[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

I have a game which sort of fits with this month's theme: Eventide 2: The Sorcerer's Mirror. It fits because you have to give various answers at parts of the game which are moral choices. For example, at one point you have to fix an amulet for a goblin and when you give it to him you can say either "Here is the amulet for your master, I fixed it" or "I actually tampered with the amulet so it doesn't work right" and be honest with him. If this game doesn't count, that's fine. I do have Infamous Second Son but I really don't like the thought of playing through two playthroughs again. :(

19 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I have a game which sort of fits with this month's theme: Eventide 2: The Sorcerer's Mirror. It fits because you have to give various answers at parts of the game which are moral choices. For example, at one point you have to fix an amulet for a goblin and when you give it to him you can say either "Here is the amulet for your master, I fixed it" or "I actually tampered with the amulet so it doesn't work right" and be honest with him. If this game doesn't count, that's fine. I do have Infamous Second Son but I really don't like the thought of playing through two playthroughs again. :(

Hey CJ_Mystery! :) Would you like to join the event then with those games you have listed?

Well, I don't know if I can achieve the next month(since I don't know about any games that would fit that I would like to play or have the money to buy), but if you don't mind that Eventide 2 isn't as morally ambiguous as games like Infamous(the choices don't really change how the game is played, it just changes what the hero does) I will be glad to join this month.

• Like 1

Just now, CJ_Mystery said:

Well, I don't know if I can achieve the next month(since I don't know about any games that would fit that I would like to play or have the money to buy), but if you don't mind that Eventide 2 isn't as morally ambiguous as games like Infamous(the choices don't really change how the game is played, it just changes what the hero does) I will be glad to join this month.

Don't worry about having to fit the theme every single month, that what you can use your skips for :)! Anyway, I'm not super strict when it comes to fitting the theme exactly, so even if the game has a little reference to the month's theme, then as long as you tell me what it is, then I'd count it for you! I'd count Eventide 2 for this month's theme so if you post your stats for me, I can add you to the main post.

This is how you need to post them:

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy
    ^(NOT PSNP's "Completed Games" stat. Count every game that's ticked off (complete-icon.png) in your profile.
  • Current completion percentage

1 minute ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Don't worry about having to fit the theme every single month, that what you can use your skips for

Okay, I'll remember that I have the option to skip a month if I can't find a game good enough to go for the theme. ;)

Anyway, I'm not super strict when it comes to fitting the theme exactly, so even if the game has a little reference to the month's theme, then as long as you tell me what it is, then I'd count it for you!

All right, I'll add that to the end of this post.

Here are my current stats:

Current # of Platinums: 10
Current # of non-Platinum 100%: 1 (I will work on a 100% only game after every 10 platinums)

Current Completion %: 86.70% (will change today, no doubt)

Now for the game description:

Eventide 2: The Sorcerer's Mirror is a point-and-click adventure from Artifex Mundi. In a surprising move, this game has points in the game where you can answer the game in either a "good" way (being honest, being nice) or an "evil" way (being mean or dishonest) - it doesn't affect anything in the story, just a bit of dialogue after you make your choice, but to get the platinum you have to do two playthroughs and, in the 2nd playthrough, make the opposite choice you made in the first playthrough. It has creatures based off of middle-European folklore and involves a magician trying to bring his wife back to life with dark magic by sacrificing the main character's niece so you have to go rescue her by solving puzzles.

• Like 1

I completed Saints Row the Third for January. This is the sort of game I shouldn't platinum as doing the challenge grind really brought down the whole experience and killed the silly nonsense tone of the game, especially when the platinum is best achieved when all challenges and extras are completed before finishing the story. It has me second guessing whether or not I want to grab SRIV before the server closure... Not a hard platinum by any means, just required way more time than I really wanted to give or felt it deserved.

Not totally sure how the reporting in works but I think I'm eligible for the HCR requirement re: a certain female realigning. I didn't do the dlc so not 100% overall, just platinumed the base game. Also, I would not have played this game any time soon (or maybe even ever) if not for this event (and the server closure) so that challenge is also complete.

• Like 1

Would I be able to join this event please? :)  (Kent has been trying to convince me to join for a few weeks)

My current stats

No of Platinums: 100

No of 100% titles: 22

Current Completion:  92.94%

I'm not sure if this would count for the month as I'm joining over halfway through, but like @CJ_Mystery I have gotten the platinum for Eventide 2 this month and there are some good vs bad choices in the game.  I do plan on also playing Infamous Second Son once Monster Monpiece is finished so hopefully I can get that done too before the month is out.

