Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

2 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

If you bought the game and dlcs through psn store, you have access to them even if they are not installed. 

You can no longer get access through EA play, even if you had it previously installed. 

ok thank you .

2 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

If you bought the game and dlcs through psn store, you have access to them even if they are not installed. 

You can no longer get access through EA play, even if you had it previously installed. 

Yes, that's completely true. I received the game through an EA Play subscription, and all three DLCs were purchased from the PS Store a long time ago. Now only DLC is listed in my library, the game itself is no longer there.

• Like 1

Just now, Asim_25 said:

Yes, that's completely true. I received the game through an EA Play subscription, and all three DLCs were purchased from the PS Store a long time ago. Now only DLC is listed in my library, the game itself is no longer there.

what about grid autosport DLC on PS3 ? I bought the deluxe edition with 69$ but  not installed them & it didn't showed up in the game & the DLC simply vanished .

4 minutes ago, Asim_25 said:

I don't have a PS3, so I can't tell you anything specific. But I have a theory why this could happen. In many games, when you purchase extended editions (Deluxe, Gold, Ultimate, etc.), all included add-ons do not end up in your library, but become available for purchase for free. And only after purchasing these add-ons for free in the PS Store do they appear in your library and become available in the game. You might have forgotten to do this before delisting of the game and DLC. I'm not sure if this particular case applies here, but it's a possibility.

ahha ok thank you this is sucks.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Asim_25 said:

I don't have a PS3, so I can't tell you anything specific. But I have a theory why this could happen. In many games, when you purchase extended editions (Deluxe, Gold, Ultimate, etc.), all included add-ons do not end up in your library, but become available for purchase for free. And only after purchasing these add-ons for free in the PS Store do they appear in your library and become available in the game. You might have forgotten to do this before delisting of the game and DLC. I'm not sure if this particular case applies here, but it's a possibility.

Yes this is 100% true for some games and it carried over into the PS4 era as well. The other issue is too is some dlc pages aren't connected directly to the main game page and needed to be downloaded separately as well. Driveclub was another notable racing game where some dlc needed to be added to library before being able to download them.

• Like 4

On 12/1/2023 at 2:05 AM, DizzyDavidson said:

I got the Ultimate Edition, it says "Code Expires 9/30/2029".

Should be good for a while if bought sealed. :lol:

12 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

so if I buy a brand new ultimate edition disc version of grid off amazon (currently seeing it for $70) I'll be able to 100% the game with no issues?

With the answer above, I suspect a pretty definite yes.

Edited by ConAir
  • Like 2

Not sure where to post this since it's obscure but Playstation is delisting Discovery shows at the end of the year. Any shows you may have purchased will be delisted and you can no longer view them after December 31, 2023. The link shows what content will be removed.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/psvideocontent/?et_rid=&et_cid=231130-VIDREMVL-AM-CSA-B-FLX&Linkid=231130-VIDREMVL-AM-CSA-B-FLX&emcid=em-pl-500377

discovery.png

• Like 2

Another Large "Indie" Pub is starting to announce layoffs due to market changes. Their subsidiary dev/publisher VersusEvil has been doing underpar as well. Just keep an eye on anything server related as usual under their umbrella.

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/tinybuild-is-cutting-jobs-after-an-incredibly-challenging-year-#close-modal

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Needles said:

Another update from EA and I have some bad news to report. All of these games are shutting down on March 21, 2024:

Micro Machines World Series (PS4)

F1 2011 (PS3)

F1 2012 (PS3)

F1 2013 (PS3)

F1 2014 (PS3)

F1 Race Stars (PS3)

Looks like Micro Machines is already unobtainable.

Source:

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/a-h

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/i-q

Just as I predicted, EA are going Nuclear on their PS3 games so expect a lot more announcements before Summer arrives :(.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Asim_25 said:

Insider Gaming reported that Embracer Group has shut down the New World Interactive studio, the creators of Insurgency: Sandstorm. 

The further fate of Insurgency: Sandstorm is currently unknown. Neither Embracer Group, nor Saber Interactive, nor Focus Entertainment, nor New World Interactive commented on this news yet.

It is very likely that support and updates for Insurgency: Sandstorm will cease, as well as the cancellation of the long-awaited PS5 version of the game. There is also a risk of server shutdown.

An update on this closure. Saber Interactive has apparently notified that they will be taking over what they can for the future. They are moving people around to continue support and planned updates.

Article has been updated to reflect this new information.

https://insider-gaming.com/insurgency-developer-new-world-interactive-shut-down-by-embracer-group/

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Just as I predicted, EA are going Nuclear on their PS3 games so expect a lot more announcements before Summer arrives :(.

This is the first set of Codemasters games since Dirt Rally/4 and Onrush, I think. F1 2010 must be p2p since it would have been on here otherwise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Needles said:

Another update from EA and I have some bad news to report. All of these games are shutting down on March 21, 2024:

Micro Machines World Series (PS4)

F1 2011 (PS3)

F1 2012 (PS3)

F1 2013 (PS3)

F1 2014 (PS3)

F1 Race Stars (PS3)

Looks like Micro Machines is already unobtainable.

Source:

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/a-h

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/i-q

Ouch, this one hurts. I spent hundreds of hours on the F1 games of the PS3 era. It's a shame really, but at the same time it's amazing that they've lasted this long. I'm surprised they didn't include F1 2010 though, I wonder why 🤔

Btw F1 2011 and F1 2012 are already unobtainable for new players due to the online pass being delisted and the codes being expired.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I am surprised EA hasn't announced a server shutdown for SSX yet. The multiplayer was dead when I played it earlier this year. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Thanks for this info, I guess I'll have to work on Dead Space 3 soon, EA is just getting rid of everything old gen related, this is why I do hate online trophies so much.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, shary96 said:

Btw F1 2011 and F1 2012 are already unobtainable for new players due to the online pass being delisted and the codes being expired.

Does F1 2010, F1 2013 and F1 2014 have online passes that make the multiplayer inaccessible for newcomers?