The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

Wednesday_Netflix_series_poster.png

Decent series, it had potential but after 2 or so episodes I kinda lost interest, as it feels like little is happening or things that might sound cool lead nowhere, the writing is quite poor at times and predictable, most characters are very poorly developed, but it is a netflix series so who knows how little time the cast and writers had to work on this.

A second season might work better as an ensemble cast focusing on the entire Adams family, while Wednesday is a entertaining character, and I pretty much stuck with the whole season because of her, her antics do get old after a while, and I am not sure she can carry another season by herself.

• Like 2

p18829068_b_h9_aa.jpg

Alice In Borderland Season 1 and 2

I can't believe that I didn't hear about this at all before I started it, the show is a 10 for me

best showing of an adaptation of the anime style to live action, one of the best TV Show I've ever seen and for sure the best one in the last several years

just pure entertainment, no underhanded motives to push hidden agendas

the story is great, the characters are great, it's consistent, no boring moment, it has amazing pace, the ending doesn't disappoint

I love the violence, some of the best fight scenes in any show ever

I highly recommend it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

alice-in-borderland-2-netflix-review-120

Finished watching Season 2 yesterday which I did really like but I preferred Season just a bit more, There was a bit more melodrama for my tastes which I didn’t particularly care for and also damnnn the plot armor was thick in this one, But with that being said I can’t deny that I still think it was a good season and overall I was very much entertained so that’s all that matters to me.

Edited by blacklight-nero
  • Like 1

Name That Tune (Fox) - Season 3 premiere. S3 will have just celebrity contestants, and an easy-mode Golden Medley (celebrity players don't get an instant game over for missing one song like you would... makes sense, since they play for charity). Tonight they had Chris Jericho, Adam Rippon, Todrick Hall, and Sheryl Swoopes. I liked it, but most of the Bid-a-Note clues were a little too easy tonight.

Lingo (CBS)

A game show that's a lot like Wordle, only with 2 teams competing. Actually, Lingo has been around before Wordle... Game Show Network had a different version in the early 2000s and 2011 with a bingo gameplay mechanic. This new one ditches the bingo, focusing completely on the word guessing. Words you guess sometimes have 6 letters instead of 5. RuPaul did a great job hosting this premiere.

• 2 weeks later...

Sharp Objects (episode 1)

Sharp_Objects_Poster.jpg

A mini-series based on a book by Gillian Flynn (known for Gone Girl), directed by Jean-Marc Vallée (Café de Flore, Dallas Buyers Club, Wild), starring Amy Adams. I was excited about it when it came out, to say the least. Flash-forward to 2023 when I actually sat down to start watching it ?. 

A reporter (Amy Adams) returns to her hometown to work on a serial killer report. Meanwhile, she's trying to deal with her own psychological trauma.

The first episode was great. The first thing that stands out is the directing style, cool techniques, clever transitions. The second thing is the overall vibe which reminds me of the first season of True Detective. The shows have a lot in common, judging by the first episode.

Edited by Slava

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

rewatched all of Luther in anticipation of the new movie that came out this year, season 1-3 were good, season 2 especially had a very interesting concept for a serial killer, but seasons 4 and 5 were hard to watch without falling asleep

Idris Elba is great as always

• 3 weeks later...

p21683600_v_v13_aa.jpg

this is a combo of the TV Show and the two movies

got into Beavis and Butthead for the first time with the 2022 movie "Do The Universe", continued with the 2022 season and went back to the 1996 movie "Do America", became a fan, then went back and watched the 2011 season too, loved it, great show, then watched some of the older episodes as well, finally, watched the new 2023 season, it was kinda meh, some good moments but overall it was kinda weak

Edited by THE BLADE IS ME

500px-Magnumm_PI_logo_2018.png

Magnum P.I.

Season 5 Episode 10 "Charlie Foxtrot"

Kudos to Universal for saving Magnum P.I. (now on NBC), and to CBS Studios for their continued collaboration. Jay Hernandez (Magnum), Perdita Weeks (Higgins), and the rest of the Robin's Nest ohana are in fine form, as always.

The fittingly-titled CF was a good spring finale, kicking up the action a bit with a gang of mercenaries stirring things up. Ten more episodes are yet to come this season... I'm looking forward to them.