I figured this would be an innovative way to help me tackle my backlog, and also a great way to meet and chat to people in the PSNP community :)

• Like 3

whass.jpg1L051151.png

So I eventually got this month's theme completed with Eventide 2: The Sorcerer's Mirror. It's a point-and-click title which has several points where you have to make a decision on whether to be good or evil. Unlike more superior games in the theme, it doesn't affect the way the game plays, but it changes a few things like what item you give to an NPC or how you get a story item. Still, one trophy requires you to play the story a second time and make the opposite decisions so it should count. ;)

Might be using my skip for Feb, unless someone is willing to PM me a list of games which involve spurned love for me to check out(since it seems that the "Love" theme is not going to be the option I voted for. While I am no good at games where you get married or have a girlfriend because I know I am the anti-thesis of Cassanova in real life xD, I am not sure I can handle a game which involves you avenging spurned lover).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Might be using my skip for Feb, unless someone is willing to PM me a list of games which involve spurned love for me to check out(since it seems that the "Love" theme is not going to be the option I voted for. While I am no good at games where you get married or have a girlfriend because I know I am the anti-thesis of Cassanova in real life xD, I am not sure I can handle a game which involves you avenging spurned lover).

I'm not entirely sure about this, but if the theme for next month is the revenge/avenged theme then Disgaea 5 might count.  I looked up video games about revenge and that one popped up.  A summary about Disgaea 5 said "This entry into the legendary Disgaea series tells a tale of revenge, and rebellion" and I'm aware that there is a revenge mode in the game.  I know Abbey said earlier she wasn't super strict about fitting the theme exactly, so this game might work :)

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 7:55 AM, Edunstar84 said:

There's...

Asura's Wrath and here's 25 more. God of War is one of them. And here's a different list. I wonder if Batman Telltale has some revenge/avenge elements to it.

2 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I posted a list a couple of days ago. I don't know what games you own, so maybe you have one of them? And it doesn't have to be avenging a spurned lover. It could be someone else. For next month, I'm choosing Tales of Berseria, where the main protagonist will avenge a family member.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'm not entirely sure about this, but if the theme for next month is the revenge/avenged theme then Disgaea 5 might count.  I looked up video games about revenge and that one popped up.  A summary about Disgaea 5 said "This entry into the legendary Disgaea series tells a tale of revenge, and rebellion" and I'm aware that there is a revenge mode in the game.  I know Abbey said earlier she wasn't super strict about fitting the theme exactly, so this game might work :)

As a person that had Plat'ed Disgaea 5, I can say that in this game, almost every character in main game carries some kind of "revengeance desire" - some of them are pretty stupid (well, we're talking about Disgaea... :lol:), but IMO Disgaea 5 is eligible even for Hardcore Challenge.

Spoiler

On a certain moment of the storyline, one of the characters has the chance to complete his/her vengeance.

The biggest problem about completing this game for February's theme could be all the time you would need to complete it - even being an experienced Disgaea player, I've spent more than 100 hours to complete this game, if I'm not wrong, but at least this game was considerably faster than Disgaea 3 and 4 (I spent more than 200 hours to complete each one in PS3...).

• Like 1

On 17/01/2018 at 8:09 PM, CJ_Mystery said:

All right, I'll add that to the end of this post.

Here are my current stats:

Current # of Platinums: 10
Current # of non-Platinum 100%: 1 (I will work on a 100% only game after every 10 platinums)

Current Completion %: 86.70% (will change today, no doubt)

Welcome to the event! :D I've added you to the main post, and if you have any questions, then feel free to ask! :) Oh before I forget, I've counted Eventide 2 for this month's theme for you so well done on finishing it!

14 hours ago, XX_FTW said:

I completed Saints Row the Third for January. This is the sort of game I shouldn't platinum as doing the challenge grind really brought down the whole experience and killed the silly nonsense tone of the game, especially when the platinum is best achieved when all challenges and extras are completed before finishing the story. It has me second guessing whether or not I want to grab SRIV before the server closure... Not a hard platinum by any means, just required way more time than I really wanted to give or felt it deserved.

Not totally sure how the reporting in works but I think I'm eligible for the HCR requirement re: a certain female realigning. I didn't do the dlc so not 100% overall, just platinumed the base game. Also, I would not have played this game any time soon (or maybe even ever) if not for this event (and the server closure) so that challenge is also complete.

Congrats on finishing Saint's Row The Third! :) I've updated your stats for you! That's a shame to hear that you didn't like it very much, but I understand where your coming from. Those challenges can be very tedious and grinding, especially when you have to do them before the end of the game. If you feel like you'd want to come back and do SRIV in the future, then I'd say grab the game and get that trophy that's going to be unobtainable soon, just so you've got it and then a pretty much guaranteed plat in the future. 

14 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Would I be able to join this event please? :)  (Kent has been trying to convince me to join for a few weeks)

My current stats

No of Platinums: 100

No of 100% titles: 22

Current Completion:  92.94%

I'm not sure if this would count for the month as I'm joining over halfway through, but like @CJ_Mystery I have gotten the platinum for Eventide 2 this month and there are some good vs bad choices in the game.  I do plan on also playing Infamous Second Son once Monster Monpiece is finished so hopefully I can get that done too before the month is out.

