MediEvil Announced for PS4!

Parker

People say that this is the PSP version but no it is not. In the official blog, it says, "PS4-grade resurrection of the original MediEvil just in time for the game’s 20th anniversary". It is basically the very first game that came out on PS1. You can read here:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/12/09/medievil-returning-to-ps4-in-2018/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dell9300 said:

Just want to make sure everyone realises this will be a remaster of the PSP remake (MediEvil Resurrection) rather than the original PS1 version. Nonetheless it’s sooooo good to see the series return! ?

Are you sure about that?

5 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

No doubt a PSP port since that's what Sony's been doing lately, but when the price is right, I'll get it. I just hope it doesn't suffer from problems like the other PSP ports do.

This isn’t just a simple “port” though.

I may have to get this. I used to pass this game  every time I would go rent games (so nostalgic since I never go to the video stores now) back when PS1 was booming. I never actually picked it up so not sure what to expect. This will all depend if this is just a port to ps4 using the original game (which i probably wouldn't buy) or if this is a total remake of the game.

Cool! This is one of those classics from the PS1 generation I've never played but have always wanted to. Will definitely be picking this up.

Also, what exactly do they mean by "fully remastered"? Pretty sure they used the exact same wording when describing Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy for the first time, yet those ended up being full-blown remakes. I'm assuming it's going to be the PS1 game but just at a much higher resolution. I wish they would just get a PS1 emulator working on the PS4 instead, though.

On 09/12/2017 at 7:41 PM, DarkHpokinsn said:

Are you sure about that?

Well just going by the assets they used in the teaser trailer (the graphics are certainly the PSP remake and, on a lesser note, the logo they've used is the PSP one rather than the original PS1 one). Also bearing in mind they used the PSP version of PaRappa the Rapper for its remaster instead of the original. Having said that though nothing is certain until we get more details.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dell9300 said:

Well just going by the assets they used in the teaser trailer (the graphics are certainly the PSP remake and, on a lesser note, the logo they've used is the PSP one rather than the original PS1 one). Also bearing in mind they used the PSP version of PaRappa the Rapper for its remaster instead of the original. Having said that though nothing is certain until we get more details.

Yeah now that you say that, the zombie at the end of the trailer is from the PSP opening... you can search for any PSP video on YouTube to confirm that.

Also the voice that says "Finally! You can prove yourself as warrior!" is from that one-eyed guy inside Dan's skull (again, from the PSP remake)

Which means... Death and Woden's Brand.

Edited by Lance_87

3 hours ago, dell9300 said:

Ah ok watching it back and looking up the PSP MediEvil I see what your talking about, I thought the zombie was from the PSP game the first time I saw the trailer live. I’ve heard a lot of people don’t really like the remake however so I don’t know why they wouldn’t give it the Nsane Trilogy treatment and completely remake it again. Was the PSP Version of Parappa the Rappa any different from the PS1 version?

On 12/9/2017 at 2:00 PM, fyiByas said:

Agreed, I been hearing it's just a remake of this,

hUROxo5.jpg?2

I’ve heard that this isn’t as good as the original though. Never played it personally.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:49 AM, RainyDusk said:

Conference was so boring and disappointing. I would have preferred a new MediEvil, or new games especially from Sony Japan studios - nope, I'm asking too much.

You shouldn’t have expected a huge announcement, seeing as all the big announcements were at Paris Games week. You should be happy with a remaster as well, a new Medievil wouldn’t make sense right now. Although if the remaster makes good money they might make a new one, you never know.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

I was really hoping for a complete remake of the original, but I get a feeling that it's just a High-Res port of the psp game.

This is from the article posted above: "PS4-grade resurrection of the original MediEvil"

I don't think the wording is a coincidence but I wish I'm wrong though as I didn't really Resurrection that much.

Never played MediEvil, but I was always semi-interested in it, thought about buying the PS1 classic on PS3 a few times, so this is good news for me.

I also hope that with these PS1 classics (Crash too) being remastered/remade recently, it means we may get remakes for the PS1 Spyro trilogy. Nearly 2 decades later and those games still remain some of the best 3D platformers I've ever played.