Longest Gap Between Trophies

dalailama1989

6 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

I love that your profile is the most exciting comeback story on PSNP these days. Do you have music peripherals laying around? I'm 100% confident you could pull off DJ Hero and Rocksmith if you did haha.

I actually do still have the DJ Hero turntables which I'll have to go fish out of a storage unit sometime. I still have my guitar and maintenance accessories too so I can jump back into Rocksmith at any time. I will have to buy a bass guitar (rather not do the emulated bass thing) for the DLC trophies so that's gonna be an expensive 100%, but I'll do what I gotta do. Fortunately rhythm games are my most played genre with thousands of hours spent between a select few games over the years so I am confident I can get to a decent level with enough time and effort.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I actually do still have the DJ Hero turntables which I'll have to go fish out of a storage unit sometime. I still have my guitar and maintenance accessories too so I can jump back into Rocksmith at any time. I will have to buy a bass guitar (rather not do the emulated bass thing) for the DLC trophies so that's gonna be an expensive 100%, but I'll do what I gotta do. Fortunately rhythm games are my most played genre with thousands of hours spent between a select few games over the years so I am confident I can get to a decent level with enough time and effort.

Yeah I mean a quick look at your profile shows me that skill or lack thereof isn't the issue. Crazy question since I suck at games but actually play many stringed instruments: is it even remotely possible to tune your guitar to bass tunings and omit the bottom two strings on the game interface? I tune my guitar to different tunings regularly but I've never tried to make it an actual bass guitar before lol, so this could be a long shot. It would save you getting a whole bass guitar though haha

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

Yeah I mean a quick look at your profile shows me that skill or lack thereof isn't the issue. Crazy question since I suck at games but actually play many stringed instruments: is it even remotely possible to tune your guitar to bass tunings and omit the bottom two strings on the game interface? I tune my guitar to different tunings regularly but I've never tried to make it an actual bass guitar before lol, so this could be a long shot. It would save you getting a whole bass guitar though haha

I'm unfortunately pretty much a guitar noob and unequipped to answer that question as my guitar journey started and ended with the few trophies I unlocked in Rocksmith way back when. In my research I've seen people talk about using the electric guitar to emulate the bass somehow, but I figure if I'm going to take this game seriously I want to train my ability on the real instruments if I can. 

• Like 1

The thing is that from a technical level, you could probably easily trick a machine into believing a guitar was a bass guitar. If you're interested let's talk more on messenger here or PSN to stop spamming the thread, I'd love to see you get that absurdly rare 100% and stringed instruments are kind of a specialty of mine. Buying a whole instrument you don't give a shit about just for completion is a heavy ask so I'd like to see if we can make that easier.

If we're talking about the longest gaps between two subsequent trophies (and not between the first and last earned trophies), I took 3+ year breaks for both Quantic Dream games Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain, just so I could play the story again and enjoy it, instead of grinding out another playthrough immediately. I also returned to Dragon Age: Origins after a 5 year 7 month hiatus, and eventually finished the story and earned the platinum.

My biggest gap between two trophies, however, is for L.A. Noire, at 9 years 3 months 2 weeks. I'd earned the platinum back in 2011, and in 2020 decided to return and clean up the DLC content (which I bought on sale) for the 100%.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got the platinum in The Walking Dead season 1 on PS3 7 years and 10 months after getting my first trophy in the game. I believe the first episode was free back then, so I tried it out and couldn't really get into the game (plus the awful Telltale controls and glitches were a turnoff).

I'm really glad I decided to restart and finish the game. It lived up to its high reputation, despite its atrocious mechanics and technical issues (which are even more glaring after playing on a PS4 Pro for a few years).

• 5 months later...

Here are mine:

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - 2 years, 5 months, 3 weeks (+2 years, 5 months, 2 weeks) 

Couldn't get into it, but wanted to come back one day and finally restarted it for New Years. And Platted it. Then played the rest of the series.

Batman: Arkham Knight - 1 year, 3 months, 1 week (+1 year, 2 months, 2 weeks) / 3 years, 7 months, 3 weeks (+2 years, 4 months, 2 weeks)

Came back to finally finish some of the DLC and to do miscellaneous trophies. Still not Platted.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered - 3 years, 2 months, 4 weeks (+8 months, 4 weeks, 2 days)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered - 3 years, 2 months, 3 weeks (+9 months, 3 days, 11 hours)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered - 3 years, 2 months, 2 weeks (+9 months, 5 days, 1 hour)

So I've been off and on these series for years but after 3 years I finally sat down to Plat all three, and I did. Still have the Speed Runs and Brutal Runs to 100%.

Borderlands 2 - 2 years, 7 months, 3 weeks (+2 years, 7 months, 12 hours)

Like Gat Out of Hell this was a game I just couldn't get into, but really wanted to retry it and loved it the second time. And Platted and 100% it.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - 1 year, 3 months, 4 days (+11 months, 3 weeks, 2 days)

The online kept me from the Plat. Finally got tired if looking at an unfinished game I got with a group of players to finally get all the online trophies done. And Platted.

The Mummy Demastered - 2 years, 2 months, 1 week (+2 years, 2 months, 1 week)

Not sure why it took me this long to come back to the game. Busy with other games maybe? Well Platted.

BioShock Infinite - 3 years, 1 month, 1 week (+2 years, 5 months, 1 week)

Came back to finish both Burial at Sea DLCs. Still don't have the Plat because of the 1999 Mode Run. Lady Comstock scares me too much on the Mode. ?

