The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

Saw a TV Movie last night [ recorded ] on Talking Pictures:

The Brides in the Bath [ 2003 ]

A Dramatisation of the  real life case of Serial Killer and Bigamist, George Joseph Smith who was hanged for the murders of 3 of his 8 wives in 1915, by drowning them in baths and tried to make them look like accidents.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395481/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Fan made film. Stumbled across this by accident. It's really well made.

That Xenomorph looks pretty good for a fan-film. It's also interesting because there was a comic a long time ago where it was a Predator in WWI so I wonder if that was the inspiration for it.

• Like 3

Watched Ferrari this week and got to say I was a little disappointed. It was quite a dull movie, and how can you make Ferraris dull?! I don’t know much about Enzo himself so it was interesting to learn a bit more about him but if the portrayal by Adam Driver is correct it still completely flattened the atmosphere of the movie. Penelope Cruz did her best to liven it up. The racing scenes were well done but not enough of them for my liking. A graphic, poor CGI crash also gave the movie an anticlimactic ending. 

• Like 3

Watched the Gran Turismo movie yesterday. It wasn't as bad as I expected. Tbh, I actually felt quite entertained. Some things seemed rather unrealistic to me and sometimes I felt like the makers of the movie tried to pack as much content into the movie as possible, which made it feel a little shallow at times.

Altogether, though, I liked the movie and gave it a double thumbs up on Netflix. 

• Like 4

On 3/3/2024 at 7:29 AM, Redgrave said:

That Xenomorph looks pretty good for a fan-film. It's also interesting because there was a comic a long time ago where it was a Predator in WWI so I wonder if that was the inspiration for it.

Yeah, most probably. And I never saw that comic. but most probably. Some fan films are really good, yeah.

Roadhouse (original)

Cape Fear (Deniro)

Dog Soldiers

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slava said:

Speaking of which, it's the most shonen anime-like scene in the trilogy, or probably, in the entire history of western cinema. Comically heavy rain acts as a tool to show how much power Neo and Smith wield - their mid-air attacks create shockwaves that may remind you of something like Dragon Ball Z (I don't know, I watched other shows). I'd lie if I said I didn't enjoy them. And since the fight is 1 on 1, the other parts of it don't rely on the CGI too much - there's only one goofy looking slo-mo shot. The rest is the familiar martial arts choreography.

I have no doubt that DBZ inspired it in some way. The only thing missing was the fight being extended by three hours where Smith is about to lose but he then charges up to reveal that he has an Ultra Smith form, and then Neo powers up becoming Super Neo.

Believe it or not though, The Path of Neo game that was released on the PS2 does something else not too far off. After Smith gets the slow-mo punch it cuts to the Wachowski's coming in and explaining that they wanted to make the boss fight bigger and so all the Smiths band together to fuse parts of the city to become Mecha Smith. We were robbed of this being the true ending.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I have no doubt that DBZ inspired it in some way. The only thing missing was the fight being extended by three hours where Smith is about to lose but he then charges up to reveal that he has an Ultra Smith form, and then Neo powers up becoming Super Neo.

And lots of screaming too 😁.

The decision to give Smith (and other agents before him) off-screen upgrades between the movies was probably for the better.

10 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Believe it or not though, The Path of Neo game that was released on the PS2 does something else not too far off. After Smith gets the slow-mo punch it cuts to the Wachowski's coming in and explaining that they wanted to make the boss fight bigger and so all the Smiths band together to fuse parts of the city to become Mecha Smith. We were robbed of this being the true ending.

Damn. This is wild. Even a seasoned 4th wall breaker like Hideo Kojima wouldn't do this. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Slava said:

And lots of screaming too 😁.

The decision to give Smith (and other agents before him) off-screen upgrades between the movies was probably for the better.

Damn. This is wild. Even a seasoned 4th wall breaker like Hideo Kojima wouldn't do this. 

Yeah I always assumed that the agents would always be getting upgrades especially after someone like Neo shows up.

It's also a lot of effort for a movie tie-in game too since I don't think any other ones really tried something like that :P

• Like 1