Kill Your Completion - CYOA

16 hours ago, FFHannibal said:

Game #4 - Until Dawn

L172c11.png
Trophies: 0 of 19 (0%)
Completion: 47% -> 46.80% (Went down because I played another game as well)
Playtime: 3 hours 28 minutes

So far so good, I'm back at a minimum of 3 hours. I don't think I could've done Until Dawn justice if I didn't. When I made the list I unthinkingly put Until Dawn on the 4th, not realising the ps+ games don't become available until somewhere around 1 or 2 PM. I also couldn't really change it to today, because I'm not going to be around my ps3 or 4 much. That said I'm not sure how much time I can manage for Titan Attacks! today.

I'm pretty sure almost all of us know what kind of game Until Dawn is, and I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before when I played Resident Evil last KYC, but just in case I didn't: I. Don't. Like. Horror. Then why did I put Until Dawn on my list? Good question. I think I put it there because I feel like I'm missing out on a few gems because I can't really handle the genre. I want to get better at it (though I'm not sure how well that's going to go), and I think I managed to do quite good already. I thought Until Dawn would be a safe game to dabble in the genre, because you don't constantly have to do stuff. The hardest parts of the controls are making sure you don't move your controller and QTEs which, excuse me bragging, I'm very good at.
I did require some moral support, so I moved my PS4 and made a sort of family event out of it. My little sister had already seen all of the game and wanted to see me play it. I did ask for no spoilers, but she couldn't help herself at some parts. My mom wandered in a few times and didn't really seem that interested, but when I took a break she asked me how everyone in the game was faring (luckily I could tell her nobody had died... yet).

I wasn't planning to play again after I took a break, but I stopped right at the end of chapter 3. I consulted my sister and SPOILER, she told me nobody could've died yet, and I felt like I had to at least flirt with the chance of losing someone or I hadn't really experienced Until Dawn. So I played some more around midnight (and technically played longer than the allowed day), but I got to the beginning of chapter 5. The real shit has started right now, so I'm not sure how quickly I'll get back to it, but I do want to know how the rest of the story goes.

Out of all the characters I like Mike, Chris and Sam the most. Emily isn't too bad, but I haven't seen that much of her yet. Jess was pretty funny so far. Ashley is really not that smart, but her hysterics are good to make you laugh and relax a bit. Matt is an ass and Joss is just a straight up creep.

Some fun facts:

• My sister was kind enough to tell me whatever scares you the most will show up more often. She was kind enough to tell me after I honestly answered the psychologist.
  • The dramatic music when Chris is searching the lodge with a lighter was a bit too over the top, so I spent most of the time laughing at the violin music and the whispers (so many whispering going on) than actually being scared. I also went through the house 3 or 4 times because I couldn't find the bathroom. (Also how does that lighter not run out?)
  • My sister, despite having seen all of it before and knowing when the jumpscares are, screamed/yelled louder than I did at some of the most ridiculous things (like an Owl flying at you)
  • Apparently I can't see ghosts ?.

Anyway, I like the game a lot. There's no way I'm going to play it alone however, so I'll have to do it in sessions when my family is around. For now I still stand by my reasoning that it's a great game to get into the horror genre. I really can't do jumpscares, but the ones I've encountered so far got the adrenaline coursing, but not at dangerous levels.

Likelihood of me going back and getting the platinum: 70%

So a few things. If you were a teen in the 90s like some of us old folks (ahem) this game was designed to mimic the cheesy 90s jump scares. It pulls it off perfectly. Watch the original Scream (1990 I think) to see what I mean. You will eventually get jaded and appreciate the cheese. 

By mid way through you will HATE emily. I wanted her to die so bad on multiple occasions. Spoiler, she can... ?

@DamagingRob did you play Crysis 3? It's been on my backlog from ps+ forever ago and I never jumped in. 

Edited by Jaguargenie

8 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I added this to my list as well, but I'll probably play something between Titan Sound and this since they're at least partially similar. I'd only heard of it in passing and then saw it on sale and it looked pretty interesting. 

One thing I find amusing is that the EU version plat is over 2.5% rarity while the US version is .71% :D I think this is the first time I haven't ended up playing the most common version of a game. :(

I also read that Jotun is somehow similar to Titan Souls, otherwise I only knew that I had to get the game as I liked the artstyle and found some video-excerpts of it quite interesting.

Speaking of rarity:
I'm suprised that there's nearly double the players on the US-stack but only half the amount of plat achievers. But overall I'm quite surprised that the amount of players is so low.

And another thing I realized.
All the six games I choose either fall into the category of ultra rare plats or uncommon. And all are quite near when it comes to the rarity. xD

Zero Escape: Nonary Games: 31.03%

Rime: 30.98%

Watch_Dogs 2: 27.85% (quite surprising considering the fact that it seems to have online co-op and pvp)

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkuni: 4.59% (seems to be a real grind later on)

Hyper Light Drifter: 3.04% (surprisingly the US-stack is again rarer with 2.45%)

Jotun: 2.39%

Oh wait, This makes me just realize that the EU-stack may be the wrong one for me, as I wanted to use my physical version of the game instead of the download I got as backer reward. xD That should give me the rarer stac. Although the likeliness of me platting this are rather low, I guess.

On 7/3/2017 at 7:38 PM, DamagingRob said:

-And finally Extraction, which seemed pretty similar to Supremacy. Only played it once, so I'm not really sure what the difference is. 

So, correction, that was Turning Point. :/ Extraction was a mode I didn't play during the first 3 days, 'cause it's only available in one of the DLC add ons. I've played it now, and it's a lot like Push the Payload/Siege in Paladins. You either try to keep the cargo moving towards the goal, or try to stop it from making it in time. And yes, you're going to have a hard time pulling me away from this game, when I have any down time. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Hemiak said:

WTH? With the multiple walls of text you posted I assumed you'd played for much longer than this. 

Sorry. I will try to cut the summaries in the future games down to two paragraphs. xD I just liked this game.