PS+ Price Increase (UK, EU, AUS & NZ)

DJROE95

Tbh, this is only going to encourage people to use other sites like cdkeys for the discount (though the prices of those sites will probs go up as well). The more the price goes up the more annoying it gets that we can't just pay a base price just to access online multiplayer. It's been AGES since the PS+ games felt worth it in the slightest.

7 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

What if it's not? 1f61d.png (I'm kidding, of course it's fine).

Ha ha ? I thought you'd be fine with it, just wanted to check :D 

I get a lot of value from PS+ with the IGC, psn discounts and the cloud save storage so it's not the end of the world but obviously I'd rather they have kept it at £40 not £50 but like you I'll still subscribe, I'll just be waiting for a sale on the subscription cost in future. 

Well, this sucks. They didn't even give us a reason? Even if it's a bullshit answer, I still expected one. :P

PS+ used to be a no-brainer; it was a great deal, there's no doubt about it. Things aren't as clear these days, though, especially for someone who doesn't play many online games like myself. I mean it's probably still well worth the money assuming they don't completely shit the bed with the PS+ games they offer, but I think most people agree that it's not what it used to be. The cloud saves and extra discounts are nice of course, but it feels like these things are being held to ransom just to make PS+ seem more attractive. The same could be said of the online multiplayer too I guess. The true value of PS+ lies in its monthly games offerings, so I hope we continue getting good games every now and then. I realise that it's too much to ask for the offerings to get better with this price increase. :P

I went ahead and bought another year of PS+ while it's still cheap. At least I won't have to deal price hike with this until 2019.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Well, this sucks. They didn't even give us a reason? Even if it's a bullshit answer, I still expected one. :P

I thought that. Usually it's "to keep bringing you a great service blah blah blah" but it was just straight up we want more money. Bit weird

Well, this blows. Thankfully I recently renewed up to 2019 while the discount was going on. Hopefully there´ll be that sort of deal again (although I have my doubts), as all those sites that offer ps plus from other regions never carry any portuguese ones...

7 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

better not increase in the US, I'll stop subscribing

Eh, that's your call.  There are deals online for PS+ from time to time, maybe once or twice a month.  PS+ is worth it solely for the big discounts you get on some games, good ones too.  $60/yr isn't a big deal.

Will pay it regardless no doubt. I play quite a few multi games on the PS4.

Also, the past few months and next we've had Until Dawn, Tales from the Borderlands and Just Cause 3. If paying an extra £10 mean getting more AAA titles than I'm all for it.

Honestly, we moan and complain, but at the end of the day the overall majority (including myself...) will just swallow it and renew their subscription cause playing these days without online functionalities is just not that fun considering all the coop and mp fun to be had.

They know this! And so they up the price incrementally region per region and see very well that the benefits ($) outweigh the few that do not renew. Simple maths to them...

As long as they keep the free games on par with the last couple of months, I'm good with it. I would rather pay 60 bucks for some good triple A games, than 50 bucks for a slow but sure neverending trickle of shitty indie games :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, grimydawg said:

Eh, that's your call.  There are deals online for PS+ from time to time, maybe once or twice a month.  PS+ is worth it solely for the big discounts you get on some games, good ones too.  $60/yr isn't a big deal.

thats if you go for the deals. Normally i dont go for deals cause my local store will match or beat them with physical copies and normally i dont care about the free games they pitch. Now recently they been doing good but we will see if it continues

• Like 1

Guess it's time to purchase a year or 3 in advance before the 31st like many others. I was very comfortable at 50 a year. Not that 60 is that much more it's just that little bit extra they want to wring out of their userbase. What PSN upgrades are we going to get this time with the money they make. If they introduce name changing in firmware 5.0 we'll know why they're charging extra ^^

What annoys me most about this, it isn't the price increase, it is the fact they aren't explaining why they are doing it.

I don't mind paying it as people just see PS+ for the free games but there are other benefits. I use the cloud saves a lot and also the auto downloads so using the majority of the features. 

Would just be nice to know why being increased. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

They didn't even give us a reason? 

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the PlayStation Store of course :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

I'm going to continue to pay for it because I play multiplayer games on my PS4, so I don't really have a choice. I think it would be better if they charged a smaller price just for the use of their multiplayer service and then an additional price for anyone interested in the 6 games a month. That way, anyone just wanting the multiplayer wouldn't have to pay as much and anyone still wanting to get the games will pay extra. Which would be the normal full price its at now.

• Like 1