The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

I saw Rogue One.  Hollywood is too cliche.  The brave soul will always get killed but he will die is someones arms. 

Spoiler

The arch nemesis will have a face to face with the arch protagonist (and the protagonist will of course best them). 

The movie was too predictable and had too much cheese. 

Spoiler

A ship always explodes against another, except when they need a tiny ship to push a massive destroyer and build up enough momentum to destroy another destroyer?

Uh huh...  Whats the deal with the blind dude?  Not about that.  And the cgi cameo at the very end?  a load of crap. 

The movie definitely had its moments though.  It was good to get a background to 'a new hope'.  Overall, it was a 6/10, but I'm rounding up for legacy.  Stand alone, it is a 5.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 6:22 AM, dmsleight said:

I saw Rogue One.  Hollywood is too cliche.  The brave soul will always get killed but he will die is someones arms. 

Reveal hidden contents

The arch nemesis will have a face to face with the arch protagonist (and the protagonist will of course best them). 

The movie was too predictable and had too much cheese. 

Reveal hidden contents

A ship always explodes against another, except when they need a tiny ship to push a massive destroyer and build up enough momentum to destroy another destroyer?

Uh huh...  Whats the deal with the blind dude?  Not about that.  And the cgi cameo at the very end?  a load of crap. 

The movie definitely had its moments though.  It was good to get a background to 'a new hope'.  Overall, it was a 6/10, but I'm rounding up for legacy.  Stand alone, it is a 5.

What would have been a better ending then? Wouldn't literally any ending other than the heroes dying have been textbook cliche?

We all know they succeed in stealing the death star plans, so I'm struggling to think of a scenario/resolution that would please you, the fan. 

Lastly, why was the character at the end "a load of crap?" Given that the end of Rogue One leads directly into the events of A New Hope, did the cameo really piss you off THAT much?

11 hours ago, TheLakota said:

What would have been a better ending then? Wouldn't literally any ending other than the heroes dying have been textbook cliche?

We all know they succeed in stealing the death star plans, so I'm struggling to think of a scenario/resolution that would please you, the fan. 

Lastly, why was the character at the end "a load of crap?" Given that the end of Rogue One leads directly into the events of A New Hope, did the cameo really piss you off THAT much?

The movie is a bit personal for you?  Your comments about the ending don't seem to relate to my comments, so I have no defense.  And no, I am not so emotionally invested in any movie that a 3 second cameo pissed me off.  But it was bad.  She looked fake, and dead eyed and I thought it was a bad idea.  From headlines on the internet, many many people thought it was bad too. 

I just watched "The Girl on the Train". It was awful.

20 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Well, I personally hated myself. But in answering your "struggle", a good story, that didn't rely on a whole bunch of lucky nonsense, would have helped. Yes, we know they succeeded in stealing the Death Star's plans, but did it have to go down in such a stupid way? Could we, for ONCE, see a well-planned battle strategy from the rebels? We haven't seen one since their escape from Hoth in Empire. 

I personally despise movies where everyone acts in the dumbest way possible in order to achieve an end (see, e.g., The Girl on the Train). I would be pleased to believe that the Rebellion is actually a useful, thinking entity, and not the completely, utterly lost group of losers it always seems to be (this seems to have carried over into Episode 7 as well, but I won't even start on that).

Edited by starcrunch061