Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

12 hours ago, Needles said:

Another update from EA and I have some bad news to report. All of these games are shutting down on March 21, 2024:

Micro Machines World Series (PS4)

F1 2011 (PS3)

F1 2012 (PS3)

F1 2013 (PS3)

F1 2014 (PS3)

F1 Race Stars (PS3)

Looks like Micro Machines is already unobtainable.

Source:

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/a-h

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/i-q

Damn that is hitting hard... will need to get to F1 2013 / F1 2014 soon enough then. Shame that F1 2011 / F1 2012 will never be done now.... and can only hope for a miracle to find someone with the DLC for F1 Race Stars 😬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rejim said:

Shame that F1 2011 / F1 2012 will never be done now....

I do remember that I got F1 2012 on my old account digitally many years ago (can’t remember if it was a full game or full game trial from PS+ though). Does the digital edition of F1 2012 also require online pass as well?

14 hours ago, Needles said:

Another update from EA and I have some bad news to report. All of these games are shutting down on March 21, 2024:

Micro Machines World Series (PS4)

F1 2011 (PS3)

F1 2012 (PS3)

F1 2013 (PS3)

F1 2014 (PS3)

F1 Race Stars (PS3)

Looks like Micro Machines is already unobtainable.

Source:

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/a-h

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/i-q

All of them have just disappeared from EA's Support site. It looks like history is repeating itself and someone updated the relevant sections too early so expect all of them to re-appear soon like they what happened with Mirror's Edge 2 and Crysis 3.

22 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Digital games have the Online Pass hardcoded into them :).

Thanks for the confirmation, it sucks that I can't remember if the game was a full release or just a full game trial from PS+, in which after X amount of hours the game might lock out and ask for purchasing it if it turns out to be the trial version :( .

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

All of them have just disappeared from EA's Support site. It looks like history is repeating itself and someone updated the relevant sections too early so expect all of them to re-appear soon like they what happened with Mirror's Edge 2 and Crysis 3.

It depends on which region you look at. Click “Terms” and then click the USA flag to see them. EA will update all regions on their support page eventually.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Digital games have the Online Pass hardcoded into them :).

Ohh that is a neat detail that had escaped me :o So if a buy F1 2011 digitally, I can plat it completely? Making sure before paying 20€

Also, side-note, I only found F1 2011 (as well as F1 2009) on the store. Was F1 2012 delisted or sth? (talking about EU)

6 minutes ago, Rejim said:

Ohh that is a neat detail that had escaped me :o So if a buy F1 2011 digitally, I can plat it completely? Making sure before paying 20€

Also, side-note, I only found F1 2011 (as well as F1 2009) on the store. Was F1 2012 delisted or sth? (talking about EU)

The F1 2011 you're referring to is the Vita version, which has no online. F1 2009 is a PSP (and Wii) title, so it'll have no trophies. If you bought 2011 prior to it being delisted in 2019(?), then yeah you can get the plat.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, shipper321 said:

The F1 2011 you're referring to is the Vita version, which has no online. F1 2009 is a PSP (and Wii) title, so it'll have no trophies. If you bought 2011 prior to it being delisted in 2019(?), then yeah you can get the plat.

I was just about to write this one, @Rejim the digital storefront only has the PSVITA version of F1 2011, which doesn't have any online trophies and the platinum can be done entirely solo/offline.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, serrated-banner9 said:

I noticed that the guide for Micro Machines World Series says it you have to be online, i assume that means that when the server closes all trophies will be unobtainable?

I believe so, or like 90% of them. Majority of that trophy list is online.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, shipper321 said:

27 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

I was just about to write this one, @Rejim the digital storefront only has the PSVITA version of F1 2011, which doesn't have any online trophies and the platinum can be done entirely solo/offline.

Ohh was too happy to find it I didn't notice (might give it a go if nothing else works) 😅 

But unfortunately, the issue stands as it were, F1 2011/F1 2012 can only obtained now physically and thus cannot be platted (for any new players), correct?

4 minutes ago, Rejim said:

Ohh was too happy to find it I didn't notice (might give it a go if nothing else works) 😅 

But unfortunately, the issue stands as it were, F1 2011/F1 2012 can only obtained now physically and thus cannot be platted (for any new players), correct?

For F1 2011 and 2012, the online pass is delisted. At this point I don’t even think a brand new copy with an unused pass would work, even if you managed to find one. To play these games online, you need the respective online pass downloaded on your console, and you need to “activate” the account that owns the online pass on your console. From there, other users/accounts on that console can “share” the online pass.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Needles said:

For F1 2011 and 2012, the online pass is delisted. At this point I don’t even think a brand new copy with an unused pass would work, even if you managed to find one. To play these games online, you need the respective online pass downloaded on your console, and you need to “activate” the account that owns the online pass on your console. From there, other users/accounts on that console can “share” the online pass.

i managed to find sealed copies of the games before and when i try to redeem it its shows me the pass but it wont redeem it so its not possible

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Rejim said:

When I checked some months ago for F1 2012, I found a post on the forum mentioning that online pass was still possible to buy into the game store, even if it's delisted. I didn't check personally but the post is from September 2021, worth checking on a secondary account.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Djak276 said:

When I checked some months ago for F1 2012, I found a post on the forum mentioning that online pass was still possible to buy into the game store, even if it's delisted. I didn't check personally but the post is from September 2021, worth checking on a secondary account.

It doesn’t work anymore .

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jgm4789 said:

it might be a good idea to keep an eye out for the wrc games as well considering ea now has the license and some older wrc games may be shutdown in the near future.

EA has no control over the older WRC games. I’d watch out for the Grid series, Dirt series, Need for Speed series, etc.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, xJnoOoN said:

i managed to find sealed copies of the games before and when i try to redeem it its shows me the pass but it wont redeem it so its not possible

I can confirm this is true, both EU & NA

The codes work to show you what is inside. However, they don't allow the redemption

Sonny support didn't help at all.

Has anybody tried if the pass shows up on the In-game store?