Is it too late to get a Vita?

AlcoholicDinosaw

It's never too late to get a Vita but it is too late to have been part of the 'Vita ExperienceTM'. Ah yes, I still remember the day I picked up a brand new Vita with Uncharted and Wipeout. I did not realise at the time that Sony would give less of a crap about the console than I did about the deuce I had this morning. The Vita is a brilliant machine but Sony has treated it like the ugly child it locked up in the attic with which it every now and then feeds a bucket of fish heads to keep it alive for a bit longer. It was never going to beat the 3DS but there is about half a dozen first party titles worth playing on the Vita.

I love the Japanese games that get put out on it but for every decent game like that there's 10 absolutely awful ones. I still love the vita (I mostly use it to play PS1 games now), but man did it suck seeing it put to waste like that over the years.

Edited by SkyMason
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

UPDATE: I got the Vita, all that's needed is a memory card but that's alright I'll be using mainly Remote Play for now, best decision I've made for a while and I wouldn't have got it without you guys so thank you to everyone who has commented and voiced their opinion on the Vita! Happy gaming folks! :D

Looking at your trophy card, it seems you haven't played any games on it yet. What's gonna to be the cherry-pop Vita game?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

UPDATE: I got the Vita, all that's needed is a memory card but that's alright I'll be using mainly Remote Play for now, best decision I've made for a while and I wouldn't have got it without you guys so thank you to everyone who has commented and voiced their opinion on the Vita! Happy gaming folks! :D

Nice!! I was just using remote play an hour ago because the throne was calling xD multitasking! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Grats on the purchase and welcome to the Vita owners' club! 
You might want to try and find a memory card rather sooner than later. I haven't seen any for sale in these parts of the world for a while. Happy gaming!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Looking at your trophy card, it seems you haven't played any games on it yet. What's gonna to be the cherry-pop Vita game?

It might have to be Welcome Park, yay xD The unfortunate thing was, immediately after collecting it from the Post Office I had to go work, can finally play it after a long week :D

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

Nice!! I was just using remote play an hour ago because the throne was calling xD multitasking! 

That's brilliant xD Maybe now I can work on my multitasking skills! 

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

Grats on the purchase and welcome to the Vita owners' club! 
You might want to try and find a memory card rather sooner than later. I haven't seen any for sale in these parts of the world for a while. Happy gaming!

Thank you! I'll definitely start looking, found a bunch of games I want already, gonna be broke at this rate xD

1 hour ago, Seasonreaper said:

Enjoy, it's a lovely little thing. Perfect for if you're ever waiting on transport or on a long journey, knocked out a whole bunch of stuff a while ago whilst on a 6hr train journey myself.

It's definitely a pretty damn good thing to have! Thank You! :D

Awww you guys are the best thanks again for commenting and sharing your opinion and personal views on the Vita I always enjoy listening to you folks! Now it's time to earn some trophies on my newly acquired hardware! Take care people! :)

• Like 4

It's still the best handheld on the market imo, it's a great piece of kit.   It's understandable why Sony backed off the Vita, and won't be making any more handhelds for the foreseeable future, and that's the encroachment of the mobile market...even the DS was suffering last time I checked.   However, what Sony foolishly did, was to lose the Monster Hunter franchise, seriously.   Had MH remained with PS then the Vita would have undoubtedly shifted many more units than it has, especially in Japan, but in the West too.   The mobile market would still have hurt but those bigger sales numbers would have brought better support.   It is what it is, but there's still plenty of great games on the system, and given all it's woes it's testament to how good a handheld it is to have such loyal and passionate supporters.

I have a 32gb memory card, I find that to be more than sufficient, and I'd also recommend one of these:

BigBen-Interactive-Controller-Grip-PS-Vi

It's an extremely comfortable grip.   My Vita, original, and grip are old now, still in perfect working order, but there are newer grips for the newer model and ones that can charge whilst attached, the above shape is the one I found to be best though, feels like holding a big controller lol   Enjoy your Vita! :) 

• Like 1

It's never too late for buying any console. Actually not old consoles have more benefits - huge games library, more cheaper games and usually developer already know all technical issues and develop new version. Yeah, I know, a lot of people hate slim version of Vita, but anyway. 

Vita's Memory card - OK, it's really serious problem. Very expensive and every day more difficult to find. 

Vita gaming - absolutely different gameplay comparing mobile games. Even if you play small indie games anyway it's totally different. Physical buttons and sticks - main benefit comparing smartphones touch screens.

i have PS vita already 5 years. In this year get Slim version (it's awesome, really). And during this 5 years never thinking like "PS Vita is dead" or "PS Vita haven't games". Every time when I finish some big title, OK, what kind of indie game we get with last PS+ update... oh, very interesting... oh, it's great game. 

• Like 1

Purchased a used Vita on eBay in the last 6 months and I've played it more than my PS4. P4 Golden and Severed are two Vita games I'm working on. Been some good cross-buys from PS+ like Day of the Tentacle Remastered. Plus Remote Play is pretty good for any PS4 games not on Vita or just finishing games on the go when you don't have time to sit and boot up the PS4.

• Like 1

Completely worth it,well done man, especially if u get a good size memory card because psn store specials are very good. Also very important point to consider is that alot of people say that jap and indie titles are the bulk of the library but for someone coming into the console new, theres a massive library of titles that will help u get the value out of the console first. Hours upon hours of gameplay await you, have fun

Edited by El_Shubi
  • Like 1