The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

ghost_in_the_shell.jpg

Some friends, who are not into anime, found the movie boring.

As for me, an otaku who watched every animation made so far and read the manga quite recently, the movie failed to be everything that Ghost In the Shell is. We dont have the badass hacker and strategist Major, Section 9 is not that incredible, well-oiled machine and there are parts here and there that were taken from the different animations just because they are good, not because they add something relevant. I went to the cinema with a low expectation and still got disappointed.

Ghost in the Shell

ghost_in_the_shell.jpg

As someone who hasn't seen the source material in years, I thought it was okay. I went in not expecting much and actually thought it was better than I expected it to be. I'm still not a fan of ScarJo playing the lead role and the whitewashing and this and that, but she did an *alright* job. I thought the SFX and some of the fight scenes were well done as well. I went and saw it with my sister and her boyfriend, her boyfriend (who enjoys anime and has seen the original) liked it and my sister (who doesn't really watch anime, but she saw the original before this) liked it even better than the original.

Related image

This was a really great film. This film serves as a perfect example of how you don't need CGI to make it captivating and exhilarating for the audience. Scott Adkins does it yet again with his awesome martial arts skills and shows us that Yuri Boyka is the most complete fighter in the world. I highly recommend seeing this film as well as the entire Undisputed series. Have a Great day! :)

• Like 1