PS+ Price Increase (UK, EU, AUS & NZ)

DJROE95

3 hours ago, DJROE95 said:

@FilmFanatic and @Super-Fly Spider-Guy added your info to the first post so more people can see it if thats cool with you guys? 

Anything for the Second Family. :P

Nah, I'm complaining and all, but like, it's not the 10 bucks more a year, less than a dollar a month more wouldn't affect me at all, it's the bullshit behind it. Sony's ahead and Sony's slacking, and I ain't down to pay MORE for that. My money would be better spent on Gold at this point, Gold that I can get for around 40 bucks a year on sale regularly. Joke's on Sony though, since this is the final nail in the coffin, I was just gonna stick with Nintendo for my online anyways when the Switch online thing drops. A classic game every month, and all that online bullshit, for 20 odd a year? Heck yeah. Splatoon 2 has already got more online time out of me than the PS4 has all year.

• Like 1

No matter how much we bitch and moan about the price increase "I'm going to unsubscribe to PSN" type of bitching YOU ARE STILL GOING TO PAY AND STAY SUBSCRIBEDxD

It's still worth the price (I'm not going into details why it's worth it because you can think and weight the options why it is) to stay a PSN MEMBER.

The biggest lie on PSNPROFILES on trophy hunters saying "I won't be renewing my subscription" Oh please ?

We've had great games and yes it might not be good every month but at least we've got some free platinums like

WORLD TOUR TABLE TOP RACING,

GRIM FANDANGO, 

UNTIL DAWN

ROCKET LEAGUE

SPY CHAMELEON

STORIES PATHS OF DESTINY

COLOR GUARDIANS

DAY OF THE TENTACLE

THE DEADLY TOWER OF MONSTERS

EVERYONE GONE TO THE RAPTURE

PRINCE OF PERSIA FORGOTTEN SANDS

and that's just to name a few. 

You know you going to pay it!

They can double the subscription and we will still pay the price ;)

14 minutes ago, DF007gamer said:

No matter how much we bitch and moan about the price increase "I'm going to unsubscribe to PSN" type of bitching YOU ARE STILL GOING TO PAY AND STAY SUBSCRIBEDxD

It's still worth the price (I'm not going into details why it's worth it because you can think and weight the options why it is) to stay a PSN MEMBER.

The biggest lie on PSNPROFILES on trophy hunters saying "I won't be renewing my subscription" Oh please 1f644.png

We've had great games and yes it might not be good every month but at least we've got some free platinums like

WORLD TOUR TABLE TOP RACING,

GRIM FANDANGO, 

UNTIL DAWN

ROCKET LEAGUE

SPY CHAMELEON

STORIES PATHS OF DESTINY

COLOR GUARDIANS

DAY OF THE TENTACLE

THE DEADLY TOWER OF MONSTERS

EVERYONE GONE TO THE RAPTURE

PRINCE OF PERSIA FORGOTTEN SANDS

and that's just to name a few. 

You know you going to pay it!

They can double the subscription and we will still pay the price ;)

Can i just say what an annoying post this is? Not that mine are any better...

• Like 2

Well shit gets more expensive as time goes by that's how the world works.

I still find PS+ for a year for 60 Euors acceptable, but I can understand that for people who do not want PS+ and only want to play online that it's alot of money. Personally I get more than 60 Euros value out of the PS+ games per year easily so it doesn't bother me that much.

At some point though something will have to give, maybe they should think about offering two tiers of PS+ one for MP only and one for MP & the PS+ games. Everyone would be more or less happy then I guess?

I have friends in this situation casual gamers who want to play online with me a few times a year and play only 2-3 games a year. The PS Plus games are almost useless to him, he doesn't have time or want to play those games he just wants to once in a blue moon hop online and play a game of Battlefield together

Edited by tpepper1985

1 minute ago, tpepper1985 said:

At some point though something will have to give, maybe they should think about offering two tiers of PS+ one for MP only and one for MP & the PS+ games. Everyone would be more or less happy then I guess?

I don't think that will ever happen. I think Sony is running its PS+ the way cable companies run their business in America. Bundle a bunch of stuff together, and make everyone pay for it, simply to get the parts they want.

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't think that will ever happen. I think Sony is running its PS+ the way cable companies run their business in America. Bundle a bunch of stuff together, and make everyone pay for it, simply to get the parts they want.

Yeah your probably right, it would result in less money for them I'm sure.

I absolutely agree with the 2 tier subscription. Tier 1 for just online and Tier 2 for the extra games, cloud saves, discounts, auto updates and whatever else is there. I do however think this month and the coming month the ps+ games are good with until dawn and just cause. The other games being open for argument but still considered alright games.

I'm interested to see what firmware 5.0 has to offer though i'm expecting something good this time.

Its always been a month by month proposition for me anyway, simply put, I'm only a member when the PS+ games on PS3 and PS4 are compelling enough to warrant it. If I see a month with a mediocre lineup I don't renew.

Seeing this news will probably force my hand and I'll end up buying a 12 month membership before the price hike. I suppose I'm safe to assume that the price hike won't result in any discernible improvement to the overall performance of the PSN?

Edited by paranoia_agent85

5 minutes ago, paranoia_agent85 said:

Its always been a month by month proposition for me anyway, simply put, I'm only a member when the PS+ games on PS3 and PS4 are compelling enough to warrant it. If I see a month with a mediocre lineup I don't renew.

Seeing this news will probably force my hand and I'll end up buying a 12 month membership before the price hike.

Does a month by month purchase not end up costing you more than the price increased 60 a year now anyway?

Edited by TerraTanium

4 minutes ago, TerraTanium said:

Does a month by month purchase not end up costing you more than the price increased 60 a year now anyway?

Not when I'm only a member around 3-4 months a year on average (playing online muliplayer isn't a big deal for me). Honestly before the last few months how many times do you remember the games they were offering wow you? 

I expected this for the UK with the £ being in the dumpster at the moment, surprised the other regions are getting a hike at the same time.  Might sub up for a couple of years now before the price jump

1 hour ago, StrickenBiged said:

@DJROE95 you might want to add this link to OP: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-28-jelly-deals-heres-where-you-can-get-playstation-plus-before-the-price-increase

Some decent discounts on membership for anyone in the UK who wants to stack. 

prices linked on the Eurogamer page have already been hiked on the sites they link to.  Still better deals but all the resellers have caught on about the price increase now.

• Like 1

I expected it so I bought a year of PS+ when it was at 35€ a few months ago. I find it ridiculous but Sony doesn't have any real competition so I guess they think they can do anything to their players. Personally I don't really care since I buy PS+ only when I need to play online and when I see a good discount, the games they give don't interest me because they give really bad games for PS3 and PS Vita and the PS4 games they give are most of the time bad, or I already possess them.