The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

Nimona

Bd18tze.jpeg

Honestly, it was a little hard to watch Nimona after such great animated films as Spider-Verse and a bunch of Ghibli masterpieces. It doesn't look as good, the writing is not as good, etc. But it gets the job done.

The idea and the message are simple, and the film goes straight to the point. The closest comparison is probably Shrek, only here, Nimona is Shrek and Donkey at the same time. It's also probably the gayest animated film I've seen since Evangelion 3.33 😁.

P.S. I like the fact that I've basically watched every animated movie nominated for this year's Academy Award except for the latest Pixar offering, which is the opposite of what would happen 10 years ago or so. Not that I care who was nominated - I'd watch all of these films regardless. Feels good.

• Like 4

Here's what I've seen since the last time I reported on movies I've seen:

A Walk in The Woods (3/23/2024)

Collective (3/23/2024)

Immaculate (3/23/2024)

Dallas Buyers Club (3/23/2024)

The Devils (3/24/2024)

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (3/24/2024)

The Glorias (3/24/2024)

The Iron Lady (3/24/2024)

Never Rarely Sometimes Always (3/24/2024)

The Constant Gardener (3/25/2024)

Suffragette (3/25/2024)

The Way Back (3/25/2024)

Dead Presidents (3/25/2024)

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (3/25/2024)

Sexy Beast (3/26/2024)

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (3/26/2024)

Out Of Sight (3/26/2024)

The Place Beyond The Pines (3/27/2024)

Vanity Fair (3/27/2024)

Hanna (3/27/2024)

Bronson (3/27/2024)

Elysium (3/28/2024)

• Like 3

Darkman (1990)

Dr. Peyton Westlake is on the verge of realizing a major breakthrough in synthetic skin when his laboratory is destroyed by gangsters. Having been burned beyond recognition and forever altered by an experimental medical procedure, Westlake becomes known as Darkman, assuming alternate identities in his quest for revenge and a new life with a former love. But when thugs employed by a crime boss lead a vicious assault on Dr. Peyton Wilder (Liam Neeson), leaving him literally and psychologically scarred, an emergency procedure allows him to survive. Upon his recovery, Wilder can find solace only by returning to his scientific work developing synthetic skin, and seeking revenge against the crime boss. He assumes a phantom avenger persona called Darkman, who, with malleable facial qualities, is able to infiltrate and sow terror in the criminal community.

darkman-2020-fan-casting-poster-207046-m

• Like 4

Next Goal Wins

Image result for next goal wins

The story of a washed-up soccer coach who is forced to coach the worst team in the world - American Samoa. Having come off a hiding to Australia, 51-0, in a World Cup Qualifier, they just need to be able to score 1 goal to reach the milestone of the first international goal.

Written & directed by Taika Waititi

I didn't mind it, some funny parts and loosely based on a true story, so I learned something.

• Like 4