[Suggestion] Unattainable trophies color coded and tagged

Se7en

On 2017-04-17 at 4:55 PM, Sly Ripper said:

If I were to add this, I'd like to add all kinds of manual tagging we need in one lump so whoever updates this info doesn't have to keep going back and adding stuff later.

So, what else should be added alongside the unattainable flag?

It's not a flag thing but it'd be nice to know which region the trophy lists are. PSTrophies.org manually says the lists' region for years! 

E.g. a Japanese or Chinese regioned list? Let's add their little country flag icon (just like the icon on PSN accounts). A seperate North America and Europe trophy lists of the same game? Let's put a little sphere icon representating CANADA/USA together (like the continent) or the Europe United flag for Europe continent! How about we know which trophy lists are physical only? Just like the AC Chronicles: Triple Pack trophy list that is only on disc?

Also, can we add an icon to show if a game requires a Move or a PS VR? Just like I suggested for a while? 

Edited by Maxie the Mouse
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kapika96 said:

Would be nice! I usually check Trueachievements for this since they have something similar. So would be nice to have the same here, plus it would be more accurate for PS games... for obvious reasons :P

use playstationtrophies.org

On ‎17‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 7:17 PM, NathanielJohn said:

I don't see the advantage of tagging story-related trophies. If people want that level of specific information, they can look at a guide. In my mind, the tags that should be visible up front are the "warning" tags that people want to know about before deciding to try the game:

- Unobtainable

- Glitchy (but still obtainable)

- Online-only

- Multiplayer-only

- Peripheral(s) required

Stackable (for difiiculty specific trophies) and collectable also come in my mind.

17 hours ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

It's not a flag thing but it'd be nice to know which region the trophy lists are. PSTrophies.org manually says the lists' region for years! 

E.g. a Japanese or Chinese regioned list? Let's add their little country flag icon (just like the icon on PSN accounts). A seperate North America and Europe trophy lists of the same game? Let's put a little sphere icon representating CANADA/USA together (like the continent) or the Europe United flag for Europe continent! How about we know which trophy lists are physical only? Just like the AC Chronicles: Triple Pack trophy list that is only on disc?

Yes please! Perhaps adding this alongside game/trophy lists too? I know I get confused when I search for a game on here and several different versions appear.

This would be nice to have when I'm looking through my list, so +1 from me.

My only request is, if this is to be used as a red flag for cheating, let's be damn sure about the difference between "no one can get this starting from scratch now" vs "no one can get this again, ever." Like if a trophy for "Complete all 500 challenges" has 100 online challenges and online shuts down, the trophy becomes unobtainable... but only mostly unobtainable. Someone who did the online part years ago could now come back and finish single-player and get the trophy legitimately.

There are weird corner cases out there. Let's define "unobtainable" narrowly.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

How has this suggestion not been accepted and implemented yet?

34 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

There's more important features to implement like "Ribbon of Effort" system.

Did anyone ever get Sly what he asked for to implement this?

Colors naturally give us warning or attention, so I believe that it should be implemented.

17 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

psntrophyleaders site has this feature to. Seems like a nice addition to this site if implemented.

Even playstationtrophies.org has icon that symbolizes online, coop, unobtainable or glitched trophies.

4 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I like the idea, but there will be many trophies tagged as unattainable that were only temporarily unattainable.  Would need a process in place to constantly update. 

Don't see how that couldn't be remedied by a simple review system the same way the community sorts out cheater disputes, someone can flag it, add a justification, and then someone can review that and mark it accordingly. Same thing for trophies that are attainable again. I wouldn't recommend putting that on the (quite small) moderation team here, it should definitely be community driven.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I would be willing to help take this on to as part of the review system. It'd be quite simple. Tell me the trophies that are unobtainable and give me a valid source, and I approve it. No source means it won't be reviewed/approved. I don't think it'd be hard. The initial rush of tags would be the worst part.

I also don't mind helping since that's one of my functions as mypst mod.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...