Final Fantasy IX out NOW for PS4 worldwide!

Venocide

9 minutes ago, GameOverComesAll said:

Obviously it won't be. The game couldn't have 85 trophies, even if they were all bronze.

I'm definitely interested to see if Excalibur II is one that will be ported over.

The only one I want out is Skip 1000 and those damn cheats disabling the trophies! :D 

Edited by MMDE

14 minutes ago, MMDE said:

The only one I want out is Skip 1000 and those damn cheats disabling the trophies! :D 

I've never earned Excalibur II or skipped 1,000 times, so either one would most likely stop me from getting the platinum trophy.

From what I've read, VII has similar cheats and they do not disable trophies, so I imagine IX will be no different.

1 hour ago, ID-69 said:

Really?

I want to play it so much, but if the platinum requires Excalibur II, I'm not sure if I'll go for it. Speedrunning sucks. 

Considering that's impossible for PAL regions I highly doubt they'd make you do that unless they made some changes.

Still, excited to give this a proper go. Started it on PS3 but apparently I didn't save and couldn't be bothered starting it again. 

1 minute ago, GameOverComesAll said:

I've never earned Excalibur II or skipped 1,000 times, so either one would most likely stop me from getting the platinum trophy.

From what I've read, VII has similar cheats and they do not disable trophies, so I imagine IX will be no different.

FF7 had some of the same cheats, and it was really bad there, but in FF9 it goes way overboard from that too. :(

There's always a hope they disable the trophies when you use cheats. :) 

Excalibur II isn't too bad, but it will be one playthrough dedicated to that. It's technically possible to 100% the game in one playthrough, but doubt anyone will without at least some reloading after doing things like skipping. Some of the missable chests adds time as well, then there's the moogle stuff etc. Honestly, best to just focus on that in one playthrough. Unless you can reset the clock, but IIRC, it doesn't reset, it goes to a different color or something. Can't remember TBH. Anyway, it's not too bad to do legit if you follow guides for it, and there's plenty of guides for it.

5 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Considering that's impossible for PAL regions I highly doubt they'd make you do that unless they made some changes.

Still, excited to give this a proper go. Started it on PS3 but apparently I didn't save and couldn't be bothered starting it again. 

It's not impossible in the PAL version... people don't speedrun the PAL version because it's slower (even if the in-game clock is at the same speed). Though it's pretty balls to do in the PAL version, but I doubt that's what we get anyway and with the cheats, it's a joke. ;) 

Edited by MMDE

23 minutes ago, MMDE said:

FF7 had some of the same cheats, and it was really bad there, but in FF9 it goes way overboard from that too. :(

There's always a hope they disable the trophies when you use cheats. :) 

Excalibur II isn't too bad, but it will be one playthrough dedicated to that. It's technically possible to 100% the game in one playthrough, but doubt anyone will without at least some reloading after doing things like skipping. Some of the missable chests adds time as well, then there's the moogle stuff etc. Honestly, best to just focus on that in one playthrough. Unless you can reset the clock, but IIRC, it doesn't reset, it goes to a different color or something. Can't remember TBH. Anyway, it's not too bad to do legit if you follow guides for it, and there's plenty of guides for it.

There's no reason why they can't disable trophies once cheats are activated, but unless they've received a lot of feedback regarding the issue, I don't have any hope that it will be any different for IX.

I would definitely need to find some tips, as I've cleared IX over 20 times and I'm still not sure how it would be done. Actually, on one play through where the in-game clock was over 90 hours, I decided to see if Excalibur II would be available once the clock went over 99. It does indeed change color, and does not spawn Excalibur II.

4 minutes ago, GameOverComesAll said:

There's no reason why they can't disable trophies once cheats are activated, but unless they've received a lot of feedback regarding the issue, I don't have any hope that it will be any different for IX.

I would definitely need to find some tips, as I've cleared IX over 20 times and I'm still not sure how it would be done. Actually, on one play through where the in-game clock was over 90 hours, I decided to see if Excalibur II would be available once the clock went over 99. It does indeed change color, and does not spawn Excalibur II.

It's a bit extreme in the PAL version, but NA version you got over 2 hours spare time. Because you can save, you can go from checkpoint to checkpoint. Just gotta focus on getting to the next location as fast as possible with the correct gear, abilities and items etc. Watch a speedrun and you'll get the idea.

:) 

Edited by MMDE

32 minutes ago, MMDE said:

It's a bit extreme in the PAL version, but NA version you got over 2 hours spare time. Because you can save, you can go from checkpoint to checkpoint. Just gotta focus on getting to the next location as fast as possible with the correct gear, abilities and items etc. Watch a speedrun and you'll get the idea.

:) 

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought you'd have two hours to work with.

Nice! Fave FF.

It's about time I played this game again (been a while). As long as they don't add that 1000 skips I should be good.

If they have cheats I don't really care if they disable trophies or not. I don't plan on using them (takes the fun out of it for me), but if some people need that then let them use the cheats. I'm not going for fastest plat.