PS+ Price Increase (UK, EU, AUS & NZ)

DJROE95

Just had an email from Sony stating that ps+ price will increase 31/08/2017

EU and UK PS+

From 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017 we are changing the prices of PlayStation®Plus.

- Annually, the price will change from £39.99 to £49.99 / €49,99 to €59,99 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from £14.99 to £19.99 / €19,99 to €24,99 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from £5.99 to £6.99 / €6,99 to €7,99 per month.

AUS PS+

- Annually, the price will change from $69.95 to $79.95 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from $27.95 to $33.95 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from $9.95 to $10.95 per month.

NZ PS+

- Annually, the price has not changed from $89.95 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from $32.95 to $39.95 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from $11.95 to $12.95 per month.

What this means for you and If you don’t want to continue with PlayStation®Plus (See spoiler for info).

We will alter the price of a PlayStation®Plus membership at 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017. As you are an existing member, this means that all recurring subscription fees payable by you on or after 31 August 2017will be charged at the new price. Up until 31 August 2017, you may purchase a PlayStation®Plus subscription at the current price, which will then be added (or “stacked on”) to your current membership period.

If you want to prevent your PlayStation®Plus membership continuing at the new price, you will need to cancel it – turn OFF “auto-renew” in your account settings at least 48 hours before your next payment on or after 31 August 2017 is due.

What do you guys think .... I think it sucks, glad I got a couple of years stacked now! 

Thanks to @FilmFanatic and @Super-Fly Spider-Guy for the AUS and NZ prices

Edited by DJROE95
Added more info and formatted
  • Like 1

Just now, lesk8vaincra said:

Same for belgium (and i suppose all of europe):

- Annuellement, le prix va passer de €49,99 à €59,99 par an.
- Trimestriellement, le prix va passer de €19,99 à €24,99 par trimestre.
- Mensuellement, le prix va passer de €6,99 à €7,99 par mois.

Thank you for that info, sucks that it's all of EU getting the price hike too :( 

I'm in New Zealand and the annual price isn't changing but quarterly and monthly prices are.

From 11:01 NZST on 31 August 2017 we are changing the prices of PlayStation®Plus.

- Annually, the price has not changed from $89.95 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from $32.95 to $39.95 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from $11.95 to $12.95 per month.

I got the e-mail just now as well, that came out of nowhere. Wasn't there already a price hike last year? I can't believe it's going up again, after already going up in price recently. I'm the same, my subscription for a year renewed last month, glad it did. I guess that gives people a month in order to pay for a year at the cheaper price.

2 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

Same for belgium (and i suppose all of europe):

- Annuellement, le prix va passer de €49,99 à €59,99 par an.
- Trimestriellement, le prix va passer de €19,99 à €24,99 par trimestre.
- Mensuellement, le prix va passer de €6,99 à €7,99 par mois.

Not a surprise, but i'm from France and got exactly the same email =/

3 minutes ago, DJROE95 said:

@Parker - could you change the topic title to reflect that it's all of Europe getting a price increase please, I can't seem to do it myself :D 

You should be able to change the title by either hitting the edit button on the lower right of the post or by keeping the left mouse button pressed while you hover above it.

@topic:

Meh, the price increase sucks, but luckily I'm safe until November 2019.

• Like 1

Yeah i quickly bought another membership from CD Keys now they are doing them for £33.97 for 12 Months

http://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=PlayStation+Plus

There is codes for Europe and USA here too so get them now whilst they are cheap.

Edit

CD Keys have now raised their price to £37.97 

Edited by DarkSoleride

6 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

You should be able to change the title by either hitting the edit button on the lower right of the post or by keeping the left mouse button pressed while you hover above it.

Ha ha, didn't know that, I was on my phone so I couldn't seem to do it, thank you for the tip :D 

Australia: 

- Annually, the price will change from $69.95 to $79.95 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from $27.95 to $33.95 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from $9.95 to $10.95 per month.

Just checked for the email.

Sorry guys. PS+ has been absolute fucking shit for years now and the only reason I have it at the moment is because someone bought me a year late last year because they knew I'd never pay for it and wanted to get me something they knew I wouldn't have.

80 fucking dollars? Nope. The last couple months of Plus have been decent but not that good. You need to keep it up at that level MINIMUM until December when my sub ends or you've lost me. A bit over 5 years ago I loved this service to death and it pains me to see how far it's fallen. I am aware you can't keep dumping AAA after AAA game but what you're offering right now, outside of the last couple months, is never gonna be worth 80 a year. At best there's 1 in every 5 games they put out that I actually wanna play, I could just buy them on sale for piss all since they're all usually little indie games, and then actually own them forever. PS3 and Vita has been pretty useless in terms of Plus for some time now, so I'd rather just keep the 80 bucks and spend that six and a half odd bucks a month on a dope game on sale. Bet the 12 games I'd end up with at year's end would beat the shit out of the 24 Plus offers.

Never found it worth paying for that subscription so doesn't really affect me, but sucks for anyone who actively uses the service. It's a bit difficult for me to understand why you need to pay to be able to play most online multiplayer games when it's free on PC.

18 minutes ago, DJROE95 said:

@FilmFanatic and @Super-Fly Spider-Guy added your info to the first post so more people can see it if thats cool with you guys? 

What if it's not? ? (I'm kidding, of course it's fine).

I always buy a yearly subscription so the price for me isn't going up. I'll still keep subbing for a long time though (unless the price gets massively jacked up) as I want to be able to play PS4 games online, back up my saves as well as get through all the PS+ games on my backlog.

I'm fairly certain just the free games more than make up for the price and there's also extra discounts on games already on sale.

• Like 1