Doom (2016) - 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks (+2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks)

Did the main online trophies first and it took me 2 years to came back and play the main game. And still have those two annoying armor trophies to 100% But still have the Plat.

Final Fantasy VII - 2 years, 5 months, 1 week (+2 years, 4 months, 2 weeks)

I was annoyed at the Corel's Angel trophy. That's it. Came back and like got it after my second race. And Plat.

Castlevania Anniversary Collection - 2 years, 1 month, 3 weeks (+2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks)

So I've been sick for a while and wanted to do something while I'm stuck inside. So finally finished this collection. I've finally beaten the first Castlevania. That took around 30 years. ? 

Fallout 4 - 5 years, 7 months, 2 weeks (+5 years, 7 months, 2 weeks)

A copy of Fallout 4 came out with my PS4, and it was the only game I had until the next day when I bought Arkham Knight.  Only took me 5 plus years to get back to it.

And I bought the Season Pass 2 years after I first played it so I knew I would be back one day. And Platted and 100% the game as well. ?

Edited by Jamescush147

Fallout 3 took me 4 Years 3 Months to Plat, then another 4 years to 100%. So 8 Years 3 Months to finish it. 

I played it in 2010 and did quite abit, but for the most part I just didn't care for it so I put it down and didn't go back. So 4 years later in 2014 I decided to start it over and managed to enjoy it JUST ENOUGH to Plat it...I still don't love the game (I'm one of the weirdos that prefers FO4). Then in 2018 I bought the DLC in one of the last sales we got for PS3 and finished it up.

Edited by Viper

I recently started playing Tomb Raider Underworld again, after not getting very far and dropping it back in 2012. The gap between trophies is 9 years, 3 months. Pretty sure that's my longest gap.

It's not too bad now that I'm giving it a proper chance, but it's not great either. Also insanely buggy, literally having to follow a guide to avoid all the game breaking bugs, and I had it freeze twice on me within a 10 minute span while killing enemies in one section of the game (supposedly a known issue).

I hope to maybe get around to the newer reboot Tomb Raider trilogy at some point as well. I used to love this series back on the PS1, but started losing love for it when Chronicles came out, and abandoned it completely after Angel of Darkness. Tried to give the series another shot with Underworld back in 2012 after getting the game for dirt cheap, didn't like it, dropped it, and have only bothered to give the series another chance now all these years later.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

Recently I've been on a PS3 spree of replaying or finishing off some games. Some of the ones I've returned to include Saint's Row: The Third (+6.5 years), BioShock (+7.5 years), Assassin's Creed III (+8.5 years), The Cave (+8.5 years), and inFamous (+10 years). BioShock and inFamous required hard mode playthroughs, while Saint's Row and Assassin's Creed were to finish off collectibles and challenges.

Three further PS3 games, however, have extended beyond the 10 year trophy gap:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (+10 years, 1 day, 21 hours), which I returned to shortly after the game's 10 year anniversary for a Crushing difficulty playthrough.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (+10 years, 2 months, 3 weeks), which involved actually going and finishing the campaign.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (+10 years, 2 months, 3 weeks), which now also boasts my longest time to achieve a platinum trophy, at 10 years and 8 months.

Uncharted 2 got platinumed back in 2011 (platinum #2) so it's nice that the other two PS3 games have finally received their due (platinums #112 and #113).

• Like 3

My longest gap is (and hopefully will ever be) 13 years, 4 weeks, 1 day on Super Stardust HD.

It was my first game with trophies and at the time I really wasn't able to do 2 trophies, Late Boomer in particular, but the game is really fun so I recently decided to give it a try, and finally completed it ?

• Like 3

Considering I made this profile as a new one when I bought my PS4, rather than my old PS3 accounts, my longest gap between trophies is actually tied between two games at 7 years, 1 month. The two games in question are Minecraft and Pix the Cat!

Pix the Cat was an interesting one because I thought the concept was super cool when it released for the PS+ games of the month, but then I got discouraged and deleted it for a really long time. Came back to it this month and truly enjoyed the gameplay and challenge it brought. I'm slowly working my way through my old games that I started once upon a time, but who knows when I'll get around to finishing them!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Battle: Los Angeles - 10 years, 11 months, 3 weeks

I just recently bought a used PS3 after not having one for 6 years and only had one more trophy left to 100% the game. You can't even buy this game anymore. 

Edited by MrTacos98

11 years, 10 months to plat LittleBigPlanet. It was one of those one I just slowly picked at over the years, constantly trying to plat it and giving up. I had given up on trying to Ace every level, but it turns out me with 11 more years of video game experience was more than capable. 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2021 at 6:46 PM, AlexDelux said:

My longest gap is (and hopefully will ever be) 13 years, 4 weeks, 1 day on Super Stardust HD.

It was my first game with trophies and at the time I really wasn't able to do 2 trophies, Late Boomer in particular, but the game is really fun so I recently decided to give it a try, and finally completed it ?

Daym that the record here? For me it's 9 years, 2 months on Borderlands started in 2010 and continued in 2019-2020. Still have an incomplete Bayonetta list with latest trophy turning 12 years in a month, guess I have to wait a while longer before returning to it. Promise to finish it by it's 15th birthday if I can even pull it off, remember it was a hard game for me back then. xD

• 10 months later...

LGm0aJ0.png

I really enjoyed Rivals when I first played it on my then new PS4. It was so much fun that I decided to plat the PS3 version. Unfortunately, I got burnt out rather quickly as it's a fairly grindy and repetitive game.

Recently decided to finally finish it up as it was the only NFS game I own that I hadn't earned the platinum for. Not quite as enjoyable as I remember, but still good fun ?