What the origin of your PSN name ?

Aranea Highwind

Many Christmases ago, around 2003 or so, we were visiting family and playing some game while hanging out (I think it was the PS2 version of The Game of Life. Truly a game for the hardest core of gamers). We were naming our characters and I came up with Zit Meatloaf just to be weird. It got a good laugh and became an inside joke.

Fast forward to 2009 when I got my PS3 and was trying to think of a PSN name the first time I turned it on. I knew I wanted something unique that didn't require any numbers, underscores, etc. Because when you see DragonSlayer352, it most likely means that 351 other people thought of that name already. Same with underscores and such. I know there are some exceptions (like choosing Area51 or something), but they're very few and far between. I checked the availability of ZitMeatloaf and voilá, I had my name.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Grammar
  • Like 1

Back during the Pokemon r/b/y days I named my character sh4d0wz, when I first got my PS3 it was already taken so went with a different varient which was D4rkn3zz, and now that I started trophy hunting I wanted my original gamer name back as I used sh4d0wz for pc gaming also, so I had the bright idea to use my first and last name initials which is cs.

Tldr; 

Original gamer name in the 90s was sh4d0wz(which was taken) and cs is my initials.

• 2 weeks later...

Reina, used to like morning musume growing up. Liked Tanaka Reina the most.

Chii, i like the sound, and its a pretty common nickname in japan. People sometimes pronounce like little kids and it sounds funny. Also, anime chobits.

Edited by Reinachii-
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i feel like i've posted on here before but i didn't see it when i skimmed through.

one of my favourite singers is called emmy the great, i was trying to decide what went well with jade and the almighty was the only thing that sounded good, so it's been my thing for online ever since

It’s from my first email address my mum made for me when I was 11. It’s ‘shark’ for big or older sister (my younger sibling had ‘fishy’) and ‘aya’ for my nickname when I was young, hence ‘sharkyaya’. ?

Edited by sharkyaya
  • Like 2

Back in the day, I used to watch The Vision of Escaflowne (Tenkū no Escaflowne, if you wanna get purist), and one of the villains was named Folken. I started using Folken as my nickname, and one of my buddies started morphing it to folkenio. It also turned into that due to folkenio being unique on the internet, so I got to use it as my account's name.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for a new name, and then this one horse breed randomly came to my mind (gypsy vanner) that at least in my country gets called 'Tinker' so I wanted to use that, so I just added random letters in the end until it looked something I like... idek xD

• 3 weeks later...