What the origin of your PSN name ?

Aranea Highwind

My nick name is Kei, and I also love a style of music called Visual Kei. For those that might not be familiar with this style of music, it's basically a very visual style of band that play rock/metal from Japan. They always have very elaborate costumes, hair an makeup. Just so happens that one of my favorite bands enjoy having a vampire like theme going on. We can here some of these type of songs for some aime openings, like Death Note, Darker than Black, Black Butler etc... That  how i discovered this amazing style of music. Since I already had a similar style, felt like it suited me well. So that's how I came up with the name. 

• Like 1

My nickname det_gittes comes from the name of the main character in one of my favorite movies of all time, Chinatown. The character's name is Detective Jake Gittes, hence det_gittes. My avatar is a picture of Jack Nicholson, who played Detective Gittes in the movie.

• Like 1

Once upon a time in the Dark Ages before the internet I created a comic character named the Midnight Clown. When eventually there was an internet I needed a screenname for the forums I'd join. Midnight Clown was always taken, and I refuse to append numbers to screennames, so I changed the spelling to Midniteklown. After a while, people tended to just call me Klowny, so I changed my name to that. 

I was a bit of a troll in those days and people would say. "Stop being such a troll, Klowny!" and I'd reply, "Troll?!? I'm no troll! Why, I am beloved around here!" And someone said, "Yeah, that's you, beloved Klowny! LOL!"

Then I joined PSN, and naturally Klowny was already taken, so belovedklowny was the only logical way to go. 

Edited by belovedklowny
punctuation

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I always have issues comin up with good names so i used a name generator and when somethin popped up that had i nice ring to it i played with the spelling so voila Vadrael was born.

Btw. like you can imagine i sued a angelic name generator but my main motivation was to have a name that sounds good when entering a MP lobby xD (dont even play MP games but whatever)

It's from 2009 when all I played was World of Warcraft and I was getting bored of my main character who was a warrior. Guild I was in at the time had a clinical shortage of Warlocks and I felt that it was different enough to give it a try and fell in love with the class. The name came about one morning when I was saying out loud whatever popped up in my head and Hayke was the first one that was available and didn't sound completely ridiculous. 7 just happens to be my favorite number and was added at some point when Hayke alone wasn't available on some forum