PS4 and PS3 lists linked

Looukas

Poll for those who already played the PS3 version  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting the PS4 version?

• I want to get it again anyways
    • I would consider getting it again if the list was separate
    • I don't plan on getting the game again

What are your thoughts on this? I feel like this may drive even some hardcore fans away from re-buying the game. And with the sales of previous releases being rather underwhelming, every sale matters at this point to make Capcom consider a fully-fledged sequel in the future. One can only hope, right?

On a side note, I'm normally against multiple trophy lists for basically the same game and I wish some publishers were more cohesive. I mean, some games have multiple lists per region, per platform and it's a bit messy this way.

• Like 1

This is actually great news for me. As I bought the ps3 version for very cheap but havent really started it. I much rather start it on ps4 and complete it. And not have that feeling that 8 should replay it on ps3 with inferior gfx.

I would've liked to have gotten the platinum again.
But I already have this on preorder for both PS4 and Xbox one, I also have on preorder digital mainly was just to get the Okami themes.
And I also have the game on PS2, Wii, and PS3. 
I would've bought it on PC as well but don't think PC has a Physical copy.

I've already pre-ordered it.  For ~$16 (Amazon 20% off pre-orders) it's worth having a physical copy for the collection and to support cheap re-releases.  I'm honestly glad to hear it's a shared list as the PS3 platinum took forever and I've got a ton of other games to play still.  Capcom shows a history of not caring about trophies with their re-releases anyway.

Edited by GamingToups
Double word

5 hours ago, Looukas said:

On a side note, I'm normally against multiple trophy lists for basically the same game and I wish some publishers were more cohesive. I mean, some games have multiple lists per region, per platform and it's a bit messy this way.

I agree for regions, but not for different platforms. At least when the ports come out years after the fact and are sold separately. Not like it's crossbuy. Doubt it even has cross save like most shared list games.

Still buying it though since I never got around to importing the PS3 version, so would like to have another physical copy beside the PS2 one.

I bought a physical and digital copy because I was certain there'd be a new list because Capcom has made a new list for every single re release and I was gonna get it for Platinum 200.  I had everything planned out, my first trophy on Okami was on December 12th 2013 and I got the Platinum on December 24th 2013. I was gonna keep with those same dates and earn the Platinum again on the 24th. I was extremely disappointed to find out there was no new list. But oh well. I just popped my 200th in A Hat in Time and I'm just happy to know I supported Okami and Capcom by buying two copies, and I might replay the game anyways.

Edited by aZombieDictator

I have the original PS2 version and also got the PS3 version for under 5 bucks but never finished it on PS2 and never started it on PS3. Probably get this version for the convenience of playing on PS4 especially since Best Buy is currently offering a $10 savings code with almost any in-store pickup over $10.

Edited by Killbomb