PS+ Price Increase (UK, EU, AUS & NZ)

DJROE95

33 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I expected it so I bought a year of PS+ when it was at 35€ a few months ago. I find it ridiculous but Sony doesn't have any real competition so I guess they think they can do anything to their players. Personally I don't really care since I buy PS+ only when I need to play online and when I see a good discount, the games they give don't interest me because they give really bad games for PS3 and PS Vita and the PS4 games they give are most of the time bad, or I already possess them.

Yeah, Steam for example is no real competition with their current 12 million players online. And they don't charge anything extra for cloud saves, online multiplayer, etc. They also have an achievement system and collectible cards that may net you some of your funds back. Oh, and you can get a refund if you don't like a game you've bought.

26 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Yeah, Steam for example is no real competition with their current 12 million players online. And they don't charge anything extra for cloud saves, online multiplayer, etc. They also have an achievement system and collectible cards that may net you some of your funds back. Oh, and you can get a refund if you don't like a game you've bought.

I wasn't talking about PC/Steam obviously, maybe I wasn't clear enough even though it was really easy to understand ?  But there is no need to answer like this, is it that hard to not be aggressive when someone doesn't share your opinion ? 

3 minutes ago, itachi-destroyer said:

I wasn't talking about PC/Steam obviously, maybe I wasn't clear enough even though it was really easy to understand 1f644.png  But there is no need to answer like this, is it that hard to not be aggressive when someone doesn't share your opinion ? 

I'm sorry if it seemed like I'm being aggressive. I was just stating facts that PlayStation does have serious competition and not only from the PC market but also from other consoles.

I bought a full year when it was on discount. I'll subscribe for another year if a) there's another good discount 2) good multiplayer games are being released.

Currently I'm playing Uncharted 4 online, but I don't think I'm gonna play it this time next year. I never cared for the monthly PS+ games much, it's just to play online. 

Meh, nobody likes paying more, but the annual increase isn't too bad, what doesn't amuse me is that the quarterly and monthly fees have already been increased previously, and this second increase is creating a bit too much disparity.   £50 for the year but £80 and £84 for quarterly and monthly respectively....that's way too much.   I pay for two subs, thankfully I have over a year left on both, but for anyone paying quarterly or monthly those prices are poor, very poor indeed Sony.   

11 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Australia: 

- Annually, the price will change from $69.95 to $79.95 per annum.
- Quarterly, the price will change from $27.95 to $33.95 per quarter.
- Monthly, the price will change from $9.95 to $10.95 per month.

Just checked for the email.

Sorry guys. PS+ has been absolute fucking shit for years now and the only reason I have it at the moment is because someone bought me a year late last year because they knew I'd never pay for it and wanted to get me something they knew I wouldn't have.

80 fucking dollars? Nope. The last couple months of Plus have been decent but not that good. You need to keep it up at that level MINIMUM until December when my sub ends or you've lost me. A bit over 5 years ago I loved this service to death and it pains me to see how far it's fallen. I am aware you can't keep dumping AAA after AAA game but what you're offering right now, outside of the last couple months, is never gonna be worth 80 a year. At best there's 1 in every 5 games they put out that I actually wanna play, I could just buy them on sale for piss all since they're all usually little indie games, and then actually own them forever. PS3 and Vita has been pretty useless in terms of Plus for some time now, so I'd rather just keep the 80 bucks and spend that six and a half odd bucks a month on a dope game on sale. Bet the 12 games I'd end up with at year's end would beat the shit out of the 24 Plus offers.

Sorry, in my opinion that's bullshit.

I like to play every ps+ game every month for at least 20 minutes and write a little about my experience in my blog. I also write down all prices and if i could buy it somewhere for  a better price. I do it since... 2013 I guess.

And as an Indie game lover every month I find at least 2 great games. sometimes little diamonds, I'd never have payed for bc of  a boring trailer or something and thanks to ps+ I learned that the game with the boring trailer and describtion actually was the most beautyful thing I ever played.. yes that happened here and there.

At the end of the year I like to write together all the games and prices to see what ps+  was worth that year. I count alle games I enjoyed or at least played several hours more than a typical  demo.

