The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

maxresdefault.jpg

I was successfully psy-op'd into watching this from all the meme edits people made but I think it lives up to all that. I like the animation style and the whole thing made me think if I saw it as a kid while sick I would have thought it was a bizarre fever dream but in a good way since it has its own charm. It was also hard to see the certain scenes people made edits of and not laugh because I couldn't help but automatically picture the songs playing in my head ? Along with Dr. Livesy just being a jolly fellow John Silver has some pretty hard lines.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I was successfully psy-op'd into watching this 

Lol, nice. I've lived in Russia all my life and even I haven't seen it (yet). I knew about it before the memes of course, and had more access to it since you could catch it on TV sometimes. But I somehow avoided it.

I had to google to see why this version is called Return to Treasure Island instead of just Treasure Island. Apparently, it's the localized version that cut out a lot of stuff. Mainly, the live action music numbers. I guess I can see why they'd do it ?.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slava said:

Lol, nice. I've lived in Russia all my life and even I haven't seen it (yet). I knew about it before the memes of course, and had more access to it since you could catch it on TV sometimes. But I somehow avoided it.

I had to google to see why this version is called Return to Treasure Island instead of just Treasure Island. Apparently, it's the localized version that cut out a lot of stuff. Mainly, the live action music numbers. I guess I can see why they'd do it 1f604.png.

Oh so there are supposed to be more music segments ? I was wondering why there was only that one animated musical segment. I'm also pretty sure in the one I watched Livesy didn't say the "Rum and death should mean the same thing to you" line which I think is the only difference I noticed. At least they kept his Gigachad walk ?

• Like 1

So, I just saw the new Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse and, holy shit, I doubt there will be another animated film this year that will be as good as this one. Amazing film which is a lot better than the first one. Normally I would wait to post the last 4 movies I saw, but this one deserves the main spot, that good was this movie. Totally recommend it to everyone, I can't  stop smiling thinking about this movie, had really high expectations but they were totally exceeded.

image.png

EDIT:

Saw it once again and loved the soundtrack so much got obsessed with it and listened to a lot of Metro Boomin music lol. Even saw the short video he did for his album before this one. Also, I think the Little Mermaid wasn't that bad actually, might be because I never saw the original though. 

Captura-de-pantalla-2023-06-05-212354.pn

Edited by Caquis_1
  • Like 3

Funny thing, I think the last movie I watched was Hot Wheels Acceleracers: The Ultimate Race on dvd. It's been a hot minute since I've watched any new movies but Acceleracers dominated my childhood despite it being 4 straight-to-dvd, heavily underfunded animated movies that were forced to leave on a cliffhanger because of Mattel.

rewatched for the 2nd time each

John Wick - 2014

John Wick Chapter 2 - 2017

John Wick Chapter 3 Parabellum - 2019

and watched for the first time

John Wick Chapter 4 - 2023

what a great experience to see 4 John Wick movies in order in just a few days, very solid franchise overall

my ranking: 1 > 2 > 4 > 3

I forgot how good the action is in 1 and 2

in 3, the middle the part is the worst point in all these movies

4 is just solid overall, but they could've definitely cut the dragged out club part and it would've improved the pacing

Edited by EDGES
  • Like 3

A Quiet Place

Excellent idea and filming with all this silence. Too bad I was getting far too annoyed with nobody ever closing any doors in a world swarmed by monsters. Apparently, doors have become a lost technology in this world. Trapdoors and car doors remain functional, but closing the door on a house, even if only to muffle sound? Preposterous! Also, random drama nail that should not exist.

• Like 1

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdLs9nAXJFakBI99ix42E

It's very cool how nothing seems like it really is.

What initially appears to be a bored upper-middle class married couple going to therapy to fix there marriage, turns out to be two top assassins fulfilling a bunch of risky missions.

Not only are they highly trained operatives, they work for competing agencies and ultimately assigned to kill each other.

John flies by the seat of his pants, and somehow manages to emerge unscathed.

Meanwhile Jane is the opposite. She's very organized and detailed oriented.

Initially they don’t realize they’re each other’s mark, but when they do, the action accelerates to a fevered pace.

The mind games alone are spectacular. You have to pay very close attention to what’s happening or you miss a lot of nuances.

There’s a lot of back and forth banter between John and Jane with some very subtle steamy double meanings.

Could this happen in real life? Not a chance. Which makes the movie even more entertaining and fun to watch.

For me, this movie is a classic and never gets old. ✌️?

• Like 3

MV5BZjY5ZjQyMjMtMmEwOC00Nzc2LTllYTItMmU2MzJjNTg1NjY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ1MTMzMDQ@._V1_.jpg

Another movie I have been psy-op'd into seeing because of meme edits and yeah it's pretty good. Kind of like Bladerunner 2049 I feel like this would have been a good experience in the theater had I saw it which is funny considering both have Ryan Gosling in it. But yeah, it's a cool premise with it being about a stunt driver that is the getaway driver for criminals and has a good cast of other actors like Bryan Cranston and Ron Perlman in it. I expected Driver to talk more but him not talking much made him cool and now I fully understand about Ryan Gosling being literally me.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Crzy Minus said:

If I had a takeaway from the new Transformers movie it'd be going on a trip to Cusco and Machu Picchu someday.

Glad the movie kinda promotes tourism to Peru, we have lots of nice places apart from those but there is a lot of insecurity which sucks a lot. Talking about the movie, is it really that bad? I may see it this thursday and wanna be prepared to be disappointed or if there are something of quality to be redeemed lol

16 hours ago, Caquis_1 said:

Glad the movie kinda promotes tourism to Peru, we have lots of nice places apart from those but there is a lot of insecurity which sucks a lot. Talking about the movie, is it really that bad? I may see it this thursday and wanna be prepared to be disappointed or if there are something of quality to be redeemed lol

The movie itself personally is not good but I didn't found it terrible either. Most of the jokes and dialogue fall flat through but it's still a significant improvement from the cringe humor (even sexist and stereotypical aspects) from the Michael Bay movies, even the action felt like an improvement. I hadn't seen a Transformers movie since the 4th Bay one prior to this one, and overall I found it very flawed but also pretty innocuous for a mindless action movie with some goofy fun. I'd say it's one of the better Transformers movies I've seen, and that's not really saying a lot.

Edited by Crzy Minus

11 minutes ago, Crzy Minus said:

The movie itself personally is not good but I didn't found it terrible either. Most of the jokes and dialogue fall flat through but it's still a significant improvement from the cringe humor (even sexist and stereotypical aspects) from the Michael Bay movies. I hadn't seen a Transformers movie since the 4th Bay one prior to this one, and overall I found it very flawed but also pretty innocuous for a mindless action movie with some goofy fun. I'd say it's one of the better Transformers movies I've seen, and that's not really saying a lot.

Do treat yourself to Bumblebee. It's very different from the others, I'd even call it a good movie.

• Like 1