Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

17 hours ago, Skadoki said:

No, it's neither French nor English...and what difference it makes? My bad sir, I got confused "Cross Play" with "Cross Buy" (which is pretty clear from the context).

You know...sometimes people forget terminology and it has nothing to do with languages ?

The difference it makes is I was trying to be nice and could post in French if that was your primary language. Not sure why you have to be an aggressive jackass about it. Sorry you got offended over me trying to explain something and be helpful.

Edited by mcnichoj
double post

6 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Could you all turn back to topic please and avoid talking about policies and opinions about games or the trophy system? Talk this in separate threads please, this one is called 'known upcoming server shutdowns' and should focus on that. Please.

Rather have 5 different topics in 1 topics, spares a few clicks.

But I do find it funny how this thread suddenly has blown up for 3 games with close closures (even though the time was even to 15th oct) and not other games, or... Where was this hiatus when starhawk shutted down for example.

Edit: Wow it worked, people are silence for once

Edited by Bumperklever

27 minutes ago, Nemesis_WM said:

I can’t find the game in the US store anymore, it’s probably gone in all the other countries as well.

Also gone in the dutch (EU) PSN store, funny that the demo is still avaliable.

So that confirms that..

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 2

On 04.10.2018 at 9:01 AM, Potent_Delusions said:

Microsoft has not shut a single one of their games on XBOX 360 or XBOX ONE.

Not shut down games, but some online features affecting achievements in Microsoft’s own exclusives:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Forza-Motorsport-2/achievements?unobsdiscos=1

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Forza-Motorsport-3/achievements?unobsdiscos=1

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Forza-Motorsport-4/achievements?unobsdiscos=1

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Forza-Horizon/achievements?unobsdiscos=1

Edited by Se7en
double post
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, majob said:

Trophies are a minor addition to the game in the grand scheme and of course there are people who enjoy to obtain them but to the company, the primary sell point is the game itself and whatever supplemental services they add, not the trophies, those are considered a minor addition. And my point was that you got notice at all since Sony could have simply just shut them down with nary a care and told you to move on. And as I said before, if you buy a game when the servers are about to be shut down, that's self inflicted if you feel it's unfair you don't have enough time to get the online trophies. And you aren't owed time to do something when you had years beforehand to do it. Your personal life and circumstances don't excuse you from those things when you're using someones else's time and resources.

These so called time and resources aren't free though, we pay to use them.  And you previously said that your personal life is the circumstance to why you can't complete games, so why is that not a valid reason for anyone else to not have done the multiplayer when "they've had years to complete it", again as you said.  You're still missing the whole point of the discussion and I'm just going to leave it at that.  No one cares that the servers are actually going down, it's the reason of the minimal amount of time given to anyone that still wants to play the game and attempt to complete it.  

• Like 3

On 10/5/2018 at 10:20 PM, Snickel said:

These so called time and resources aren't free though, we pay to use them.  And you previously said that your personal life is the circumstance to why you can't complete games, so why is that not a valid reason for anyone else to not have done the multiplayer when "they've had years to complete it", again as you said.  You're still missing the whole point of the discussion and I'm just going to leave it at that.  No one cares that the servers are actually going down, it's the reason of the minimal amount of time given to anyone that still wants to play the game and attempt to complete it.  

I agree and disagree with you on this.

I have no sympathy for people who wait until the very last minute to get the online trophies for Twisted Metal or Warhawk. There is personal life, there are things that are out of our control that pull us away from gaming. There is simply the notion that some people, like myself, weren't into trophy hunting until much later. But bitching and complaining over online servers closing down for games that have had them running for a long time isn't a credible argument.

Warhawk is a 11 year old game and having online servers stay up for over a decade is pretty damn impressive. I have to commend the people who managed to keep the servers running for that long, but nothing lasts forever. For those who didn't get the online trophies in time, tough luck. That's the way life is.