Every year I get a price over 350€ and more. (i'm from germany and pay 50€ per annum at the moment)

PS+  is still awesome I love a lot of that games and that I find games that I wouldn't know without it. AND it's worth every penny even if you play only one game for a few days per month.

I don't WANT them to bring AAA, bc I want AAAs as retail in my shelf and the one time i got such a game in ps+ I was actually angry.

Oh and I have a lot of gams I love that need the ps+ for online services... thats the most shitty thing X_X that you MUST have ps+ to play that games even if you dont care for the free games

Edited by Ai-ds_low
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

I don't WANT them to bring AAA, bc I want AAAs as retail in my shelf and the one time i got such a game in ps+ I was actually angry.

Oh and I have a lot of gams I love that need the ps+ for online services... thats the most shitty thing X_X that you MUST have ps+ to play that games even if you dont care for the free games

I'm sorry but THIS is bullshit. So what you're saying is you'd rather spend £40 of your hard earned money on a AAA game that will most likely be shit than be given it for free. What? 

Your second statement I quoted is also confusing. Maybe this guy doesn't care about the free games. Maybe the guy has PS Plus because he wants to play online, even though that it should be free in the first place. The fact that people are actually defending this price change is funny because when Sony notices the fanboys are loving the fact that they are paying more but with no extra benefits they'll do it again, just because they can. 

• Like 1

My sub ends on December this year so i won't be subscribing again they can kiss my ass. 50 a year? Take a fucking seat Sony, the + games are usually shitty indie games, however the past couple of months was actually decent and the same with August, but yeah, I'm done after December. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ai-ds_low said:

Sorry, in my opinion that's bullshit.

I like to play every ps+ game every month for at least 20 minutes and write a little about my experience in my blog. I also write down all prices and if i could buy it somewhere for  a better price. I do it since... 2013 I guess.

And as an Indie game lover every month I find at least 2 great games. sometimes little diamonds, I'd never have payed for bc of  a boring trailer or something and thanks to ps+ I learned that the game with the boring trailer and describtion actually was the most beautyful thing I ever played.. yes that happened here and there.

At the end of the year I like to write together all the games and prices to see what ps+  was worth that year. I count alle games I enjoyed or at least played several hours more than a typical  demo.

Every year I get a price over 350€ and more. (i'm from germany and pay 50€ per annum at the moment)

PS+  is still awesome I love a lot of that games and that I find games that I wouldn't know without it. AND it's worth every penny even if you play only one game for a few days per month.

I'd comment but tbh the opinion of others doesn't affect mine, so I don't feel the need to go around calling other people's take on things bullshit. 

What's bullshit is calling someone else's thoughts bullshit for disagreeing, this is subjective as fuck yo.

Congrats on playing games for 20 minutes and writing about them on the internet though, (that's all I bothered to read) you a real special snowflake, no one else has thought of doing that before, and it's totally not also bullshit.

"Lol Microsoft fanboys having to pay for online"

"There's a subscription service for us? Well it's entirely optional and only if we want free games"

"Oh, we now have to pay for online as well, well who cares what are you poor? It's five dollars a month and we still get the free games"

"What's that? The PS+ games are getting worse and the subscription more expensive? You're only paying for the privilege to play online with your own internet. The games are just an extra and not what the service is about"

And here we are. Watching the growing rationalisation by Sony fanboys about their scummy practices has been quite amusing for the past few years. The PS4 sold almost purely on the negative PR the Xbone generated but now Sony have become just as bad as Microsoft if not worse. $89 a year is actually more than a Gold subscription costs. Glad I've got until 2019 paid off with cheaper options. 

i'm not a PS Plus member, as long as they'll not gonna do something stupid like.... maybe in the future the plus subscription is recommended to enter the PS store or even to log in when you turn the console on or something, then i'm fine.

never like this subscription anyway and i'm not a huge fan of online gaming.

I have had a thought about this and maybe PS Now will be bundled with PS+ when the price goes up.

I think someone else mentioned this also, and it does make sense, especially as any wannabe 5.0 beta testers are being asked if they subscribe to PS Now, so there is something going on there somewhere.

