The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

4 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

World War Z (5th viewing).

I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for Zombie movies. I really like this film.

Reveal hidden contents

But the one scene that always gets to me above (pun) all is this...

Maybe you already seen it, but i totally recommend this movie

OIP.-ASojay_TRYyk5f7f9oO3gHaKm?rs=1&pid=

• Like 3

On 2/16/2024 at 2:54 PM, Dinniestar said:

Ted 2 needed a good laugh while trophy hunting 

I wish new Ted show was available in uk 

its on sky :)

last thing i watched was madame web not as bad as the reviews was saying but still was disappointing 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Slava said:
13 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Adam Driver

Fitting name for this movie 😁

The one scene where he "drives":

I imagine Michael Mann's excuse for the ridiculous comp shot is that it's an homage to the vintage method of rear projection.

But it just looks like something out of a Looney Tunes cartoon and has nothing to do with the rest of the movie.

🐇 ⬇️

The Matrix didn't need any sequels. But at least Reloaded has some badass action scenes.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Been a bit quiet on the movie front recently but watched a few this week:

The Marvels - this was surprisingly better than I expected considering the backlash against the film. I found it quite amusing and enjoyable, and while it may not be as good as peak Marvel movies I still thought it was their best release for a while. 

While You Were Sleeping - a classic 90s rom-com suitable for Valentines. I think some of the morals are a bit murky in today’s age but they don’t really make movies like this anymore so it was quite a refreshing watch. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I always felt like the sequels (well Reloaded and Revolution at least since I haven't watched Resurrections) went a bit overboard with the philosophy and other stuff that I had a hard time fully understanding them but despite that I remember re-watching the fight scenes a lot since they are done really well and I like the soundtracks to them. The Burly Brawl one was probably my favorite one but I liked the Chateu one because of the song.

Also if you haven't yet, The Animatrix is pretty good. It even shows the machine war with some nightmare fuel visuals :P But with the other shorts they have pretty good animation in them and show another side that you don't see in the movies pretty well.

The second film is not as tight as the first one, but I can't complain about the worldbuilding and philosophical dialogues, really. I liked what the movie had to say and explore.

I did have to rewatch that one part with the Architect to make sure I understood wtf he was saying 😁. I was watching in English, and his way of talking and choosing words was heavy on my non-native speaker ear. Listening a second time was enough. Some of the scene doesn't make sense still. Unless I misunderstood, it sounded like he expected that Trinity would be in danger, even though the whole situation happened because of one rusty pipe. How did he know it would break 😁In any case, I tend to care less about plot holes as the years go by.

But there's one part I agree with the reviews I saw: the new characters weren't very interesting in Reloaded. Link, Niobe, and that one young guy who follows Neo everywhere. Although I never caught myself thinking "When will that councillor guy shut up" or stuff like that. 

Watching Animatrix after Revolutions was my plan from the beginning. I remember hearing good stuff about this anthology and people talking about their favourite episodes. I don't know why I haven't watched it until now. It's like a precursor to Star Wars: Visions (which I haven't watched yet either). I remember liking the idea behind the runner's story in particular. Breaking the virtual limits of human abilities set by machines sounds cool.

Whiplash is peak fiction 😎. One of my favourite movies and one of the reasons Damien Chazelle is somewhere in my top 5 favourite directors. 

I liked the ending because it implies that his methods, despite being horrible, had results. Do you have to pay such price for greatness? Maybe you don't, maybe you do. 

19 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

But it just looks like something out of a Looney Tunes cartoon

It does look a bit goofy when it cuts to Adam Driver.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Slava said:

The second film is not as tight as the first one, but I can't complain about the worldbuilding and philosophical dialogues, really. I liked what the movie had to say and explore.

I did have to rewatch that one part with the Architect to make sure I understood wtf he was saying 😁. I was watching in English, and his way of talking and choosing words was heavy on my non-native speaker ear. Listening a second time was enough. Some of the scene doesn't make sense still. Unless I misunderstood, it sounded like he expected that Trinity would be in danger, even though the whole situation happened because of one rusty pipe. How did he know it would break 😁In any case, I tend to care less about plot holes as the years go by.

But there's one part I agree with the reviews I saw: the new characters weren't very interesting in Reloaded. Link, Niobe, and that one young guy who follows Neo everywhere. Although I never caught myself thinking "When will that councillor guy shut up" or stuff like that. 

Watching Animatrix after Revolutions was my plan from the beginning. I remember hearing good stuff about this anthology and people talking about their favourite episodes. I don't know why I haven't watched it until now. It's like a precursor to Star Wars: Visions (which I haven't watched yet either). I remember liking the idea behind the runner's story in particular. Breaking the virtual limits of human abilities set by machines sounds cool.

Whiplash is peak fiction 😎. One of my favourite movies and one of the reasons Damien Chazelle is somewhere in my top 5 favourite directors. 

I liked the ending because it implies that his methods, despite being horrible, had results. Do you have to pay such price for greatness? Maybe you don't, maybe you do. 

Yeah, I liked the idea of The Merovingian and his group being like a group of outcasts/old programs and having strange powers like the twins. I like the idea of there being other characters like them that are "supernatural" and could have made the setting more video game-y but I think it could be justified with it being the Matrix after all so I think it would have been cool to see more of that. In The Animatrix there actually is one short where a group of kids think an abandoned area is haunted and they see glitches that they interpret as paranormal, so there is something kind of like that but at the same time I'm not sure how that would work in a sequel with high stakes unless maybe The Merovingian want to take over the Matrix themselves.

I would have to see it again but I remember the last time I tried listening to him I couldn't really understand it either :P As for him apparently knowing I guess you could argue that he used a bajillion different calculations and saw the most likely outcome although I remember it does come off as him having some divine foresight rather than it just being a really good program. I also think for Niobe and the other characters you were expected to play the Enter the Matrix game since they debut in that and they also used live action footage for some cutscenes although I don't remember too much about the story and apparently the game itself isn't well liked but I remember having fun with it because of the bullet-time mechanics and my only complaint at the time was you couldn't play as Neo.

Cool, I look forward to seeing your thoughts on it 👍 I'm not sure what my favorite one was since they are all pretty good in their own way. Apart from the nightmare fuel in Second Renaissance I think Kid's Story stuck with me because of the chase sequence and the song that plays. And yeah, the runner's story was cool too and it would have been cool to see if other characters wind up doing that too.

Yeah, that's true about how he got results in the end. It's kind of like how he talked about the one drummer whose friend threw a cymbal at his head which was a weird thing to do but it wound up working in the end.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2024 at 12:14 PM, TheDarkKratos said:

World War Z (5th viewing).

I don't know why, but I'm a sucker for Zombie movies. I really like this film.

Reveal hidden contents

But the one scene that always gets to me above (pun) all is this...

That's a great film, we can also see where The Last of Us got its inspiration from.  

Just saw Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1 last night.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slava said:

Unless I misunderstood, it sounded like he expected that Trinity would be in danger, even though the whole situation happened because of one rusty pipe. How did he know it would break 😁.

Because the Matrix can make it break if need be.

Free Will is an illusion inside the Matrix, even to those who think themselve sfreed from its machinations. In order to keep up this illusion and make the rebels complete the cycle, it will create a perilous situation that seems random but is indeed fully planned out, rather than do something more obvious like sending in the agents. The illusion of free will has to be maintained to keep the Chosen One on the path to reboot the Matrix thinking they do so by their own choice defying the system. It's all mind games so that, even when Neo knows the truth, he still has hope keep him going and fulfill his function for the simulation.

• Like 1