The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

220px-Beverly_Hills_Cop_II.jpg Beverly Hills Cop II

Finally I had seen the third one earlier today, then watched the first and second just now. Is part 3 really bad like so many people say? Maybe a little hokey, but still alright. I just don't think it measures up to the first two, which are so good. BHC 3 overdid the comedy a little. It does keep up the series tradition of excellent soundtracks, with Nile Rodgers' remix of Axel F (the original is good but I like the remix more), and Patti LaBelle returns with "The Right Kinda Lover". You get to see Serge one more time.

Back to BHC2. My favorite tune from 2 is The Pointer Sisters' "Be There" from the cement truck scene featuring Rosewood's lousy driving and one of Axel's greatest lines, "Are you driving with your eyes open... or are you, like using the Force?". For me, part 2 edges out the first by a small margin. It takes a slightly more serious tone than the original but still dishes out a decent helping of comic relief. The Alphabet Bandits make Maitland look tame, and the final showdown is cranked to 11.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 3:13 PM, voodoo_eyes said:

Babyteeth_(film).jpg

220px-Ip_Man_4_poster.png

I just watched that IP Man 4. Those films are amazing. After seeing the 4th one, I had to go back and watch the first two again. I was not a big fan of the third one. But the first and second ones are a masterpiece. They did a great job with these films. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StressEater said:

I just watched that IP Man 4. Those films are amazing. After seeing the 4th one, I had to go back and watch the first two again. I was not a big fan of the third one. But the first and second ones are a masterpiece. They did a great job with these films. 

I think they gradually became worse. They're all fun to watch, but the first one is by far the best.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I think they gradually became worse. They're all fun to watch, but the first one is by far the best.

Yes definitely! I couldn't agree more. The first is by far the best, the second is really good still, but the third and fourth are nowhere near as good. They are still entertaining though. They are now offered in English dubbed but I would not recommend watching them like that. I preferred the subtitles. 

movieposter.jpg

After beating a one-eyed seagull to death and invoking the ire of Neptune (it might alternately have been caused by a spot of undue culinary criticism), a former sparkly vampire seeking artistic redemption (he's got it in my book) becomes stuck on a lighthouse with the Green Goblin and enough liquor to drown a bag of kittens.

A tale as old as time, and one that historically has about a 0.3% chance of ending well. This is my roundabout way of saying this is the furthest fucking thing from a Brazzle Dazzle Day.

A seemingly endless barrage of hallucinations, flatulence, and HOLY FUCKING HELL WILL SOMEONE JUST STOP THAT GODDAMN FOGHORN ALREADY I SWEAR TO GOD follow, and you will be forever scarred by the horrors that await you. But ya gotta know... what's weird is, it might also be one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. Maybe it's just owing to the sensory overload inherent to the proceedings, but man, you will never see a funnier staircase tumble if you live to be 103. And even so, the horror never abates... needless to say, it is not to be missed. Fighting psychotic clown and plant people or whatever is going to be a pleasant night at the Palladium for Mr. Pattinson after this madness...

Edited by AK-1138
  • Like 1

Tarkovsky's SOLARIS from 1972 (original one in Russian with English subs, Got a great deal -> Bluray with all of Tarkovsky's movies in HD remaster.)

Was epic, very surreal, bit creepy, very thought provoking. If you're into something out of the ordinary this is a must watch. 

It's a bit Sci Fi, horror and philosophy with great cinematography. You can really see where a lot of big movie makers got their inspiration from.

Same as Kurosawa. Also a great filmmaker btw.

solaris-1972-E5M79W.jpg

Edited by Julius Spin
  • Like 4

PhknK1j.jpg

Well, I did rewatch, for the 1st time, The Shining a few days ago, and it's still an amazing movie, so it is pretty hard not to compare Doctor Sleep to it, it is also the sequel after all too. I would say it's just like with Stephen King's books, the feel of his older books is so different from his new ones, and so are these two movies. I had fun with this movie, even if it was 2 and half hours it managed to be entertaining, but the griping, menacing atmosphere of the prequel (with no jumpscares) is just not there for me in DS, the use of sound in the 1st one is masterful as is the directing, here it's just good, nothing memorable. Overall 7/10 from me, rewatch potential for me is very low.

• Like 1

Child's Play (2019)

MV5BNTNlNjIxNjktOWUyMS00YWY5LWEwZGItMjZmODJlZWNiZGM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4NjY5OTQ@._V1_.jpg

Not as good as classic Chucky, but it was okay...

Spoiler

Nothing supernatural involved, basically A.I. gone crazy (almost yandere-like) because a disgruntled employee removed safety protocols on a doll before killing himself. ?