Getting back in the game.

Paleblood

Hey good lookin', thanks for being interested in helping me.

Okay, so I recently took some time off of trophy hunting. (As you can clearly see on my now even more rubbish profile. ?)

But lately I'm kinda having an itch that needs to be scratched.

I'm still trying to find the right amount of trophy hunting for me and as of now, I think I'm on a good way. I really want to do it, I don't feel like I have to.

What I seek help for now, is to find a game that suits me.

Most of you will now look at my profile and recommend Horizon: Zero Dawn I guess. But I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for right now.

I would like to do a challenging but fun plat. One that isn't a complete push-over but also never goes the Mortal Combat IX route.

One that I can be proud of.

As you can guess from looking at my profile I like RPG's but don't exclude any genre really.

I haven't done any really challenging stuff as of now but I kinda wanna(?)

What hard platitum trophy did you really enjoy?

Now because I love to randomly list shit, I will do so.

The plat should be:

• Quite rare (Ultra rare preferably)
  • Challenging but still fun
  • Lenght doesn't matter as long as you don't grind for 50+ hours.
  • Not too old. If it's on PS3 I'd like to have a good reason for firing up that old Lady again.
  • No Mulitplayer grindfest

Oh, and it doesn't have to be on my profile. I'll buy anything if I think I'll enjoy it.

I don't know if you need more information, I think it's already more than anybody really likes to read so I just leave it there for the moment.

Of course feel free to ask me anything and thanks to everyone trying to help in advance.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Joker

Go for the Witcher 3 plat maybe? It looks like you've barely scratched the surface, and the DLC is really worthwhile granting you many more customisation options for your build, and with a fantastic pair of stories to boot. (Blood and Wine in particular has better writing and direction than many full AAA games.) 

28 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Go for the Witcher 3 plat maybe? It looks like you've barely scratched the surface, and the DLC is really worthwhile granting you many more customisation options for your build, and with a fantastic pair of stories to boot. (Blood and Wine in particular has better writing and direction than many full AAA games.) 

I'd totally do that if I hadn't been such a complete idiot. I played the Witcher 3 in early 2016 for about 30 hours but then Dark Souls 3 came out and I abandoned it.

Now I recently started it again, played about 25 hours again, really enjoying it again but... on normal again?.

I totally forgot you have to play on 'Death March' difficulty, and I just can't bring myself to start all over again.

23 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

Go for Red Dead Redemption.

Pretty enjoyable and you'll build some hype for RDR 2.

Don't you have to do like really painful Multiplayer grinding for that one? I'll add that to the OP

Edited by Joker

Just now, Joker said:

I totally forgot you have to play on 'Death March' difficulty

Personally, I started on DM and hated the game. Waay to hard in the early game when you don't have any skills and I wasn't having fun. 

I completed the game on normal at the beginning of this year, and finished White Orchard on NG+ at DM at a slight overlevel thanks to some grinding in my first PT, and with full sets of top-tier armour for my playstyle. DM isn't completely easy on NG+ - you can still die quickly if they whallop you - but it's a hell of a lot more fun. I'm looking forward to resuming this game at some point now and doing everything that I missed trophy-wise in my 1st PT. 

Blood and Wine also has items that let you respec, so once you get that far you can experiment with a few different playstyles, which refreshes things. 

TL;DR - I'd recommend doing it in 2 PTs, I think it's more fun that way.

- How about Far Cry 4? You platted FC3 and 4 takes place in the Himalayas. The MP trophies can be done pretty easily by boosting.

- In a similar genre, Just Cause 3 is quite fun and has an UR platinum. The MP trophies aren't tough, though you will put in a lot of hours. But its very entertaining.

Sounds to me like your criteria fit Revengeance down to a T. It will definitely be one of, if not the, proudest platinum in your collection, as the game is challenging but fun all the way through. It should be doable if you can persist and get a proper feel for its mechanics.

Is a black sheep of the series to most people apparently but i loved Tales of Zestiria. If you do it in 2 playthroughs there really shouldnt be much challenge but you have the option to do it in one so long as you play on hard or higher throughout and do the final boss on chaos. So potential challenge but not strictly necessary if you find it too much so. Can be a bit button mashy if thats a negative for you though. Few hours of grinding but not too bad. Currently 3.68% rarity.

My only UR plat that applies. You seem to be a KH fan and dont have 2 played on profile yet and its 11.72% on Ps4 / 10.32% on Ps3. Final Fantasy IX is still UR though will probably fall out of that in time and does apparently require 20 or so hours of grind. Over 20% i believe but i noticed youre only a few away from finishing Bloodborne as well.