On 29.7.2017 at 2:28 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I'd comment but tbh the opinion of others doesn't affect mine, so I don't feel the need to go around calling other people's take on things bullshit. 

What's bullshit is calling someone else's thoughts bullshit for disagreeing, this is subjective as fuck yo.

Congrats on playing games for 20 minutes and writing about them on the internet though, (that's all I bothered to read) you a real special snowflake, no one else has thought of doing that before, and it's totally not also bullshit.

yeah maybe I got something wrong, this isn't my first language, but in MY language the saying "in my opinion" always means "This is my personal opinion and this is not against you personally" but I have the feeling u didn't understand it that way.

In my opinion (yes, again) the statement you made about the worth of ps+ has no base.

The ppl I know and I talk to about PS+ really appreciate what they get even if they like only one or two games per month. some month are low and some are better, thats finde but it's alway worth more than the money I payed for ps+ thats math.

I only explained my habit to write about it so it's easier to understand where my observation comes from, I don't just 'say' I play all that games, I could prove it and that's where my opinion about the prices is based on. I don't care how you feel about others work or the fact that I'm not the first on with this 'unique' idea as you said :D it just wasn't the point at all.

And yeah, I like to pay 40 bucks on a AAA, bc I always buy it when I already know I will like and play the game. AAA will never be for free in PS+ in the first week, even year. until the moment it could appear in ps+ I already have an opinion about that game and probably already own it and if it is for free in ps+ some time later, it is one game less for free for me bc two options:

1) I already bought it

2) that game it shit imo

It is okay to not like indie games or not to care about the free games, but they are not always completely shit, that depends on your taste and the amount of money you can save if you like the games is huge. And that's not an opinion, to see that you can use your calculator.

I seriously question people who defend this, how much of a fanboy can you be? They raise the price by 10 bucks not because they need money for servers, they're shit anyway and often hosted from another PS4. They raise it because they can and know there's always going to be idiots that defend this shit. 

• Like 1

I expected this would happen after it increased in price in North America last year. I'm already set for PS Plus this year, though I was planning on buying another year or two before the end of August. But unfortunately, I've had a really bad week (or at least past few days); a shelving unit in my room collapsed, so I had to replace that, and then my 8-9 year old computer finally packed in this weekend, so I had to fork out £500 on a new one and Microsoft Office. So I'm gonna be a bit out of pocket for affording a few extras this coming month now.

Anyhow, I'd like to think that with the increase in price, we'd get better PS Plus games each month, but sadly, that doesn't really seem to the case with America.

I kinda wish they'd split PS Plus into different categories, for example, having one tier of membership for just cloud storage, another for cloud storage and online multiplayer, and then another for cloud, online and monthly PS+ games. With each tier being different prices depending on how much they offer.

I could personally do without the PS+ games, especially since there's barely been any good lineups for years now in my opinion.Cloud storage and online multiplayer is mostly what I pay PS Plus for.

Sony will never consider splitting PS+ in just games or just multiplayer subscriptions because they would get less money.

They are a company, and their goal is getting as much money as they can. If we don't stop giving them more money, they will keep raising prices for the same quality of service.

It's really stunning to see people defending this price increase, when Sony is ripping off them 10€ more per year.

I hope that games offered on PS+ on the future will be better, but I'm afraid to say that this won't be the case, and there will be bad months for sure. The reason is that they increased the price in NA and the games have been the same quality, with some good exceptions these two months and a year ago too, what a coincidende :/  after summer 2016 PS+ games quality decreased again, and this will happen in 2017 (I hope I'm wrong with this prediction).

On 29/07/2017 at 1:54 PM, yellowwindow7 said:

i'm not a PS Plus member, as long as they'll not gonna do something stupid like.... maybe in the future the plus subscription is recommended to enter the PS store or even to log in when you turn the console on or something, then i'm fine.

never like this subscription anyway and i'm not a huge fan of online gaming.

Shhh, don't give them any ideas.

• Like 1

I renewed mine for another year some months back (was going to expire in June) so still have almost a year to go... only really using PS+ for the extra games too (and potentially online ps4 trophies but otherwise I barely ever play online on PS4)

Edited by Zanreo