I figured this would be an innovative way to help me tackle my backlog, and also a great way to meet and chat to people in the PSNP community :)

Hey Mesopithecus! :) Welcome to the event! I've added you to the main post, so if you have any questions about the event, then feel free to ask away! :P Thanks @Kent10201 for being another member to our event! ;) As I've done so for @CJ_Mystery, I've counted Eventide 2 for this month's theme so well done on finishing this month's theme!

I hope you and CJ have fun in the event! It will be lovely to see both of your progress' throughout the year and to get to know you both! :P 

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'd definitely count Disgaea 5 if next month based on what @JoaoQuique has said about the game, so you can @CJ_Mystery can use this if you finish it in time. Does Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep have some sort of revenge element in it? I say that because CJ has it on their profile and if it fits, then it would be great for you to tick it from your list.

2 hours ago, MB_27_Beach said:

I'm working on XBlaze Lost and wonder if it would qualify for the January theme?

If you can tell me how it links to this month's theme, no matter how small, I'll probably count it for you. :) 

I hope you and CJ have fun in the event!

Thanks! ^_^

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

if the theme for next month is the revenge/avenged theme then Disgaea 5 might count.

I'd debate that the revenge motif is against a psycho-tyrant demon called Void Dark and not really "love scorned" but Rizzle said that the theme isn't totally strict. Besides, one of the characters is a really "endowed" demoness whose Overload causes men to fall in love with her(she uses it on her own father, for holy hell! :o) so that could cover the sexual appeal factor connected to Valentine's Day; not like I'll ever get a real girlfriend but this isn't the place to do real-life discussions xD. However, doubts arise about finishing it by the mere 28 days of February considering that some of the trophies are pure cancer. (No offense, but YOU try to do 10 billion damage in one single-target attack!) Still, this month is only half over so I'll have plenty of time to consider it. ;)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

I'd debate that the revenge motif is against a psycho-tyrant demon called Void Dark and not really "love scorned" but Rizzle said that the theme isn't totally strict. Besides, one of the characters is a really "endowed" demoness whose Overload causes men to fall in love with her(she uses it on her own father, for holy hell! :o) so that could cover the sexual appeal factor connected to Valentine's Day; not like I'll ever get a real girlfriend but this isn't the place to do real-life discussions xD. However, doubts arise about finishing it by the mere 28 days of February considering that some of the trophies are pure cancer. (No offense, but YOU try to do 10 billion damage in one single-target attack!) Still, this month is only half over so I'll have plenty of time to consider it. ;)

That's just the name of the theme. Any type of revenge counts if you read the description of the theme at the top of the thread in the poll. 

• Like 1

After doing some research, as well as going through my list of completed games, I have some more suggestions for the revenge theme:

Watch Dogs, Metal Gear Solid V, Mafia 3, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within 2, probably any The Walking Dead, any Samurai Warriors or Dynasty Warriors, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Final Fantasy 13: Lightning Returns, Infamous Second Son, The Wolf Among Us, Murdered: Soul Suspect.

The following games may or may not count, depending on what Abbey thinks - Prey, Alien: Isolation, Resident Evil 7, Heavy Rain, Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

That's just the name of the theme. Any type of revenge counts if you read the description of the theme at the top of the thread in the poll. 

Thank you, I couldn't have put it better myself :).

11 hours ago, MB_27_Beach said:

@RizzleAbbey12  Well finished XBlaze Lost and can honestly way that it doesn't fit this month's theme.  Onto another game!!

Well done on finishing it though! :D What's your plans for your next game?

5 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

After doing some research, as well as going through my list of completed games, I have some more suggestions for the revenge theme:

Watch Dogs, Metal Gear Solid V, Mafia 3, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, The Evil Within 2, probably any The Walking Dead, any Samurai Warriors or Dynasty Warriors, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Final Fantasy 13: Lightning Returns, Infamous Second Son, The Wolf Among Us, Murdered: Soul Suspect.

The following games may or may not count, depending on what Abbey thinks - Prey, Alien: Isolation, Resident Evil 7, Heavy Rain, Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

Thank you for listing some games! :) That's definitely made my choices easier next month!

I'd say that Prey, Alien: Isolation, Heavy Rain and Mirror's Edge Catalyst count, but having not played RE7, I wouldn't be able to say about that one until someone plays/says if it has a revenge element in it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jesaya815 said:

Some great suggestions, I was struggling to find a game that I had in my backlog that fitted the theme but I have a few that you mentioned.  Think I may go with Shadow of Mordor

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MB_27_Beach said:

Well, been thinking of the Revenge/Avenge theme for February.  Might start Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

34 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Hey, that is what I was thinking of!  See who can finish this game the fastest!

Snap! I think I'm going to start Uncharted next month as well ;)!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Some great suggestions, I was struggling to find a game that I had in my backlog that fitted the theme but I have a few that you mentioned.  Think I may go with Shadow of Mordor

I still can't decide what to play next. I wanted to start Horizon Zero Dawn, but now either Shadow of Mordor or Mafia 3 seem like an even better choice. Decisions, decisions... :D