Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

2 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Strong bad's cool game for attractive people is being delsited from steam, not sure if PS3 versions is affected or if they have been delisted already.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/8340/view/3674419898842965390

You can buy it through the NA demo version, all episodes. Sometimes this has also been disabled, recently was the case for Super Sonic... Battle Cars, but most of the time it allows you to buy games after a delisting happens.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Strong bad's cool game for attractive people is being delsited from steam, not sure if PS3 versions is affected or if they have been delisted already.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/8340/view/3674419898842965390

All episodes are also part of PS Plus Premium, I think.

16 hours ago, Smashero said:

Day is not over yet ;).

Looks like it's dead now. There is an error when connecting to the server. Milkchoco is no more.

Spoiler

Someone went through the effort of creating 3 psn accounts with 3 different variations of saying bye bye to the game ?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/14304-milkchoco

Edited by tony_snake_24
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Looks like it's dead now. There is an error when connecting to the server. Milkchoco is no more.

Hide contents

Someone went through the effort of creating 3 psn accounts with 3 different variations of saying bye bye to the game 1f914.png

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/14304-milkchoco

what's more likely is that someone wanted to decrease the overall percentage of the rest of the trophies. But accounts that refer to THIS game specifically is a strange one.

Edited by Stevieboy
unnecessary comment
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

MLB 18 going down on September 18th. Just a usual server shutdown for a sports game. If you want the trophies, go for them sooner than later.

You are also running out of time to do Syndicate. Get to it now if you have plenty of free time to spare. 

MLB The Show 18’s servers went offline last year, and is already unobtainable as of speaking (see :bronze: Thanks for Sharing).

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, shipper321 said:

Friday the 13th will be delisted on Dec 31, 2023 and the matchmaking server will shut down on Dec 31, 2024 at the latest. This is the matchmaking server, I believe. Dedicated servers for games were already closed.

Edit: It's also part of PS Plus extra if you have it.

Are any of the trophies obtainable entirely offline?

• Like 1

Just now, HuntingFever said:

Not sure. The only other illfonic game to go off of is Nexuiz (2012), which is basically nothing. Everything can be boosted in private matches, thankfully, but I'd still be wary of that shutdown date. It's not exactly concrete.

46 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Supposedly the whole list is obtainable offline. But one of those massive time syncs even with boosting not too many people to confirm everything is up.

But it stands to reason this won't be obtainable at all after they turn off this matchmaking. The matchmaking is most likely for the peer to peer connectivity that existed after the original servers got turned off before.

1 hour ago, shipper321 said:

Friday the 13th will be delisted on Dec 31, 2023 and the matchmaking server will shut down on Dec 31, 2024 at the latest. This is the matchmaking server, I believe. Dedicated servers for games were already closed.

Edit: It's also part of PS Plus extra if you have it.

Damn! The DLC will be that cheap? Sheesh!

Edited by kidson2004

32 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Supposedly the whole list is obtainable offline. But one of those massive time syncs even with boosting not too many people to confirm everything is up.

But it stands to reason this won't be obtainable at all after they turn off this matchmaking. The matchmaking is most likely for the peer to peer connectivity that existed after the original servers got turned off before.

I'm worried this may be a Dead Alliance situation, where it was assumed the game was peer to peer, but when the server went down, you couldn't get past the start screen. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I'm worried this may be a Dead Alliance situation, where it was assumed the game was peer to peer, but when the server went down, you couldn't get past the start screen. 

The only thing that is local is your character/ perk loadout. The game pulls your stats after the launch. Lobbies are p2p but the game needs a server for your progression that's why 3 region auto pop is available.

You may or may not get misc kills while playing offline but nothing else registers, so-called offline mode is just pre-defined scenarios to play.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

NISA posted this on their facebook page

The following games will no longer be available on Nintendo eShop and PSN for both US and EU regions, starting at the indicated dates:
- Demon Gaze (PS Vita) - 6/11/2023
- GOD WARS: Future Past (PS4, PS Vita) - 6/15/2023
- The Lost Child (PS4, PS Vita, Nintendo Switch) - 6/18/2023
- GOD WARS: The Complete Legend (Nintendo Switch) 8/30/2023
- NAtURAL DOCtRINE (PS3, PS4, PS Vita) - 9/29/2023
- Demon Gaze II (PS4, PS Vita) - 11/13/2023

Of those, only NAtURAL DOCtRINE has online trophies so I would focus on that, ASAP in case they also decide to kill the PS3 and Vita servers for it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I’d also watch out for sales because most of these games physical copies are super expensive now

That is very true, I was looking at some other NIS titles a few months ago and the prices were ludicrous on the second hand market :(. EDIT: I've just looked through this particular list and the Ebay UK prices aren't horrible for most of them but that will change once the official delisting date has passed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

10 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

NISA posted this on their facebook page

The following games will no longer be available on Nintendo eShop and PSN for both US and EU regions, starting at the indicated dates:
- Demon Gaze (PS Vita) - 6/11/2023
- GOD WARS: Future Past (PS4, PS Vita) - 6/15/2023
- The Lost Child (PS4, PS Vita, Nintendo Switch) - 6/18/2023
- GOD WARS: The Complete Legend (Nintendo Switch) 8/30/2023
- NAtURAL DOCtRINE (PS3, PS4, PS Vita) - 9/29/2023
- Demon Gaze II (PS4, PS Vita) - 11/13/2023

Is that like... 3 days notice for Demon Gaze? 

I guess we should be thankful we even got a notice?

• Like 2