Final Fantasy IX out NOW for PS4 worldwide!

Venocide

Don't think the 1000 jumps is exploitable as the rythm changes from slow to fast and then it slows down again. They are timed inputs. Doesn't seem to be that difficult. Got to 200 in half an hour of practice. Will leave this game on the side for now though. Still need to do some things in FFXIV online. Happy hunting. I'm a bit disappointed they added 9999 damage, no encounters and increased speed without any knockback to trophies. But since it's my childhood favourite game, I know I'll go for the platinum. 

Edited by FOX

I love this game.

I've played it so much I actually know where every single item is from memory.

Excalibur II and the skipping one might be the only thing holding me back from Platinum, though.

Edited by Jigsy1

I'm hoping that's the case however while the game is in turbo mode the skipping and the prompts for it are in turbo also. Depending on how quick the prompts fire and how much of a change happens in this state a turbo could possibly work. There seems to so small of a difference at that speed that it may, unfortunately, work.

1 hour ago, TheDaftTool said:

Increased speed does not seem to affect the game clock in the menu so Excalibur II should be ok for those inclined to use it. It would need testing but those with turbo controllers also may be able to exploit the 1000 jumps aswell.

1 hour ago, FOX said:

Don't think the 1000 jumps is exploitable as the rythm changes from slow to fast and then it slows down again. They are timed inputs. Doesn't seem to be that difficult. Got to 200 in half an hour of practice. Will leave this game on the side for now though. Still need to do some things in FFXIV online. Happy hunting. I'm a bit disappointed they added 9999 damage, no encounters and increased speed without any knockback to trophies. But since it's my childhood favourite game, I know I'll go for the platinum. 

The original PS1 version did not work with turbo controllers, so I doubt this would either. The 2016 Steam version could be cheesed with auto-clickers (after modifying them) and/or a mouse though.

Final Fantasy IX is one of my top Final Fantasy games. I actually owned the PS-Classic version and now they release it with trophy support a year later. Still I guess this game is gonna be on my list of games to complete in like a year. I still have to play and complete Final Fantasy X, X-2, Type-0 HD, XV and a boatload of other titles...*Is buried under all my games* HALP!

On 9/19/2017 at 11:52 AM, Lady Blanc said:

I guess I'm in the minority, FF IX was my least favourite of the PS1 era Final Fantasy games, partly due to it's overall character designs, which look extremely goofy when compared to VII and VIII, and thankfully they haven't used that design style since then, it looks atrocious to me. The plot was another thing I didn't like about it, I found it dull enough to the point where I stopped part way through disc 2 and haven't touched it since.

No, Exactly the same feelings I have for FF9. I'm only glad it's being re-released in hope that both 8 and tactics get the same treatment.

• Like 3