The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

How was it?

I guess it's an alright movie. Hidden blade is there, parkour is there, Abstergo is there and so on but the plot and story is what I don't like about this movie. I guess... the games is better than this movie. 

9 minutes ago, Revvie said:

I guess it's an alright movie. Hidden blade is there, parkour is there, Abstergo is there and so on but the plot and story is what I don't like about this movie. I guess... the games is better than this movie. 

Sounds like the Prince of Persia movie all over again :| .

Too lazy to get the posters, but I recently watched The Secret Life of Pets, Sing, The Angry Birds Movie, and Trolls in my own personal "shitty animated kids movies that have been recently released" marathon. All of them were very mediocre and forgettable. I probably enjoyed Sing the most out of the bunch, even if it was dull to watch. Trolls was the worst out of all of them for it contained several things I particularly dislike:

- Shitty pop music
- Abundance of random singing/musical numbers
- Justin Timberlake (more specifically, his music)
- Maximum cringe
- Bad writing
- Bland plotline

Though I guess having a bland plotline and bad writing could be said for all of these... Now on the other hand I also watched Passengers, which was okay. I think the idea is actually quite interesting, but the movie itself made me quite anxious in some parts due to the whole idea of it.

Oh, and I watched the excellent Coraline again, which I believe helps prove that not all 'kids' movies released in recent years have to be pointless drivel with flashy bright colors (*looking back at my earlier movie selections*). 

Edited by Waffles
  • Like 3

Happy to find another who likes Coraline! It's beautifully done, and a good story. I re-watched it recently also.

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events is on Netflix since Friday the 13th [01-13-2017.]  It feels like a movie(s), but better, by far and large, than the actual older movie.

First 4 books are in Netflix series 1st season, each 2-episode set comprise 1 book. A Bad Beginning watched on Friday, Reptile Room watched on Saturday. Excellently done. If you ever read the books, or not, the style is peculiar and so dramatic and sad, but simply genius, and humorous. 

lemonyheader.jpg

• Like 2

The Road

MV5BMTAwNzk4NTU3NDReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDg3

A beautiful story about a man and his son trying to survive in a dangerous post-apocalyptic world. I really liked the setting and the somewhat emotional story really grabbed me. I really recommend everyone to watch this movie!

Enjoyment: 9/10

• Like 1