For non UR that i have...Some disagree on the fun bit but theres Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda. Can both be made to be easy as all hell even on the hardest difficulty but generally not by accident. If something sounds too good to be true assume not only that it is true but that you are missing something to boot and then dont go intentionally seeking out getting it in play. Andromeda continues the ME trend of the intended MP trophies still having SP options so no worries with that and minimal grinding on both with them sitting at 6.96% and 6.85% respectively. Then for a final suggestion Tales of Berseria. Grindier, easier, and twice as common as Zestiria's plat but overall a funner game imo. 7.66% rarity.

• Like 1

T3L8kX.jpg

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

One of my all time favorite games from PS1

Currently on 2.73% platinum. I cant really understand why it's so low it's definitely not that hard. Or it's maybe because I've played it a million times.

There's 0 grind involved

I played it casually

and got the follow stats:

All 37 Trophies
July 27th 2017 • Completed in 2 days, 23 hours

3 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Personally, I started on DM and hated the game. Waay to hard in the early game when you don't have any skills and I wasn't having fun. 

I completed the game on normal at the beginning of this year, and finished White Orchard on NG+ at DM at a slight overlevel thanks to some grinding in my first PT, and with full sets of top-tier armour for my playstyle. DM isn't completely easy on NG+ - you can still die quickly if they whallop you - but it's a hell of a lot more fun. I'm looking forward to resuming this game at some point now and doing everything that I missed trophy-wise in my 1st PT. 

Blood and Wine also has items that let you respec, so once you get that far you can experiment with a few different playstyles, which refreshes things. 

TL;DR - I'd recommend doing it in 2 PTs, I think it's more fun that way.

You sold it pretty well for me. I will complete the game on normal and just enjoy for now.

I didn't even know NG+ was a thing in The Witcher 3. I'll probably go for the plat sometime after I'm done with the first playthrough.

Do the Gwent Cards carry over to NG+?

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

- How about Far Cry 4? You platted FC3 and 4 takes place in the Himalayas. The MP trophies can be done pretty easily by boosting.

- In a similar genre, Just Cause 3 is quite fun and has an UR platinum. The MP trophies aren't tough, though you will put in a lot of hours. But its very entertaining.

Far Cry 4 is in my backlog already, but I'll keep Just Cause 3 in the back of my head. I have to check if the multiplayer is something I want to do though.

2 hours ago, NamoPh said:

Sounds to me like your criteria fit Revengeance down to a T. It will definitely be one of, if not the, proudest platinum in your collection, as the game is challenging but fun all the way through. It should be doable if you can persist and get a proper feel for its mechanics.

Funny that you mention, this game is in my backlog aswell and I honestly thought about it. Do you think I can handle? I only ever hear that it's pretty hard.

There aren't any talks of a PS4 Remaster you know of, aren't there?

1 hour ago, TheFalseDeity said:

Is a black sheep of the series to most people apparently but i loved Tales of Zestiria. If you do it in 2 playthroughs there really shouldnt be much challenge but you have the option to do it in one so long as you play on hard or higher throughout and do the final boss on chaos. So potential challenge but not strictly necessary if you find it too much so. Can be a bit button mashy if thats a negative for you though. Few hours of grinding but not too bad. Currently 3.68% rarity.

My only UR plat that applies. You seem to be a KH fan and dont have 2 played on profile yet and its 11.72% on Ps4 / 10.32% on Ps3. Final Fantasy IX is still UR though will probably fall out of that in time and does apparently require 20 or so hours of grind. Over 20% i believe but i noticed youre only a few away from finishing Bloodborne as well.

For non UR that i have...Some disagree on the fun bit but theres Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda. Can both be made to be easy as all hell even on the hardest difficulty but generally not by accident. If something sounds too good to be true assume not only that it is true but that you are missing something to boot and then dont go intentionally seeking out getting it in play. Andromeda continues the ME trend of the intended MP trophies still having SP options so no worries with that and minimal grinding on both with them sitting at 6.96% and 6.85% respectively. Then for a final suggestion Tales of Berseria. Grindier, easier, and twice as common as Zestiria's plat but overall a funner game imo. 7.66% rarity.

Thanks for taking the time and recommending so much stuff!

I've never tried Tales of, though it was always something I wanted to. I think I will look into it a little more.

And yeah, I never came around playing Kingdom Hearts 2 on the PS3, but yesterday I bought the whole collection for the PS4, so maybe I'll go for it there. What I definitely won't do again is Re:Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep ?.

And it's kinda weird with the Souls games for me. I LOOOVE this series but I have zero drive to spefically go for the plat for them. I played through Demon's Souls about 6 times bevor I attempet the plat and so did I with Bloodborne. I will get them one day, because I will play through those games again and again and again... ^^.

