Kill Your Completion V

I just might buy a PSVR set in the Black Friday sale.

Seeing as I'm still one game short... Which PSVR game would you like to hear me nag about, provided I buy a set?

Batman: Arkham VR

Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood

Skyrim VR (only getting this now if I manage to get my hands on the bundle containing it)

Rigs

Also, not 100% sure I'm going to make the deadline on the event but I'll do my best, and I'll just keep on going until I'm at 15 games reviewed.

Edit: just ordered a PSVR set, with Farpoint, not Skyrim. So the list of games I could play for this event is:

Farpoint

Batman: Arkham VR

Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood

Rigs

Edited by Cubone

15 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

Game #7: Fallout 4

Day 18-21

L50d97e.png

So I never played a fallout game before, the only thing I know is what I’ve heard or what I’ve seen.

When you start you was able to create a male or female.. and since I don’t want to look at a male the entire time I made a female character. Don’t worry, my review isn’t only about the character creator. I just did something in a view minutes.

At the start of the game there is someone at the door, that wants to sell you some secure package. After a while I agreed and a little while later. Nuclear strikes happen. You must run away with your spouse and the baby, you are getting passage to the vault. When you are inside you are in some sort of cryo frozen sleep.. But before that, you see that your baby is taken and your partner gets shot.

When you wake up, you must escape the vault and you have to kill some very big bugs. Nothing you can’t handle. When you are outside the exploring begins, and the building of your settlement.

There are main missions and side missions. I’ve done some of both.. and then it was time to continue with the next game.

Really enjoyed fallout 4, so I’ll try and continue playing this every now and then.

Final trophies 7 / 85 (7/51 w/o dlc)

Percentage: 6% (10% w/o dlc)

Completion rate: 51.25%

I am SO bad at this type of huge game... Finished Witcher III earlier this year and I'm doing Skyrim now but before that, started but not finished Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Witcher 2, Witcher 3, Dragon Age (plus both sequels)...

3 hours ago, Cubone said:

I am SO bad at this type of huge game... Finished Witcher III earlier this year and I'm doing Skyrim now but before that, started but not finished Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Witcher 2, Witcher 3, Dragon Age (plus both sequels)...

sounds familiar ... xD

5 hours ago, mking_63 said:

I've been a little delinquent in my absence from this thread for the last two game periods and for that I apologize. I just felt really compelled to focus the majority of my time on Marvel Heroes since I started playing it and that compulsion has paid off as there are a lot of rumours floating around that the server that was supposed to be shut down Dec 31st will actually be shut down sometime today. Fortunately for me, I've already got the plat and 100% safely stashed away on my profile, snatched from the jaws of server death.

Sigh... I've been delinquent and compelled to play nothing but Marvel heroes too. Unfortunately, that compulsion is only that. Only gotten 2 hours of gaming in the last 4 or so days. I would have had the plat if I had til December, but if the rumors are true and it will shut down in less than 2 hours I'm screwed...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Myu said:

The EXP you get at the end of each battle doesn't make sense. Sometimes, you get a strong enemy that takes several turns to beat and you only get 100 EXP, and sometimes you have that weak little thing that gives you 1000EXP. My favourite grinding spot was at the top of the Blue Tower (3rd dungeon), even when I gained access to the second-to-last dungeon. A lvl26 mob can give you more EXP than a lvl40 one. I still don't understand why.

One reason for the weak little ones giving you so much xp is because they are resistant to your mechs attacks. If you are spamming spells on them, they go down fast but your mechs will only do like 0-2 damage on them. Sort of like metal slimes in Dragon Quest. Find the right attack and they drop fast for ++xp, wrong attack and you can beat on them forever until they flee, leaving you high and dry.

I didn't get as far as you when I played earlier this month but so far I would definitely say blue tower would be the best grinding location.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jaguargenie said:

Sigh... I've been delinquent and compelled to play nothing but Marvel heroes too. Unfortunately, that compulsion is only that. Only gotten 2 hours of gaming in the last 4 or so days. I would have had the plat if I had til December, but if the rumors are true and it will shut down in less than 2 hours I'm screwed...

Well good news for you then, it appears we may all have been swept up in a wave of fake news re: premature shutdowns. I was online helping a friend grind xp when the unofficial countdown hit zero and nothing happened. He was online for hours after that working away at it and never got the boot and apparently it's still up now. I suppose it could get shut down at any time and it definitely will get shutdown Dec 31st but as far as I know, you haven't been shut out yet.

@Kevvik The idea that there exists a means or reason to defeat metal slimes is also a myth perpetrated by the media elites for their own twisted agenda. FAKE NEWS! :angry:

mking_63

2 hours ago, mking_63 said:

The idea that there exists a means or reason to defeat metal slimes is also a myth perpetrated by the media elites for their own twisted agenda. FAKE NEWS! :angry:

Errr, ummm....no, of course there isn't....sorry to bother you Mr. President...err, mking_63....

Boy, the orange hair hides well under the crown...

What?  Oh nothing, nothing....nothing to see here...(dispersing)

• Like 2

On 11/24/2017 at 0:32 PM, jasondm300 said:

L51373c.png

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2

2/21 Trophies 9%

Rating D

4 Hours

The second collection in the much loved Mega Man series, this one contains 7-10.  Full disclosure, I have played all of these games in the past.  the biggest reason I got this one was for the challenge mode.  I played quite a few of the challenges, but I wasn't able to get a gold on any of them.  I did get bronzes and a couple silvers.  I also went and started through Mega Man 7 as I hadn't played it since the SNES days.  Personally, I think this collection is weaker than the first.  the first 6 mega mans, especially 2 and 3, are classic games that everyone should play at some point.  7 and 8 are not really good at all.  9 went back to the 8-bit style and felt fresh and inviting, but 10 stagnated the game again.  It is a shame that we will probably never get another true mega man and have to live through fan games and re-releases.  I would, however, not object to a Mega Man X collection that Capcom could release for the PS4, even if it is only X-X6.

Mega Man 7 has some similarities with the Mega Man X series which was also on the SNES. It's not a bad game, but I don't consider it an all time classic like 2 and 3.

Mega Man 8 originally released on the PS1. This was probably one of the last somewhat decent Mega Man games before Capcom decided to put their hero in 3-D. Compared to Super Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, their games sucked in 3-D. Too much dialogue, there was already too much dialogue in the SNES games.

Mega Man 9 and 10 are pretty good though. I played a little bit of both on my alt. Mega Man 9 is hard as fuck though, some pretty difficult level layouts and it's easy to get hit in most of them.

I'm looking forward to a Mega Man X collection too. Maybe in 2018 or 2019.