What do you consider to be a high PSN LVL?

Beyondthegrave07

I'm pretty low because I just got into this trophy hunting thing but if I had to rank trophy hunters (not gamers in general) it would go like this)

0 - 5 Noob / Starter

6 - 13 Meh, ok

14 - 20 Dedicated Gamer

21 - 35 Impressive

36 - 50 Outstanding

51 - 75 Damn

76 - 100 One of the greats

Edited by nathan071910
  • Like 3

Well, to establish gaming level, first you have to identify the kind of trophy hunter the gamer is

Casual: Gamer that have many trophy lists but minimum amount of platinums.

1-5 Low

6-15 Medium

16 ... High 

Intermediate

1-15 Low

16-30 Medium

31 ... High

Advanced

1-25 Low

26-40 Medium

41 ... High

Some gamers have PSN level higher than 25, but they have been trophy hunting more than 5 years.

And then you find others that in less time reached 40 or higher.

But if you want me to put all of them together, I'd say that PSN level over 30 is high.

I am level 24, I don't care about play any game even if I just get 1 trophy, but don't ask me to play 100 hours in F2P games that have that hour specific trophy or a game that I don't like. More than playing for trophies I try to join both options so I can get some fun and some trophies as well :D

My ambition is 25 for now and I think it's a pretty good number for a trophy hunter, but I have to say that levels 30+ are really impressive and 40 AMAZING, 50 UAUHHH, 60 that guy even have a life? 70 that guy is paid to do that? and so on xD

People congratulate me for my level sometimes.. or msg me when it goes up.

I mainly judge how dedicated someone is only on Platinums... level makes little difference.

I'm the same - I rarely look at people's levels, it's always their platinums.

That said, I'd say maybe 20+ to be pretty high, and around 35+ to be extremely impressive (to me).

I don't think the level means much. I'm level 13 after being forced to get a new profile due to moving country but in less than 12 months I've almost reached level 14 I'm not a serious trophy hunter. I play games that I enjoy for the most part and if something is going to be a major grind chances are I won't bother doing it. 

I consider the level that I'm currently on, 25, a high level, because, now, I don't feel the need to level up so much as I felt in the past. Before, leveling up was very important to me, but, now, I feel very satisfied with my level and I just want to continue working on my next goal: reach 100 platinums, regardless of trophy level.

Lvls all depends on the person. Some people have high lvls because of skill. Some have them because of time and playing a lot of games. I only get to play a few hrs in the evening and during the weekend. I started a 2nd account about 4 yrs ago after abandoning my original account. If I hadn't started a new account my lvl would probably be 5 lvls higher by now.

It depends a lot on the types of games, completion rating and starting point to mean anything. I consider my level above average, but not really high up at level 29. Guess I consider 35-40 to be high. I'll get there at some point :P, I've only been playing for 3 years.

It's all about perspective. Casual players will be astonished by level 20, while the average trophy hunter might consider it a starting point.

I'd say level 20 is the border that separates hunters from non-hunters. It's this milestone that acts as a turning point to either slow down and reconsider trophy hunting, or keep going with full throttle. It's a high level for casuals, but fairly low for hunters.

Edited by Thropy_Hore

The level actually is pointless and should be recalculated concerning platinums and rarity, respectively in a way that truetrophies calculates the trophy values, in order to be of any validity.

I used TT now to track my games and progress.  I like PSNP's forum and community but find some of the stats unfriendly (DLC counting against completion being the main one).

That has nothing to do with PSN levels though.  I'd say anything over 30 is pretty impressive.  

Edited by audiopile

• 1 year later...

Usually anything higher than mine, but I don't know though. Having a high level doesn't necessarily mean someone is more skilled. They might just play a lot more games or knowingly or unknowingly opt for games that hand out trophies like freebies. But I still always get impressed when I see a level 30+, cause there's at least a lot of dedication that went into it.

I'm actually quite happy with mine considering I only really started to work at getting trophies a couple of years ago, and it takes a while for me to level up so I don't pay attention to it that much.

I think I could maybe go up by five levels or so if I concentrate on completing some old games that I lost interest with. If I played a load of games that I wasn't all that interested in it'd go up a fair amount but I like having my profile (mostly) just showing stuff that I enjoyed playing.

I feel like once you start getting into the double digits that's when you are getting into the high range, and by that I mean people who are enthusiastically hunting trophies. I have many friends who had a PSN well before me and have only started to eclipse that. We aren't talking about people who barely play either; these guys spend a good 25 hrs a week playing games.

Anything past 20 is for all intents and purposes, obsession, or you are a Kinda Funny team member and get codes for everything ever.