Mass Effect was never my cup of tea and I think this train is gone. Dragon Age: Iquisision on the other hand is in my backlog, just haven't started yet.

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

T3L8kX.jpg

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

One of my all time favorite games from PS1

Currently on 2.73% platinum. I cant really understand why it's so low it's definitely not that hard. Or it's maybe because I've played it a million times.

There's 0 grind involved

I played it casually

and got the follow stats:

All 37 Trophies
July 27th 2017 • Completed in 2 days, 23 hours

This sounds like something I can actually see myself doing! Thanks for the reminder, also- in my backlog ?. Totally forgot I own that game.

These are all excellent recommendations though. Thanks for taking the time.

Just now, Joker said:

Do the Gwent Cards carry over to NG+?

No! I also ignored Gwent Cards in NG1, so I will need to watch out for them in my NG+ too. 

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I cant really understand why it's so low

You have it's inclusion on PS+ to thank for that. And I think it was one of the earliest PS+ games for PS4 IIRC, so lots of people might have started it while there weren't that many games out yet. 

Just now, StrickenBiged said:

No! I also ignored Gwent Cards in NG1, so I will need to watch out for them in my NG+ too. 

That's a bummer! I collected pretty much all I could get my hands on. Even progressed the Gwent quest a good bit. But I think I missed one in the very beginning which is a bitch now of course.

• Like 1

How about Metro: Last Light or Dead Nation? The hardest part of Metro is a dlc that adds a new difficulty mode that removes the hud so u need to keep track of ammo, grenades and other consumables. And about Dead Nation, i found the hardest difficulties challenging when played with 2 players so it might give a bit of trouble with 1 player.

4 hours ago, Joker said:

Don't you have to do like really painful Multiplayer grinding for that one? I'll add that to the OP

Considering how long they've been around, I'd be surprised if they were patched out... but there are glitches to make that go MUCH quicker.  If you don't mind that sort of thing.  There are other obnoxious MP trophies IMO, but the grinding might not be an issue.

4 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Kinda nice to hear I'm not the only one that felt that way.  I've gone back on a few occasions to do a "normal" playthrough on The Witcher 3 but honestly, Death March soured the whole thing for me.  I can't really drag myself through the opening hours anymore.  I'll try again eventually, and hopefully it'll stick.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

Why not just continue your existing game? I put it down the first time after reaching Skellige (about 20-30(?) hours in) and was able to pick it straight up again after maybe a year or so of not playing. 

One because I've swapped PS4's since then and I'm not 100% sure I carried the save over (and the old PS4 has been formatted and sold off since, if I didn't).

Two because I really don't like taking extended periods away from a game and starting anywhere from the beginning, personally.  Certainly not in a game that supposedly has such a strong narrative, and what I'd consider dense enough lore that I don't remember anything about it. xD  There's a couple Witchers, a couple of people they know, they're looking for someone... that's about where I'm at.  I think the opening area was called White Orchard.  There's a horse named Roach.

Edited by Dreakon13

I'm on mobile so I can't easily check you profile atm, but I recommend XCOM. Good combination of challenge and fun, and if you like the first one there are several other games you can try in the series. I'd recommend starting with Enemy Unknown and going from there. Can't speak for The Bureau, which isn't a "true" XCOM game, though.

I would say Vanquish on PS3 is pretty challenging. It won't take very long if you are skilled

Or you may want to play the same game as I am now: The Evil Within.

I found it quite fun and challenging. It's also on your profile, any reason that you didn't finish it before?

Edited by PliskinCobra

6 hours ago, Joker said:

Funny that you mention, this game is in my backlog aswell and I honestly thought about it. Do you think I can handle? I only ever hear that it's pretty hard.

There aren't any talks of a PS4 Remaster you know of, aren't there?

There aren't, and it's not very hopeful there will ever be the way Konami and Kojima parted ways. Then again, they don't really need him for a remaster, but I still wouldn't hold my breath. It's all about whether you have the hand-eye co-ordination to reliably pull off perfect parries. If you do it's all a matter of persistence. The dodge move (needs to be purchased) can serve well as a crutch for most of the game, but if memory serves it can't carry you all the way to the platinum.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I don't ever do duplicate trophy lists (aka stacking), but a remaster of this is the one game I would ever make an exception for.

Edited by NamoPh

I found Velocity 2X very enjoyable. Quite fun and offers a good amount of challenge.

But I don't know if you're the type of person who likes indie games. It's also a 2-D style platformer which may or may not be to your liking.

If not, then The Witcher 3 is a good worth going after. It's just really time consuming, around 150 - 200 hours if you decide to do all the DLC along with the base game.