How long have you been playing video games?

ShadowStar83x

I started relatively late. I remember playing arcade games at the pizzeria and console games at my cousins’ or friends’ houses when I was younger. My family had an NES too, and I played it from time to time, but I was more of an outdoor and pretend kid then. What really got me into gaming was The Journeyman Project: Turbo for our new Windows 3.1 Packard Bell PC in 1995 and a copy of Super Mario RPG for our somewhat neglected Super Nintendo in 1996. Haven’t stopped since. Help.

Edited by Zondares

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2017 at 8:52 PM, Hoshi said:

My father's Nintendo when I was 5, 26 years ago. Motor City Patrol was my favorite. I'd spend hours on it, though I never did manage to get out of the first city area.

Similar for me! Original NES, and I think we are the same age. I remember playing the Marios, Kirby, Zelda, some ninja game I picked at a pawn shop, and Battletoads; the list goes on. We eventually got a Playstation and then FFVII, and gaming became my greatest hobby. Now I am pumped to be teaching my kids to play games.

My earliest gaming related memory is playing with my brother on our Mattel Intellivision, this was in 1983 or 84. In 1985 we got a Commodore 64. After that I got an Amiga 500 in 1991 and I've had a PC since 1993. Last christmas I bought a PS4 Pro (my very first Playstation ever) along with a nice 65" 4K HDR TV and that has really revitalized my interest in gaming. Before that I played maybe 2 or 3 games a year but now I have a backlog of about 25 games that I haven't even had time to start yet.

I've also got an Xbox 360 but I haven't used that at all in a few years.

• 2 years later...

I played ps1 games but I was too young to own my own console at that time, my first console that was mine was either a gba sp or a ps2 because I honestly can't remember what I got first.

I still have the gba and it still works but the ps2 got sold when I got a ps3 .(i kinda regret doing that)

Pretty much been gaming all my life. When i was like 1-3 years old i often played games at my cousin's place or uncle's place.

Then when i was like 3 or 4 i got a Gameboy gifted from my cousin. Then with 6-7 i got my N64 from my parents because i had good grades at school.