Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

22 minutes ago, Deathon6 said:

Ghost Recon Future Solider and R.U.S.E. will have their online servers shutdown on Thursday January 25 2024. This shutdown only effects the PC version of the game. However there is still an active PS3 server. While the PS3 server is not part of the planned shutdown, players should plan ahead of time and prepare for the possible announcement of a shutdown at a future date. 

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-for-older-ubisoft-games-january-2024/000105788

Future Soldier was shuttered but came back online in the summer of this year. 

RUSE wasn't shuttered despite the planned 2018 date. 

I will say one thing about Ubisoft's current plans though, Splinter Cell Conviction on Xbox will have one achievement affected. I advise jumping on the game there if you want the 1000 Gamerscore. 

1 hour ago, Deathon6 said:

Ghost Recon Future Solider and R.U.S.E. will have their online servers shutdown on Thursday January 25 2024. This shutdown only effects the PC version of the game. However there is still an active PS3 server. While the PS3 server is not part of the planned shutdown, players should plan ahead of time and prepare for the possible announcement of a shutdown at a future date. 

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-for-older-ubisoft-games-january-2024/000105788

1 hour ago, Deathon6 said:

Madden NFL 20 will be shutdown on Monday April 15 2024. 

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/i-q#:~:text=April 15th%2C 2024,and PlayStation 4

Madden 20 was added in September and was already posted here, and the Ubisoft announcements were already posted.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dr_hellNo3 said:

It is with great displeasure to inform you that

GRID 2019 and it's dlcs are gone

Then the pajeet that was talking to @Asim_25 was clearly talking out of his arse. Why would you unintentionally spread bullshit like that and get people's hopes up?

Obviously this isn't referring to the OP, but EA.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The NA storefront of Grid 2019 still has Season 1&3 listed but 2 is gone.

However Grid Ultimate Edition (physical copy) comes with all three seasons on a code if you get it sealed obviously, just not sure if the code would be expired by now.

Edited by imminent-file5

7 minutes ago, imminent-file5 said:

The NA storefront of Grid 2019 still has Season 1&3 listed but 2 is gone.

However Grid Day one Edition (physical copy) comes with all three seasons on a code if you get it sealed obviously, just not sure if the code would be expired by now. 

Let me correct filet5 here:

*GRID ultimate edition (physical copy)

Day one edition does not include them

• Like 2

Unfortunate news about GRID, but somewhat expected. We discussed this already on page 240, for more info. 

Thankfully I followed my own advice and got the dlcs. Anyone who did so can buy a cheap second hand disc copy instead of an over 100$ Ultimate Edition sealed copy.

35 minutes ago, shipper321 said:

Then the pajeet that was talking to @Asim_25 was clearly talking out of his arse. Why would you unintentionally spread bullshit like that and get people's hopes up?

Eh, you can only trust those responses so much. Those guys don't know what's going on most of the time. They do not make the decisions. Maybe it was a genuine response with what they knew, or maybe it was just lies to get you off their back. 

The GRID delisting makes it look bad for Rocket Arena too. Already delisted, and the same guy said it was not shutting down soon. It probably will. Let's keep an eye on the EA services page.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Unfortunate news about GRID, but somewhat expected. We discussed this already on page 240, for more info. 

Thankfully I followed my own advice and got the dlcs. Anyone who did so can buy a cheap second hand disc copy instead of an over 100$ Ultimate Edition sealed copy.

Eh, you can only trust those responses so much. Those guys don't know what's going on most of the time. They do not make the decisions. Maybe it was a genuine response with what they knew, or maybe it was just lies to get you off their back. 

The GRID delisting makes it look bad for Rocket Arena too. Already delisted, and the same guy said it was not shutting down soon. It probably will. Let's keep an eye on the EA services page.

I already have the DLCs for this so it's not an issue for me, but yeah. Makes me worried about RA.

5 hours ago, Asim_25 said:

I am very sorry that the information I conveyed to you turned out to be untrue. I always contact the first persons to obtain reliable information for you. When communicating with the support service of a large company, you absolutely do not expect to hear deliberate lies and disinformation.

Unfortunately, EA decided not to bother delivering the necessary and accurate information to its users on time. As I said in the post with correspondence with the support agent "Thus, it turns out that everything is even too good to be true" because expecting something good from EA is a really bad idea.

It is very sad that even other EA departments, including support team, were not aware of this delisting. And we, the players, will suffer, as always.

EA just updated their website and indicated that GRID (2019) will be removed from The Play List on December 1, 2023. It was *very nice* of them to notify us about this after the fact.

By the way, I noticed that if you managed to add GRID (2019) to your library through an EA Play subscription before it was delisted from sale, the game is still available to play. A similar situation previously occurred with Madden NFL 21. I really hope this doesn't get fixed.

Not your fault. I've noticed that with GRID as well, thought it was the trial since it had that before it was pulled.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, shipper321 said:

I already have the DLCs for this so it's not an issue for me, but yeah. Makes me worried about RA.

Yesterday it gave me an error that I don't have Seasons installed but restoring licenses fixed the issue. The game will not read your existing save file if you have created one with Seasons installed. The game is removed from the Store and from your download list if you got it from EA Play as I did. The main problem is that the DLCs and the game are now gone and even if you bought the DLCs there is no download button (at least on PS4) on the store and it doesn't create an entry to your Library. The only way to download them is here afaik.

Does anyone know as long as EA Play is active you can still play this game?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Asim_25 said:

Really bad, bad news. EA pulled GRID (2019) from the library if the game was added there via an EA Play subscription. Just yesterday I had access to the full version of the game, and now there is a lock on it.

Now it's safe to say that official reports of EA Play games being removed from Xbox Game Pass definitely mean those games will be removed from PlayStation as well. Even if EA support denies it 🤡

So now the only option is to buy physical edition of the game: Standard or Day One Edition for those who managed to buy all the DLC in the PS Store before delisting, and Ultimate Edition for those who have neither the game nor the DLC. 

Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to get the platinum before the game was delisted, as I was busy with Rocket League. Therefore, I will also have to start looking for the disc, in most local stores they are out of stock 😢

so my question is will I still get access to the DLCs if I buy & installed them before the delisting happened ?

56 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

so my question is will I still get access to the DLCs if I buy & installed them before the delisting happened ?

If you bought the game and dlcs through psn store, you have access to them even if they are not installed. 

You can no longer get access through EA play, even if you had it previously installed. 

• Like 4

damn. 

edit: for those who have the disc version of grid 2019. i had to install the whole game from disc onto my ps5 and then when it completely installs. it'll show the season dlc if purchased before delisting. game getting moved up on priority. 

Edited by Lordguwa