Final Fantasy IX out NOW for PS4 worldwide!

Venocide

If they do this right, I'll be super happy. My favorite FF game! But it'll be like a slap in the face if they don't get the trophies right. Fucking disable trophies if you use cheats.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=666073148

cheats:

master all abilities, max level, magic stones and gil, all of that in a button click in the menu    
you can enable always 9999 damage
enable full ATB and Trance meter
speedhack

^ That shit is just completely broken and ruins the gameplay, and people who use it shouldn't get the trophies IMO. Speedhack would be fine though IMO.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

They better not be leaving out FFVIII, though! :shakefist: 

It would be a shame if they leave it out. I was never a big fan of the combat system when I was played it 10+ years ago but I would like to give it another chance, last time I played it I was fairly new to JRPG's so I'm sure I'd be much better at it this time^^. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

If they do this right, I'll be super happy. My favorite FF game! But it'll be like a slap in the face if they don't get the trophies right. Fucking disable trophies if you use cheats.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=666073148

cheats:

master all abilities, max level, magic stones and gil, all of that in a button click in the menu    
you can enable always 9999 damage
enable full ATB and Trance meter
speedhack

^ That shit is just completely broken and ruins the gameplay, and people who use it shouldn't get the trophies IMO. Speedhack would be fine though IMO.

They won't. It was like that for FF VII too. I see it being the same thing here.

Hope they bring over VIII too.

Just now, skateak said:

They won't. It was like that for FF VII too. I see it being the same thing here.

Hope they bring over VIII too.

... :( If they repeat what they did last time it's just going to be a slap in the face. And FF7 wasn't anywhere near as bad as this when it came to the cheats. These are super broken. You can turn them on and never fight an enemy except for the few times you want to for some special side mission or bosses, and when you fight, you do "max" damage (you can break 9999 ;) ) with all abilities on.

5 minutes ago, MMDE said:

... :( If they repeat what they did last time it's just going to be a slap in the face. And FF7 wasn't anywhere near as bad as this when it came to the cheats. These are super broken. You can turn them on and never fight an enemy except for the few times you want to for some special side mission or bosses, and when you fight, you do "max" damage (you can break 9999 ;) ) with all abilities on.

Ah that is true. I didn't read through them carefully. I think they will do Full ATB and Trance + Speedhack + Full Health/MP. That is it.

Edited by skateak

6 minutes ago, skateak said:

Ah that is true. I didn't read through them carefully. I think they will do Full ATB and Trance + Speedhack + Full Health/MP. That is it.

I think they did do all the PC cheats last time...

I really just hope they disable the trophies when you use any cheat other than speedhack, and that there's no 1k skips trophy, maybe just 200? :P 

4 minutes ago, jasondm300 said:

I always feel like I'm in the minority, but IX is one of my least favorite of the numbered ones.  Ill more than likely still buy this, but I like a few others, would appreciate VIII way more

Not to be a total douche here, but FF8's battle system is pretty broken, but I guess with cheats like the PC version of FF9 has, that is broken as well. :( FF9, 7 and 5 has the better battle systems IMO, then FF6, FF8, FF4, FF1 (remakes), FF3, FF2.

I guess the cards stuff in FF8 was better than in FF9, but FF9 had more progression in that regards with the cards being able to evolve.

Edited by MMDE

10 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

If they reuse the Steam Achievements list you guys are all going to be effed. https://steamcommunity.com/stats/377840/achievements

Not really, I love that list, except for the 1k skips. Can't remember if it had a trophy for all the coffee, that'd be awesome as well. Or stuff related to the auction house, or getting all the cards, maybe even highest rank? :D

What totally breaks it is if they allow you to earn trophies after you've enabled cheats. :( The cheats just breaks the gameplay, completely.