I bought Playstation All Stars Battle Royale right after the server shutdown announcement knowing that I can boost the online with other trophy hunters, and I did. That is completely fine. But Sony is also losing some of my respect for pushing the shutdown dates to an earlier time, which pisses me off because that just tells me someone or something is likely changing it at will. It's completely up to them to shut down online servers for games and they are allowed to do it without any announcement beforehand. Doesn't mean it's the right way to do it.

We play games to have fun, as I have done for over 25 years and I consider trophy hunting to be icing on the cake that is a nice hobby to pursue.

I enjoy your YouTube videos and I enjoy the effort you put into making guides for trophies, but I'm mostly going to have to disagree with you on this one. Those who manage to get the online trophies before the game is shutdown, that's great. I don't agree with the person you were quoting on either, but simply put for those who do care, they have to be ready for sudden announcements.

The entire PS3 and Vita library is having their online functionality gradually shut down. I'm probably going to start boosting the online trophies for the Assassins Creed games I have before they too have their online servers shut.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I agree and disagree with you on this.

It seems both you and majob have missed what he was saying.

1) - He IS NOT saying servers shouldn't close or will never close. For some reason this point keeps getting brought up but it's a different argument. 

2) - He IS saying is that it is rubbish that Sony has only given short notice (less than 30 days), didn't announce it formally but rather through PSN store and then when they did announce it formally, they cut 10 days off the time. This is what he is saying.

Now, if you wish to provide your counterarguments, do so to point 2. Point 1 is NOT what he is saying so providing arguments against shows a complete lack of understanding. 

Or better yet, drop the whole discussion and leave the thread for it's intended purpose is.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

It seems both you and majob have missed what he was saying.

1) - He IS NOT saying servers shouldn't close or will never close. For some reason this point keeps getting brought up but it's a different argument. 

2) - He IS saying is that it is rubbish that Sony has only given short notice (less than 30 days), didn't announce it formally but rather through PSN store and then when they did announce it formally, they cut 10 days off the time. This is what he is saying.

Now, if you wish to provide your counterarguments, do so to point 2. Point 1 is NOT what he is saying so providing arguments against shows a complete lack of understanding. 

Or better yet, drop the whole discussion and leave the thread for it's intended purpose is.

1) Servers being closed is inevitable, especially when a game ages and there is barely anyone playing. This thread is good in keeping up to date on which games will have server shutdowns, but like I said if someone decides to wait until the server announcement and discover they simply don't have the time to get those online trophies, that's their fault.

2) It is rubbish, but Sony is completely within their rights to make short notices of games that will have a shutdown date, they can shut down the servers without any announcement. I don't like the fact that Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale was pushed 10 days early when the original date was October 25th. Since the date is now the 15th players only have a week left before the servers close. It's unprofessional and sloppy.

Sony isn't catering to the trophy hunting community.

If you don't like what I'm saying then you are completely free to ignore me. There is that option available for you to use.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone!

I Confirm that Servers of Modnation Racers are Now Close for All....So its Impossible doing any Trophy Online at the Moment....but you can continue the Career and Finish all Challenges you need for that Trophies....They Desactive the Online Races and the Download and Sharing Thing..... :(

I Hope Everyone Get all Trophies Online and Sorry for Everyone who dont Get....i now this Final Days as be a rush for Everyone get them but this Game is a Pain for XP..... :(

Cya soon and Good Luck for the Futures Trophies Online. ;)

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Can anyone check Crysis 3? I am not home right now. 

I cant connect to Crysis 3, I just keep getting the same error:

"The connection to the Crysis3 server has been lost or cannot be established. You are being returned to the main menu."

FML I hope this is just a temporary issue...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BlackMage__ said:

Server down Crysis 2 now ... 

Server is down. Just checked now. Freezes on Initializing Squad

Lol I just played a few matches until like an hour ago to say goodbye to this awesome game. Didnt expect them to shut it that early in the day o.O

23 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

I cant connect to Crysis 3, I just keep getting the same error:

"The connection to the Crysis3 server has been lost or cannot be established. You are being returned to the main menu."

FML I hope this is just a temporary issue...

Just checked myself, it works, was able to connect to the crysis 3 servers