tl;dr - Do you.

• Like 1

The only "shameful" platinums are ones you cheat to get or otherwise are unintentionally hack-glitched and you don't bother to hide them (Black Ops II for most, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift for me- learned my lesson)

Edited by MeteorHawk